Sound System Announcement

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Sound System Announcement

Post by Flex »

Other than not having any idea what the cigarette is supposed to represent (other than a penis), I think that's going to be a great set for people who like lavish box sets (of which I am one). I see what TeddyB means by this being a legacy box.

Much more interested in this set now that I'm seeing more details. If the mastering job is actually good, this could be great fun.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

I quess the cigarette is a poster case.

Amazon pre-order 112£, iTunes pre-order 80 £. I wonder whether it is too much.
- Pilled up and rrattling -

tmtmrm
Corner Soul

Post by tmtmrm »

I believe the giant cig will be a poster tube for the poster. Rather than folding it, they done it properly by rolling it. I'm excited to see the footage and the Sussex footage, seems that guy was not lying. Though I wonder if it will be a better transfer.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

matedog wrote:Yeah I'll be picking this up because I have disposable income and shit. But god, I have to pretty much buy Shea Stadium AGAIN? Terry, you win this round.
That's a little confusing to me. The iTunes package shows Shea and FHTE (plus two outtakes) included but the description of the box makes no mention of this. Mick told me there was no live stuff except for the Lyceum but he also said that iTunes was doing some special promotin, so maybe this is part of that. I guess the point of the 2CD comp is you get the new mastering at a very reduced price point.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
matedog wrote:Yeah I'll be picking this up because I have disposable income and shit. But god, I have to pretty much buy Shea Stadium AGAIN? Terry, you win this round.
That's a little confusing to me. The iTunes package shows Shea and FHTE (plus two outtakes) included but the description of the box makes no mention of this. Mick told me there was no live stuff except for the Lyceum but he also said that iTunes was doing some special promotin, so maybe this is part of that. I guess the point of the 2CD comp is you get the new mastering at a very reduced price point.
There will probably be a deluxe edition at some point with the live material and a couple add-ons to milk the collectors.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
I guess I'll buy the actual box and just illegally download the bonus iTunes track per usual. Not sure why they do this since more casual fans would go the iTunes route and would probably not care about the exclusive tracks, but that's the standard these days. Like when I buy vinyl versions of new records and the download card only has the basic tracks. I'm spending more money and getting fewer tracks. Whatever, at least I can still obtain these tracks through less legitimate means.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

It already looks like one has to buy the iTunes package to get Drug Stabbing Time and Janie Jones live. I think we'll see all the individual albums re-released. Maybe FHTE will include those two. Incidentally, both Essential and Singles have been discontinued as part of the putsch. The Clash Hit Back! And Hitsville appended to the comp!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:I guess I'll buy the actual box and just illegally download the bonus iTunes track per usual. Not sure why they do this since more casual fans would go the iTunes route and would probably not care about the exclusive tracks, but that's the standard these days. Like when I buy vinyl versions of new records and the download card only has the basic tracks. I'm spending more money and getting fewer tracks. Whatever, at least I can still obtain these tracks through less legitimate means.
Ditto. It seems precisely backwards and encourages illegal downloading in the segment of the population exactly most likely to be willing to pay extra for legal product. But, hey, the record labels have a pretty great track record of how to meet the needs of consumers so they must know what they're doing. :shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

Newbie here. FHTE?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

blureu wrote:Newbie here. FHTE?
From Here To Eternity.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

There's also this...

Heston

Post by Heston »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:There's also this...

I really despise the way CTC is written out of history. Can people not make their own judgements as to whether they think it's rubbish?

Ironically, a remixed CtC is one of the few Clash things I'd fork some cash out for.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Wow. Covering at least four price points now - Hit Back, Hit Back plus DVD deluxe, The Studio Box, and Sound System (with an iTunes variant). Go Sony!

Maybe they can add one with CTC and lower the price for that. Kidding!!

No one is paying for a remix and no one is agreeing to a remix. It would sell about fifty copies anyway... Also, there's a good argument to be made whether it's "The Clash" and as such belongs in the artistic canon of the band. Mick calls it "the dodgy Clash.". It's still available as a CD for anyone who wants to buy it.
Last edited by TeddyB Not Logged In on 21 May 2013, 5:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
rudebhoy wrote:quite bizarre advert for this

I wonder if that's Paul pressing the buttons on the boombox.
Yeah, I believe so.

Heston

Post by Heston »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Wow. Covering at least four price points now - Hit Back, Hit Back plus DVD deluxe, The Studio Box, and Sound System (with an iTunes variant). Go Sony!

Maybe they can add one with CTC and lower the price for that. Kidding!!

No one is paying for a remix and no one is agreeing to a remix. It would sell about fifty copies anyway... Also, there's a good argument to be made whether it's "The Clash" and as such belongs in the artistic canon of the band. Mick calls it "the dodgy Clash.". It's still available as a CD for anyone who wants to buy it.
It says The Clash on the sleeve, and it always will. I don't know why they don't just accept it after all this time. It might even reel a few more fans in. ;)