Cut the Crap sucked because of biz...

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
johnny2bad
Corner Soul

Re: Cut the Crap sucked because of biz...

Post by johnny2bad »

interesting as usual kris' exegesis, the problem is judging history ex post.
the tons of ink poured about the weather conditions in waterloo (without rain napoleon would have had the chance to move the cannons and probably winning the battle) are the proved golden rule that with ifs and buts you don't change the spinning of the world and not even of r'n'r'. It would be interesting to collect the opinions of 1985 kids (now middle aged people like me) about what they were feeling when they were listening to ctc immediately after the purchasing, at that time, at that age, after 84 clash II terrific gigs etc
I clearly remember that me and my mates (we saw the clash in 1980 and 1981 before so we were quite entitled to make comparison) , after some moments of astonishment and perplexity, were uber excited of the record and of this sort of gross terrace punk and who cared if it was mixed up with pawn shop synth and shitty produced. Nobody knew about munich, fayne, wagner...for us the key point was this childish, strange. totally out of fashion (and the english press massacre convinced us once more we were right!) idea to jump on the time machine and land in '77 or who knows where.
but at the end of the day ctc accomplished its mission if after 30 years we're still here discussing about!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Picking up on one of your threads here, it seems like "an oral history of Cut the Crap" would be the perfect thing for one of the web's #content generators.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Flex wrote:Picking up on one of your threads here, it seems like "an oral history of Cut the Crap" would be the perfect thing for one of the web's #content generators.

I guess transcripts of the movie might work. There's also Nick's recollections here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... owles.html

If Bernie were half the genius he claimed to be there'd be a 30th anniversary remix out by now.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

IkarisOne wrote:
07 Mar 2013, 2:11pm
I'd also point out that all three pointed out that the record sounded finished when they first heard it, since it had Fayne/Wagner/Watt Roy's contributions and Joe's guitar. Who knows- maybe that version would've been better before Bernie spend the next 3 months second-guessing everything.
So there definitely are tapes pre-Bernie's madness.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Now that would be interesting!