1-24-82 missing tracks

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
John Pemberton

1-24-82 missing tracks

Post by John Pemberton »

Does anyone have the full show for 1-24-82 Shibuya?? The popular one circulating now is missing a couple of tracks, including a stunning/killer version of Complete Control with Mick mocking Bernie midway thru.

The entire show was about 100 minutes so it was on 2 tapes and between various moves I lost the 2nd tape with the additional songs.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: 1-24-82 missing tracks

Post by matedog »

That would make sense given that the 23 tracks on the circulating boot seems a bit brief compared to EVERY OTHER SHOW on that tour and the tour before.

Still, I'm a bit doubtful about this "Mick as Bernie" CC. Might as well tell me it has Paul singing Rebel Waltz or the fabled "STH w/ Topper on drums".
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

John Pemberton

Re: 1-24-82 missing tracks

Post by John Pemberton »

Back in the 1980's I got my tapes from Ben Godbee from Oak Ridge TN and John Shipley from MD so that's where I got my copy. If anyone is ever in contact with them they might have it. I think back in the early to mid 90's I might have sent a copy to Satch, I can't remember.

Anyway, they played a couple of extra songs and when Joe sings.."make a lot of money, worry about it later".... Mick chimes in with "ya Bernie".

It's a great version of CC, it would definitely be on the top song performances thread.