SOUNDBOARD UPGRADE BRIXTON 30 JULY 1982

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

SOUNDBOARD UPGRADE BRIXTON 30 JULY 1982

Post by mcintyrepoet »

Brixton Fair Deal 30th July 1982 - Mick's last London Clash gig and the night they started with White Riot.
I was there so particularly glad that Dave Newson has sent me is tape. He has allowed it to circulate. Refreshing considering the teasers who say they have recordings but never let anyone hear them, so well done and thanks Dave.
Dave; 'I got it about a week or two after the gig from a guy who was with the 'Peace Convoy' that had set up camp on the outskirts of Norwich that summer. He said he was part of Clash road crew and just gave me the tape, it had no cover or anything written on the tape itself. Couple of years later I went to see Clash 2 at the same venue and this guy was in the foyer handing out flyers for The Men They Couldn't Hang (who were supporting that night) and had a tour pass card on, so maybe he was part of the later crew... I don't know. He didn't remember me as such., but certainly remembered being parked up in Norwich and meeting some local Clash fans'
Its a significant upgrade on the circulating soundboard - still missing the four songs on that but a wider clearer sound. Sadly copied to a TDK D an AD would have made all the difference! Be very surprised if it it was not copied from the master.
I have transferred it this week. I am posting the lossless files on the blackmarketclash.com download site I've added the missing tracks from Derek Harris' master audience recording and what's missing from that from the original audience circulating tape to make the complete gig.
A downside with the new tape is Mick's guitar is low in the mix on the first half dozen songs.
Considering the meagre new offerings in 2011,though this is certainly one to enjoy
Peter

101Walterton
The Best

Re: SOUNDBOARD UPGRADE BRIXTON 30 JULY 1982

Post by 101Walterton »

mcintyrepoet wrote:Brixton Fair Deal 30th July 1982 - Mick's last London Clash gig and the night they started with White Riot.
I was there so particularly glad that Dave Newson has sent me is tape. He has allowed it to circulate. Refreshing considering the teasers who say they have recordings but never let anyone hear them, so well done and thanks Dave.
Dave; 'I got it about a week or two after the gig from a guy who was with the 'Peace Convoy' that had set up camp on the outskirts of Norwich that summer. He said he was part of Clash road crew and just gave me the tape, it had no cover or anything written on the tape itself. Couple of years later I went to see Clash 2 at the same venue and this guy was in the foyer handing out flyers for The Men They Couldn't Hang (who were supporting that night) and had a tour pass card on, so maybe he was part of the later crew... I don't know. He didn't remember me as such., but certainly remembered being parked up in Norwich and meeting some local Clash fans'
Its a significant upgrade on the circulating soundboard - still missing the four songs on that but a wider clearer sound. Sadly copied to a TDK D an AD would have made all the difference! Be very surprised if it it was not copied from the master.
I have transferred it this week. I am posting the lossless files on the blackmarketclash.com download site I've added the missing tracks from Derek Harris' master audience recording and what's missing from that from the original audience circulating tape to make the complete gig.
A downside with the new tape is Mick's guitar is low in the mix on the first half dozen songs.
Considering the meagre new offerings in 2011,though this is certainly one to enjoy
Peter
A lot has been said about them opening with White Riot at Brixton on the 30th after being critisised earlier in the tour for not enough early material however I saw the Clash on 27th in Poole and I am positive they opened with White Riot that night.

mikel
Junco Partner

Post by mikel »

Awesome!!!!!!!!

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

Rat Patrol Posting From The Future wrote:Awesome, another 1982 sludgefest with immaculate sound!
Hah, that is so you.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

mikel
Junco Partner

Post by mikel »

Highlights
Radio clash
Guns of brixton
Somebody got murdered
Bankrobber
Magnificent seven
Ghetto defendant
Police and thieves
Straight to hell
Great guitar on them
Thanks!!!

rocketstern
Dirty Punk

Post by rocketstern »

Oh Yeah,Peter!

Clashy
Corner Soul

Post by Clashy »

Amazing. Thank you very much.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Thanks for uploading, Peter. Will check it out tonight.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

boogie
Dirty Punk

Post by boogie »

Thank you for sharing this. One of a handful of Clash shows that I actually saw.

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

Thanks for this, I was also at this show, if I remember rightly either Tenpole Tudor or joboxers were supporting that night. I do remember meeting Mikey dread walking about the venue before the show he was heavily stoned, On the boot you can hear Joe saying something about promotion after bankrobber that's because as Mickey walked on at the start of Bankrobber he threw some 12" singles into the audience. Great memories from when i had a full head of hair :cry:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Version now consolidated, retagged, and uploaded to the megalist:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZO2JUFI8
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:Version now consolidated, retagged, and uploaded to the megalist:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZO2JUFI8
Nice one, thanks.

Dirty Harry
Junco Partner

Post by Dirty Harry »

cant believe how much it better it sounds than the original thanks!!!
Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, "life" has surface noise."

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kaleb wrote:
Rat Patrol Posting From The Future wrote:Awesome, another 1982 sludgefest with immaculate sound!
Hah, that is so you.
If I recall, this is considered one of the 5 or so 82 Terry shows that actually rocks balls.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
Kaleb wrote:
Hah, that is so you.
If I recall, this is considered one of the 5 or so 82 Terry shows that actually rocks balls.
Mick in particular. This is the show he performed in front of his dad for the first time. MASSIVE guitar. And Joe's at his howling, ad-libby best.

Just...pay no attention to the guy at the back of the stage boredly dribbling a basketball through the set. I don't know how Terry could've possibly not gotten up for this one with how much extra-special aggro the front line was showing, but at least the SBD mixes the guitars way up in front and goes tastefully low on the drum-and-bass failure.

Radio Clash has chest hair in this show. :fuck: