EET Week covers

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Re: EET Week covers

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
Actually, if nobody minds, I'd like to tackle North & South -- but I won't get around to it till Friday, probably. I may do it "field recording" style with my DVR...for that extra touch of 'cred' that those Wise MEN and street kids so desire...

Plenty of time. EET Week runs til midnight, Sunday. The more covers the merrier.
I figured as much, I'm just doing some of my "gotta-pay-rent"-type stuff today...but I definitely want to contribute, having chronicled this era of the band as much as I have.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
Chairman Ralph wrote:
Actually, if nobody minds, I'd like to tackle North & South -- but I won't get around to it till Friday, probably. I may do it "field recording" style with my DVR...for that extra touch of 'cred' that those Wise MEN and street kids so desire...

Plenty of time. EET Week runs til midnight, Sunday. The more covers the merrier.
I figured as much, I'm just doing some of my "gotta-pay-rent"-type stuff today...but I definitely want to contribute, having chronicled this era of the band as much as I have.
Very excellent. I'll be chuffed if we can get each song covered.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
Chairman Ralph wrote:

Go 4 It. I'm claiming Dictator.
1. Dictator - matedog
2. Dirty Punk
3. We Are the Clash - Heston
4. Are You Red...Y
5. Cool Under Heat - Heston?
6. Movers and Shakers
7. This Is England
8. Three Card Trick
9. Play to Win - Heston + IMCT
10. Fingerpoppin - Flex
11. North and South - Chairman
12. Life Is Wild
13. Do EET Now!!!!!- Maj
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

I have a clear idea of what I want out of my cover. Unfortunately due to my lack of talent, the final product will likely fall short. Given my timing, I think I'll likely wrap up this Saturday.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Guys, I think something magical might be happening here.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Guys, I think something magical might be happening here.
I believe so, too... :mrgreen:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I might be able to whip out a second one, let me see where we're at time-wise when I finish my current one.

That second one would be Three Card Trick, but if somebody else wants to do it, go ahead. Especially since I might not be able to get to it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Does anyone have the busking version of Cool Under Heat at hand? Nowt on YouTube.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:Does anyone have the busking version of Cool Under Heat at hand? Nowt on YouTube.
I can upload it, but it wouldnt be for another seven hours.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:Does anyone have the busking version of Cool Under Heat at hand? Nowt on YouTube.
I can upload it, but it wouldnt be for another seven hours.
That's fine, I just need to make some lyrical notes.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

So how do I get involved? I don't want to miss out.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Someone should do In the Pouring Rain.

matedog

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:So how do I get involved? I don't want to miss out.
Get VH to do a piano cover of This Is England since he has a good ear. Or another song with a competent melody. Or you could get VH Jr to do some Gallagher sons-esque covers. :shifty:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:Or you could get VH Jr to do some Gallagher sons-esque covers. :shifty:
If this happens, the song MUST MUST MUST be "Dirty Punk"
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
matedog wrote:Or you could get VH Jr to do some Gallagher sons-esque covers. :shifty:
If this happens, the song MUST MUST MUST be "Dirty Punk"
That'd be an homage within an homage. This would be the most dynamic tribute album ever.