The Clash observations thread.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 2:17pm
The even more likelier explanation is that it's yet another example of shoddy Clash quality control abusing the fans. Fucking Mick.
mick goes around under cover of darkness and swaps out new 2013 discs for old, used 99 remasters. which is insane, because he's giving up on royalties he'd collect from the new albums, but you have to respect the commitment to fucking over the fanbase. his best betrayal since recording all the music in the first place.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 2:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The even more likelier explanation is that it's yet another example of shoddy Clash quality control abusing the fans. Fucking Mick.
mick goes around under cover of darkness and swaps out new 2013 discs for old, used 99 remasters. which is insane, because he's giving up on royalties he'd collect from the new albums, but you have to respect the commitment to fucking over the fanbase. his best betrayal since recording all the music in the first place.
To the DCT Theory thread!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 2:37pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ok, but I have to stop at the ATM Machine first. Hope I remember my PIN Number.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 2:08pm
WestwayKid wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 1:55pm
I (sadly) rarely make it into record shops...but I was in one the other day and as I was browsing I noticed that while they had every Clash CD...they were all the 1999 remasters. Were the 2013 remasters ever released as single discs in the US? I picked them all up as part of the Sound System box - which I bought on Amazon. Just thought it was interesting that they were selling the 1999 discs instead of the 2013 discs.
Most likely explanation is they've just never sold through stock of the '99 issues.
Probably. The store I was in is one of the only indie record stores in Milwaukee County. They operate a handful of stores (maybe 3). The particular store I was in is in a suburb of Milwaukee. I really had a blast browsing the racks - something I have not done in ages. I ended up picking up the new remaster of Badfinger's "Wish You Were Here" which I had thought about ordering online for months. Felt good to buy it from an actual store.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 3:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heh.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
*grumble* Smart-ass punk. I hope your hot water heater breaks.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 3:42pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
*grumble* Smart-ass punk. I hope your hot water heater breaks.
That was a quick comeback. I know because I was looking at the LCD display on my watch.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I (sadly) rarely make it into record shops...but I was in one the other day and as I was browsing I noticed that while they had every Clash CD...they were all the 1999 remasters. Were the 2013 remasters ever released as single discs in the US? I picked them all up as part of the Sound System box - which I bought on Amazon. Just thought it was interesting that they were selling the 1999 discs instead of the 2013 discs.
Most likely explanation is they've just never sold through stock of the '99 issues.
Those '99 discs are crap!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 4:39pm
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Agreed...though at the time I first purchased them...I thought the packaging looked pretty slick!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 1:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Agreed...though at the time I first purchased them...I thought the packaging looked pretty slick!
Packaging is fine. The remaster is awful.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
#DistortedBell

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 1:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
#DistortedBell
That bell is the least of the problems with those discs.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 3:07am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
#DistortedBell
Who remastered the '99 discs & what is wrong with them please?
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

deny wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 12:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 3:07am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:

#DistortedBell
Who remastered the '99 discs & what is wrong with them please?
I think Bill Price remastered the '99 editions. Brickwalled so they are too loud and have too much bass. The job that Tim Turan did on the SS box is fantastic.

I think that Vic Anesini did the mastering on the original COB box (the long box) and that sounds way better to my ears than the loud/harsh later reissue.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 4:58pm
I think that Vic Anesini did the mastering on the original COB box (the long box) and that sounds way better to my ears than the loud/harsh later reissue.
Yep. That Anesini release is great (Not a patch on a Marky Dread master, but about as good as the stuff has been presented in an official capacity, probably).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!