Covers of Clash Songs

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Alyssa
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Covers of Clash Songs

Post by Alyssa »

So today at work, some girl I work with brought her iPod along and attached it to speakers and we listened to it on shuffle. It was mostly metal and mediocre alternative rock, which I managed to tune out, but then a cover of Street Parade came on and it was actually pretty good. It caught my attention, anyways, after hours of blocking out the music. Does anyone have any idea who this was? Also, it got me thinking about covers of Clash songs--which are the best?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Covers of Clash Songs

Post by Heston »

Maybe it was one of the songs on The Sandinista Project? It was a tribute album featuring different artists recreating Sandinista.

My personal favourite Clash cover is We Are The Clash by Sparks.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Heston wrote:Maybe it was one of the songs on The Sandinista Project? It was a tribute album featuring different artists recreating Sandinista.

Ditto on the Sparks version! Alyssa's question spurred a quest. Google dug up evidence of a Buzzcocks version of Street Parade, but I can't seem to get any further with it. Any ideas?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I like the Thea Gilmore version of I'm Not Down. I don't like the Indigo Girls version of Clampdown. It was awful. To say the least. Seriously.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

mitsotakis
Corner Soul

Post by mitsotakis »

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:I like the Thea Gilmore version of I'm Not Down. I don't like the Indigo Girls version of Clampdown. It was awful. To say the least. Seriously.
The majority of that Burning London album is awful.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Magnus
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Magnus »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:I like the Thea Gilmore version of I'm Not Down. I don't like the Indigo Girls version of Clampdown. It was awful. To say the least. Seriously.
The majority of that Burning London album is awful.
I like Cracker´s White Riot though, and also The Pistoleers version of Bankrobber on This Is Rockabilly Clash.

mitsotakis
Corner Soul

Post by mitsotakis »

Has anyone listened toxic reasons cover of 48 hours?

Alyssa
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Alyssa »

threecoffins wrote:
Heston wrote:Maybe it was one of the songs on The Sandinista Project? It was a tribute album featuring different artists recreating Sandinista.

Ditto on the Sparks version! Alyssa's question spurred a quest. Google dug up evidence of a Buzzcocks version of Street Parade, but I can't seem to get any further with it. Any ideas?
My Googling also came up with the Buzzcocks. Now that I think about it, it might have actually been the Buzzcocks, mainly because the Buzzcocks are just about the only band who has covered Street Parade. Also, the person who had the iPod would never have a Clash cover compilation as they had never heard of the Clash X(

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Wait wait wait -- The Buzzcocks covered Street Parade? When/why/how?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:Wait wait wait -- The Buzzcocks covered Street Parade? When/why/how?
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Back up a bit now. When are the pancakes coming in the mail?

Also, THE BUZZCOCKS COVERED STREET PARADE?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I liked that version of Im Not Down by Thea Gilmore on the Radio Clash CD

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Wolter wrote:
Inder wrote:Wait wait wait -- The Buzzcocks covered Street Parade? When/why/how?
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Back up a bit now. When are the pancakes coming in the mail?

Google it. You'll find traces of it on Spanish lyrics sites, but I can't track down what release it's on for the life of me. Believe me, it'd make my year to hear this.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

threecoffins wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Google it. You'll find traces of it on Spanish lyrics sites, but I can't track down what release it's on for the life of me. Believe me, it'd make my year to hear this.
You sure it is not just a misnomer?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm 98% sure that the communists started a rumor that the Buzzcocks covered Street Parade to hurt the moral of the Free West when we learned that, in fact, the whole thing was a devious communist ruse.

I hate you Khrushchev. So, so much.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!