Clash II Book Coming Soon...Summer 2013

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Clash II Book Coming Soon...Summer 2013

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
31 May 2018, 7:45am
Yeah, Heston, Amazon is one route -- or you can direct to the publisher, Akashic Books, right here:

http://www.akashicbooks.com/

Last I checked, release date was July 6...but check your local listings, as they used to say. :mrgreen:
Ralph, I check out the info on your book and look forward to it. I see you are around southwest Michigan. Have you checked out Lark's BBQ in Benton Harbor?

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Yes, well acquainted with Lark's, though I haven't been there in awhile. Southwest Michigan definitely has lots of dining out options -- one thing it doesn't lack, amid the ongoing push to make it more popular (and thereby, more expensive).

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
31 May 2018, 7:45am
Yeah, Heston, Amazon is one route -- or you can direct to the publisher, Akashic Books, right here:

http://www.akashicbooks.com/

Last I checked, release date was July 6...but check your local listings, as they used to say. :mrgreen:
A friend told me that he saw it at Amoeba Music in San Francisco and mentioned that The Baker did the foreword.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

A friend told me that he saw it at Amoeba Music in San Francisco and mentioned that The Baker did the foreword.
Indeed, he did: It's called "Jewels From The Wreckage," and a nice satisftying little mini-epic in itself...but I'll let you decide when you've read it. :mrgreen:

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

What?
I've ordered a copy direct from the publisher's website, fully expecting a revised invoice to appear before I made the final paypal payment, reflecting the postage costs to the UK - and nothing happened. The basic order went through and has been processed with confirmation email etc.
The postage cost quoted was $4.00, and I was charged the same.
Now there's no way on this earth that a book can be shipped to the UK for 4 dollars. It costs me more than that to send a largish birthday card from here to the US.
Ralph - I want to make sure you guys all get paid accordingly for your product, but as far as I can see the webpage isn't really helping you out. You may want to alert the publishers.
And feel free to PM me any way to make amends to my order and revise the payment.

PS good luck with this project! Anyone who is a member here will certainly know their stuff and be capable of producing a must-read Clash book.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

by JohnS » 03 Jun 2018, 8:27pm

What?
I've ordered a copy direct from the publisher's website, fully expecting a revised invoice to appear before I made the final paypal payment, reflecting the postage costs to the UK - and nothing happened. The basic order went through and has been processed with confirmation email etc.
The postage cost quoted was $4.00, and I was charged the same.
Now there's no way on this earth that a book can be shipped to the UK for 4 dollars. It costs me more than that to send a largish birthday card from here to the US.
Ralph - I want to make sure you guys all get paid accordingly for your product, but as far as I can see the webpage isn't really helping you out. You may want to alert the publishers.
And feel free to PM me any way to make amends to my order and revise the payment.

PS good luck with this project! Anyone who is a member here will certainly know their stuff and be capable of producing a must-read Clash book.
Thanks, John. It's been a long time in coming.

Having sent a lot of stuff myself over the years to the UK, and Europe, I know how expensive it is, and it's certainly not getting any better. At any rate...

...I've passed on your message to the publisher, who's probably best placed to address your issue -- I don't work there, after all -- and can presumably change whatever needs changing (to more accurately reflect the actual cost). We'll see how that works out.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Update: I messed up when ordering and didn't see the drop-down menu option to select international delivery (well... I'd been out all day, er, celebrating at a friend's birthday party :mrgreen: )
I got an email from the publishers explaining my mistake and a refund; I've just re-ordered, with appropriate shipping costs applied. Phew.
Anyway, got there in the end - another one sold Ralph!
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Ralph, the extremely belated release of your book has coincided with my having some very minor surplus income* for the first time in about six years, so that's another sale to take into the bank.

*Despite being deep into an overdraft, I might have access to as much as £20.00 before my next payday comes around, a shocking and disturbing proposition.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Is the publisher shipping now or do you have to wait for the Amazon release date?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm hoping to get an ebook to save on shipping. Will that be possible?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Update: I messed up when ordering and didn't see the drop-down menu option to select international delivery (well... I'd been out all day, er, celebrating at a friend's birthday party :mrgreen: )
I got an email from the publishers explaining my mistake and a refund; I've just re-ordered, with appropriate shipping costs applied. Phew.
Anyway, got there in the end - another one sold Ralph!
Thanks, John -- I passed on your message to Akashic, so glad to see that sorted out.
Ralph, the extremely belated release of your book has coincided with my having some very minor surplus income* for the first time in about six years, so that's another sale to take into the bank.

*Despite being deep into an overdraft, I might have access to as much as £20.00 before my next payday comes around, a shocking and disturbing proposition.
Trust me, I get completely. If I'd had to pay for every gig that I got comped, I'd never have gotten to see any over the last 20 years or so. :mrgreen: That being said, I don't have outlets to interview bands (and, hence, get in free), so I'm scratching around all the time for affordable nights out. It's gotten hard to find anything under $15 or $20, unless it's a local band, of course.
s the publisher shipping now or do you have to wait for the Amazon release date?
I honestly don't know the answers, though my hunch tells me yes and yes, respectively. But I'd really go and check with Akashic to get the real deal -- those are "inside baseball" things that I, being the independent contractor, wouldn't always be privy to. Thanks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 1:47pm
Amazon has a Kindle version listed that's half the price of the tree version.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 4:25pm
Silent Majority wrote:
I presume the author gets the same cut for print or ebook?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 7:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 4:25pm
Silent Majority wrote:
I presume the author gets the same cut for print or ebook?
No idea, but I can't help but think that authors actually get a lower royalty rate because the number of copies available is unlimited or somesuch nonsense.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

No idea, but I can't help but think that authors actually get a lower royalty rate because the number of copies available is unlimited or somesuch nonsense.
I'd have to look at the contract again to be sure, but as I recall, it's lower -- and it's driven by the lower price point, not so much on availability. At any rate, the more the merrier.