Spanish Bomb

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
ulysses
Corner Soul

Spanish Bomb

Post by ulysses »

Anyone heard Tijuana No! doing a version of "Spanish Bombs"? There's a CD on iTunes called Rockeras, it's a compilation of songs from Hispanic women. I downloaded the CD as I'm a big fan of "La Oreja de Van Gogh", there's some pretty good songs on there. There are more pop songs than rock but there's a version of "Spanish Bombs" on there.
It's pretty bad if you ask me. I give them credit for trying, and for getting most of the words right but it's pretty uninspired. It's one of my favorite Clash tunes so I doubt anyone can do any more than just copy it.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Spanish Bomb

Post by daredevil »

While channel surfing across some spanish tv stations, i stopped because a song sounded familiar.
It was band fronted by a girl singing Spanish Bombs, it was ok. I'm thinking it was the same band
as mentioned in the post above.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

There's a very nice, very moving version of "Spanish Bombs" by Melodee Fernandez..."Bombas Españolas." I was told that Joe Strummer became emotional when he heard the song...he thought it was that beautiful.

ulysses
Corner Soul

Post by ulysses »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:There's a very nice, very moving version of "Spanish Bombs" by Melodee Fernandez..."Bombas Españolas." I was told that Joe Strummer became emotional when he heard the song...he thought it was that beautiful.
You got me curious now, BR16ADE, I want to hear it but so far no luck looking everywhere, iTunes, Limewire, Google searches. Please let me know if you have a source.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

ulysses wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:There's a very nice, very moving version of "Spanish Bombs" by Melodee Fernandez..."Bombas Españolas." I was told that Joe Strummer became emotional when he heard the song...he thought it was that beautiful.
You got me curious now, BR16ADE, I want to hear it but so far no luck looking everywhere, iTunes, Limewire, Google searches. Please let me know if you have a source.
The MP3 used to be up on the Strummer News MB. I have it, but I don't know how to upload it. I guess I could send it to you.

ulysses
Corner Soul

Post by ulysses »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote: The MP3 used to be up on the Strummer News MB. I have it, but I don't know how to upload it. I guess I could send it to you.
That would be great if you don't mind.

ulysses1904@hotmail.com

muchas gracias

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

ulysses wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote: The MP3 used to be up on the Strummer News MB. I have it, but I don't know how to upload it. I guess I could send it to you.
That would be great if you don't mind.

ulysses1904@hotmail.com

muchas gracias
No prob, sending it to you now...