Clash minutiae

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Re: Clash minutiae

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Rat Patrol wrote: Image

On your Top 5 rankings of available photographic evidence, how fucking stoned out of his gourd is Joe there? I think we have a new #1, maaaaaaaan.
I don't think Joe looks stoned (he doesn't even have red eye), but the person who decided to use the Disney-like font probably was...might as well have used Comic Sans.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Image

Clash II were a "FROM NOW ON, DRUGS ARE CRAP!" away from doing a 3-hour long jazz freakout bass solo version of Jericho onstage and suffocating with BO death all the striking miners they were trying to save.

-- Clash minutiae
(Stomping like a two-year-old) NO! NO! NO! I DID NOT SEE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!
On your Top 5 rankings of available photographic evidence, how fucking stoned out of his gourd is Joe there? I think we have a new #1, maaaaaaaan.
Isn't there a pic in the Before and After book where Joe and Mick are eating doughnuts or something? I remember them looking mashed on that one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote: Image

I don't think Joe looks stoned (he doesn't even have red eye), but the person who decided to use the Disney-like font probably was...might as well have used Comic Sans.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. What's with the Disney font?

Also, fuck the Grateful Dead.

Heston

Post by Heston »

I didn't even know who Bob Weir was. Kudos?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Heston wrote:I didn't even know who Bob Weir was. Kudos?
You need to be completely unawares of several more poxes on music to make up for your deficit in that dept. :naughty:

One for every member of KISS. Even Eric Carr.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:http://deadheadland.com/wp-content/uplo ... 8049_n.jpg

Clash II were a "FROM NOW ON, DRUGS ARE CRAP!" away from doing a 3-hour long jazz freakout bass solo version of Jericho onstage and suffocating with BO death all the striking miners they were trying to save.

-- Clash minutiae
http://www.altcountrytab.ca/forum/image ... eyzone.gif
The best was that one photo from "Redemption Song" with Mick passing Joe a joint and Joe just looking completely gone.

I tried to search for it on the internets to no avail, but found this interesting photo of the boys in the studio with Futura:

From this site: http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/ ... didnt_own/
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Image

-- Clash minutiae
Isn't there a pic in the Before and After book where Joe and Mick are eating doughnuts or something? I remember them looking mashed on that one.
Yeah, Joe is trying to feed one to Mick and Mick is flinching. Definite stoner behavior on both counts.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Hoy wrote:The best was that one photo from "Redemption Song" with Mick passing Joe a joint and Joe just looking completely gone.

I tried to search for it on the internets to no avail, but found this interesting photo of the boys in the studio with Futura:

From this site: http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/ ... didnt_own/
Wow, I almost didn't notice Mick there in the background. That's a great site, by the way.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:I didn't even know who Bob Weir was. Kudos?
You are so very, very lucky.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

This is pretty cool. I can't figure out which one's Bob Weir though, but whatever. I just like it because it's a cover version of one of my favorite Roky Erickson songs and Screamin' Jay Hawkins introduces it.
[youtube][/youtube]

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I just noticed the organ glissando going into the first verse of Spanish Bombs. That organ is mixed kinda low on that tune. I can only really hear it at the very end.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:I just noticed the organ glissando going into the first verse of Spanish Bombs. That organ is mixed kinda low on that tune. I can only really hear it at the very end.
I think it's louder on the Guitar HeroTM version.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:I just noticed the organ glissando going into the first verse of Spanish Bombs. That organ is mixed kinda low on that tune. I can only really hear it at the very end.
I think it's louder on the Guitar HeroTM version.
Thank god.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Wikipedia says that The Clash and the Meskies both covered an Eddie Cochran song, which I think is wrong.

I'll correct these entries, unless anyone can come up with evidence to the contrary.

Anyone?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Spiff wrote:Wikipedia says that The Clash and the Meskies both covered an Eddie Cochran song, which I think is wrong.

I'll correct these entries, unless anyone can come up with evidence to the contrary.

Anyone?
Probably a bit of Brand New Cadillac based confusion.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/