'82 Jamaica interview/footage

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

'82 Jamaica interview/footage

Post by yetaca »

[youtube][/youtube]

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: '82 Jamaica interview/footage

Post by cat »

Great find, Thanks for that.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Very nice!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Aw man, I was hoping to hear the 1984 interview. They are always so insightful.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Fantastic video/find! Where the fuck did you find this (besides on YouTube - if you uploaded, I mean; Where did you get it?) Seriously. I'm gonna share this video a lot. Will be on the Loving the Clash FB page in no time. Superb! Now just for the footage of the whole show.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Love that shot of Joe with Gabby. Jesus Christ, I can't stop playing this video. I love this fucking band.

Hammy
Dirty Punk

Post by Hammy »

Beautiful.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Hah, the locals don't seem too impressed.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Thanks for posting Yetaca.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Fantastic video/find! Where the fuck did you find this (besides on YouTube - if you uploaded, I mean; Where did you get it?) Seriously. I'm gonna share this video a lot. Will be on the Loving the Clash FB page in no time. Superb! Now just for the footage of the whole show.
I was just drunk and watching some Clash stuff and noticed it as a related video off to the right-hand side on youtube lol (These sort of clips always get taken down kinda quickly though)

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

yetaca wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Fantastic video/find! Where the fuck did you find this (besides on YouTube - if you uploaded, I mean; Where did you get it?) Seriously. I'm gonna share this video a lot. Will be on the Loving the Clash FB page in no time. Superb! Now just for the footage of the whole show.
I was just drunk and watching some Clash stuff and noticed it as a related video off to the right-hand side on youtube lol (These sort of clips always get taken down kinda quickly though)
True. I downloaded it through Ant and saved (stole) the video to my hard-drive now, just in case it gets taken down. I advise others to do the same.

Safe European Home
Junco Partner

Post by Safe European Home »

yetaca wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks they really need to release the whole concert footage.
IMCT-the funniest guys on the breadline

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

True. I downloaded it through Ant and saved (stole) the video to my hard-drive now, just in case it gets taken down. I advise others to do the same.
Your right they had the full clip of police on my back vid featured in this clip, It's been taken down.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

This definitely needs a rebroadcast. The front-of-house sound on the audience-shot vid shows a much livelier performance than that deadened unmixed SBD, and it's quality video. Not surprising there's no video boot circulating because not many people in Jamaica had VCR's in 1982. But the whole festival's performances were simulcast on TV and it was a very big festival because it was the first really big event held at the then- brand new Marley Performing Arts Center. This and a whole lot of other bands' performances have to still be in the TV networks' archives. It was too important a festival for it to get misplaced.

Lot of excellent performances there. I have the Toots & Maytals gig from earlier in the Festival, and it's same-quality SBD rip as The Clash's gig. Also unmixed, but appears most of the major headliners did get leaked boots straight off the board.

Doom @The Controls
Corner Soul

Post by Doom @The Controls »

On a side note, it makes you realize how incredible Toronto's City TV was once upon a time. I feel very lucky to have grown up with that station - who in hindsight, have proven to have been every bit as important as the BBC for documenting punk, new wave, etc.