Sound System Announcement

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Sound System Announcement

Post by matedog »

Remember that Terry Tour show where they played Hitsville and closed with Radio Clash?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

rudebhoy
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by rudebhoy »

quite bizarre advert for this

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:Remember that Terry Tour show where they played Hitsville and closed with Radio Clash?
That was puzzling me too, until I read they rounded of disc 2 with some Clash Classics. :razz:

The whole concept of this setlist business is absolutely bizarre to me. If you're gonna do a comp just pick the best songs, or maybe the best songs that weren't on "Essential."
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

The itunes tracklisting includes the Shea Stadium album however the official website and all other sources do not. It seems London Calling and Sandinista are restored to their 2 and 3 disc versions to replicate the vinyl (i find that annoying actually as they are not vinyl).

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

The itunes tracklisting includes the Shea Stadium album however the official website and all other sources do not. It seems London Calling and Sandinista are restored to their 2 and 3 disc versions to replicate the vinyl (i find that annoying actually as they are not vinyl).

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:Remember that Terry Tour show where they played Hitsville and closed with Radio Clash?
That was puzzling me too, until I read they rounded of disc 2 with some Clash Classics. :razz:

The whole concept of this setlist business is absolutely bizarre to me. If you're gonna do a comp just pick the best songs, or maybe the best songs that weren't on "Essential."
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

That's some intense double posting above.

I'll be fine either way re: Shea, but man it'd be nice to not have that. Especially since I even bought the Special Edition :disshame: .
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:That's some intense double posting above.
The first ever "double post sandwich" I think.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:That's some intense double posting above.
The first ever "double post sandwich" I think.
:lol:

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

rudebhoy wrote:quite bizarre advert for this

I wonder if that's Paul pressing the buttons on the boombox.

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

Bit confused with the first sentence here after looking at the bonus track listing. Can someone help?

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:All in, five new tracks from the Lyceum with Topper, one appended to FHTE along with Janie Jones from Boston '82, and six on the extras CD's, four previously unreleased. More Julien Temple video. Full length Ghetto Defendant and Sean Flynn, the former a Glyn Johns mix, not sure about the latter. Both Idle in Kangaroo Court and Beautiful People, previously unreleased and I believe Glyn Johns mixes unheard by us all. The Beaconsfield and Guy Stevens demos complete. Weird right now that the price is about half on Amazon UK compared to Amazon here.

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Contents and artwork here:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-clas ... t-t,98011/

How much does the box set cost?
- Pilled up and rrattling -

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Vimmattu wrote:Contents and artwork here:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-clas ... t-t,98011/

How much does the box set cost?
<£595

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Hmm. I've always wanted a giant cigarette around in my house that doesn't do anything and I can't get rid of...

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

You guys, maybe it opens up and there's a hidden track compilation on a USB of outtakes and complete sessions from London SS, Sandinista recording, and Combat Rock!!?!

Or... maybe just a stupid prop.