Give 'Em Enough Rope Album Cover

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Re: Give 'Em Enough Rope Album Cover

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Rat Patrol wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote: Yes, Briggy. I am pretty sure you are the only one deeply, humorlessly bothered by this. :rolleyes:
Really? Not Heston, Flex, or JohnS? They were just taking the piss, right? Note that I wrote "I'd just like to hear the bell," not that "I need to hear it or I'll die."

Don't you have better things to do like making yet another copyright-infringing, unfunny, borderline creepy meme/GIF?
I said deeply, humorlessly. That's you...not Heston, Flex, JohnS.

Why don't you press the number under "Fire" on your cell phone and have Baker settle this one for us? There might be a few people yet unconvinced you aren't the most doting, literalist superfan this band has ever had. Or file a DCMA takedown request to protect the band's honour from my MS Paint doodles and lost royalties from the Megalist. Because, you know, that copyright infringement faux-intimidation has gone over oh so well here in the past when somebody feels like pulling that trump card. :rolleyes:
But that's the point: I'm not "deeply, humorlessly bothered" by the dodgy bell. What part of "I'd just like to hear the bell to sound as it should, as it was originally intended to be heard" sounds like I'm "deeply, humorlessly bothered"? That's just you hyperbolizing again.

The fact is that Heston and JohnS want the original bell restored, too. Like I wrote, "I'm not the only one."

So I asked The Baker a question about "The Last Testament." He was there, so he should know. What's wrong w/ getting info from a primary source? When you saw B.A.D. in 2011, did you talk to Mick Jones? Did you ask him questions about The Clash? No. It's a lot safer and easier for you to hide behind your computer anonymously and take the piss out of Mick, et al.

Wouldn't it have been nice to get answers directly from Mick himself for a change instead of merely regurgitating what you've memorized in various Clash-related tomes?

The "copyright-infringing" part was tongue-in-cheek, not meant as intimidation or whatever. It was a joke. Who's the humorless, literal one?

You are really bad at arguing, Briggy.

Furthermore, you know goddamn fucking well the context the "copyright infringement" charge has been levied on this board in the past by people annoyed about insufficient deference to band insiders. There is nothing tongue and cheek about it, because we know damn well you were rooting for that team when it got thrown around in the Vince thread.

You said it...you own it now. Please proceed, superfan. Explain to us the ways we owe it to the band.
Yeah, apparently so bad that you chose not to answer my simple question, "What part of 'I'd just like to hear the bell to sound as it should, as it was originally intended to be heard' sounds like I'm 'deeply, humorlessly bothered'?" and chose not to address the Mick/primary source thing.

Honestly, I don't remember the copyright infringement issue in the Vince thread, so huh? And did I mention that "copyright infringing" was a joke? Oh yeah, I did.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Chuck Mangione wrote:I have Vince's number. He rings me up all the time.
But does the ring sound clipped/sped up/dodgy?

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:I have Vince's number. He rings me up all the time.
But does the ring sound clipped/sped up/dodgy?
:mrgreen:

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Brigg's not humorless. If anybody is humorless it's Clashy or clashrocker.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I'm feeling pretty humorless. Stupid fucking Clash.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Yes, you do remember the copyright infringement charge. Because if you didn't your "tongue-in-cheek" response here wouldn't be written in almost verbatim wording and context to the outright threat levied in that thread. At least the insider who said that owned up to it instead of digging himself even further into a hole.

You said it, you own it. So is there a specific dollar figure you're seeking on behalf of the band for our intransigence as fans?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

All right guys, let's wrap things up before they get too nasty.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Rat Patrol wrote:There is nothing tongue and cheek about it, because we know damn well you were rooting for that team when it got thrown around in the Vince thread.

You said it...you own it now. Please proceed, superfan. Explain to us the ways we owe it to the band.
Oh yeah, this sounds paranoid to me. I wasn't rooting for any team. Again, I don't remember the issue in the alleged Vince thread.

Who's "we"? There you go speaking for the board again w/ the "royal we" nonsense. It's not IMCT vs. me no matter what you need to delude yourself to believe.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Rat Patrol wrote:Yes, you do remember the copyright infringement charge. Because if you didn't your "tongue-in-cheek" response here wouldn't be written in almost verbatim wording and context to the outright threat levied in that thread. At least the insider who said that owned up to it instead of digging himself even further into a hole.

You said it, you own it. So is there a specific dollar figure you're seeking on behalf of the band for our intransigence as fans?
Seriously, I don't recall any "copyright infringement charge." I was jokingly referring to your "infringement" on Mike Laye's photography in your meme/GIF in your sig. I wasn't alluding to any music copyright infringement or whatever you're referring to. You're sounding increasingly more paranoid, so I'll just leave it at that.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Brigg's not humorless.
Gracias.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Yes, you do remember the copyright infringement charge. Because if you didn't your "tongue-in-cheek" response here wouldn't be written in almost verbatim wording and context to the outright threat levied in that thread. At least the insider who said that owned up to it instead of digging himself even further into a hole.

Seriously, I don't recall any "copyright infringement charge." I was merely jokingly referring to your "infringement" on Mike Laye's photography in your meme/GIF in your sig. I wasn't alluding to any copyright music infringement. You're sounding increasingly more paranoid, so I'll just leave it at that.
Oh...so you also remember that other inframous copyright infringement charge from the old board, too? The image-linky one where one member threatened an actual-factual lawsuit against another.

I told you...you are really bad at this rhetorical arguing thing.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Rat Patrol wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:

Seriously, I don't recall any "copyright infringement charge." I was merely jokingly referring to your "infringement" on Mike Laye's photography in your meme/GIF in your sig. I wasn't alluding to any copyright music infringement. You're sounding increasingly more paranoid, so I'll just leave it at that.
Oh...so you also remember that other inframous copyright infringement charge from the old board, too? The image-linky one where one member threatened an actual-factual lawsuit against another.

I told you...you are really bad at this rhetorical arguing thing.
No, I don't remember that other "inframous" CI charge from the old board, so I wasn't referring to that, either. I was solely referring to your meme in your sig. Can't you accept that? Because that's reality.

My questions to you re: what I wrote that makes me "deeply, humorlessly bothered" and Mick/primary source aren't rhetorical, but you don't want to answer them.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:No, I don't remember that other "inframous" CI charge from the old board, so I wasn't referring to that, either. I was solely referring to your meme in your sig. Can't you accept that? Because that's reality.

My questions to you re: what I wrote that makes me "deeply, humorlessly bothered" and Mick/primary source aren't rhetorical, but you don't want to answer them.
So what damages are you seeking on behalf of Mike Laye for my siggy? Can you give him a call and confirm for me?

Apparently you do want to own this enough to keep digging deeper.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Tacos. Those are way better than discussing the Clash.

Delicious tacos.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:Tacos. Those are way better than discussing the Clash.

Delicious tacos.
I'll save us the trouble:
Goddamnit, Heston. That is not food.