Worst performance per song

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Red star 69
Dirty Punk

Re: Worst performance per song

Post by Red star 69 »

matedog wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:The Clash 2, 1984, Arthur Scargills Christmas party (the entire gig). I came, I saw, I wanted my money back
What the fuck show is this?
The Clash (well, Joe and some other blokes calling themselves The Clash) did a benefit gig for the striking miners in ´84 and it was, apart from the good will, crap!

I just googled it and to my amazement someone is selling bottlegs of it at
http://cap.vapor.com/Frontier/sharoma.c ... _party.htm

I wouldn´t recomend buying it though (unless you´re a manic collector) and don´t believe the review ... it really is rubbish.
We have both shows (from 12/6 and 12/7) at this very site in great quality for free:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10

I actually enjoy it more than most Clash II boots. It has an unusual set list (not to mention the stellar reworking of One More Time) and a tone of Clash 2 originals.
Hmmm... and why ask what the fuck show was this?
Last edited by Red star 69 on 23 Aug 2008, 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
The root of all faults, all failings, is nothing other than ignorance. This ignorance is like mistaking a heap of stones on the horizon for a human figure; it has no basis whatsoever, which means that even the source of of these faults and failings does not exist.
Tertón Sogyal, Tibet, Summer 1900

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:The Clash 2, 1984, Arthur Scargills Christmas party (the entire gig). I came, I saw, I wanted my money back
The Clash (well, Joe and some other blokes calling themselves The Clash) did a benefit gig for the striking miners in ´84 and it was, apart from the good will, crap!

I wouldn´t recomend buying it though (unless you´re a manic collector) and don´t believe the review ... it really is rubbish.
We have both shows (from 12/6 and 12/7) at this very site in great quality for free:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10

I actually enjoy it more than most Clash II boots. It has an unusual set list (not to mention the stellar reworking of One More Time) and a tone of Clash 2 originals.
Hmmm... the shows were on the 6th & 7th of December
We don't cotton to that European dating system round these parts. Now grab a basket of Freedom fries lets all crank the Lee Greenwood!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Red star 69
Dirty Punk

Post by Red star 69 »

Wolter wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote: What the fuck show is this?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10

Hmmm... the shows were on the 6th & 7th of December
We don't cotton to that European dating system round these parts. Now grab a basket of Freedom fries lets all crank the Lee Greenwood!
I just realised that the dates were using the the US dating system and changed my post... but you were too quick!
I´ll just let it stand now as it is so everyone can see how stupid and dishonest I am... Red star exposed!
The root of all faults, all failings, is nothing other than ignorance. This ignorance is like mistaking a heap of stones on the horizon for a human figure; it has no basis whatsoever, which means that even the source of of these faults and failings does not exist.
Tertón Sogyal, Tibet, Summer 1900

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:
matedog wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10

Hmmm... and why ask what the fuck show was this?
I didn't know it had a proper name and thought December 6th was a bit early for a Christmas show. Makes sense enough though.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Agree w/ matey regarding One More Time + the cornucopia of Mk. II originals. Some other Mk. II era has better performances, but these ones certainly stand up in their own right.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

This Is Radio Clash at the RPI Fieldhouse in Troy, 3rd of October 1982. Really embarrassing when Joe shouts "bass and drum" (0:43) and the group literally seems to lose their way... or also Spanish Bombs in Piazza Maggiore in Bologna (1-6-1980) with the innocent Mr George Butler of Whirlwind on drums, the way he closes the song is hair-raising.
but i still love them :!:

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Every Terry European home
Every Terry tommy gun
Every Terry complete Control
Every Terry clampdown
The list goes on. You get the idea

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

yetaca wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 5:55am
Every Terry European home
Every Terry tommy gun
Every Terry complete Control
Every Terry clampdown
The list goes on. You get the idea
:mrgreen:
i can't agree more

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I know it's not in the spirit of the thread but i think Terry does a pretty good job on the FHTE Straight To Hell, my go to version of that song including the recorded versions.

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Low Down Low wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 7:29am
I know it's not in the spirit of the thread but i think Terry does a pretty good job on the FHTE Straight To Hell, my go to version of that song including the recorded versions.
I love live versions of straight to hell with Terry. Janie Jones I like him on too. Pressure drop, car Jamming, etc

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Heston wrote:
19 Aug 2008, 11:18am
Pressure Drop 6.8.81

This was on the comp that nsc recently uploaded, and it's absolutely wretched. I know they hadn't played it for four years, but they sound like they're picking up their instruments for the first time in four years. An unholy mess.

Spoiler
Also Brand New Cadillac from the filmed Sun Plaza show. Terrible! I don't know how it made it on Don Letts' upcoming dvd.
Hang on. What have I missed here

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 9:36am
Heston wrote:
19 Aug 2008, 11:18am
Pressure Drop 6.8.81

This was on the comp that nsc recently uploaded, and it's absolutely wretched. I know they hadn't played it for four years, but they sound like they're picking up their instruments for the first time in four years. An unholy mess.

Spoiler
Also Brand New Cadillac from the filmed Sun Plaza show. Terrible! I don't know how it made it on Don Letts' upcoming dvd.
Hang on. What have I missed here
Bonds show, awfulness.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

John Pemberton
Corner Soul

Post by John Pemberton »

Armegiddeon Time US Festival

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
I like you, LDL, but this may be the craziest opinion I've ever read here.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 1:24pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I like you, LDL, but this may be the craziest opinion I've ever read here.
FHTE is actually my favorite live version of that song. That being said, it's my favorite version IN SPITE of Terry's dumbed down beat.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.