The Clash observations thread.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8618
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

The Clash observations thread.

Post by Inder » 07 Mar 2010, 6:31pm

Is there already one? I can't find it.

Anyways, an observation: that bit in the Radio Clash vid where Joe says "yeah!" and the TV control guy is all like snapping his fingers — that's awesome.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8453
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Kory » 08 Mar 2010, 1:07am

Inder wrote:Is there already one? I can't find it.

Anyways, an observation: that bit in the Radio Clash vid where Joe says "yeah!" and the TV control guy is all like snapping his fingers — that's awesome.
My favorite part of that video is after one of the instrumental bits when it shows Paul, Mick and Joe individually in slow motion and you can tell that they were going off. Gives me chills.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20356
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by matedog » 08 Mar 2010, 2:18am

Kory wrote:
Inder wrote:Is there already one? I can't find it.

Anyways, an observation: that bit in the Radio Clash vid where Joe says "yeah!" and the TV control guy is all like snapping his fingers — that's awesome.
My favorite part of that video is after one of the instrumental bits when it shows Paul, Mick and Joe individually in slow motion and you can tell that they were going off. Gives me chills.
It'd be nice if that movie was ever completed.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8453
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Kory » 08 Mar 2010, 4:05am

matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
Inder wrote:Is there already one? I can't find it.

Anyways, an observation: that bit in the Radio Clash vid where Joe says "yeah!" and the TV control guy is all like snapping his fingers — that's awesome.
My favorite part of that video is after one of the instrumental bits when it shows Paul, Mick and Joe individually in slow motion and you can tell that they were going off. Gives me chills.
It'd be nice if that movie was ever completed.
T minus 10 years or whatever, right? I think that was the estimate...
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20356
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by matedog » 08 Mar 2010, 11:38am

On any newly acquired boot, the songs I am going to listen to first are almost always: Capital Radio, WMHP, Somebody Got Murdered, English Civil War, and Complete Control.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 7731
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by BostonBeaneater » 08 Mar 2010, 12:16pm

Observation: Clash fans are crazy. Why else would there be a site like this?
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74800
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Mar 2010, 12:22pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:Observation: Clash fans are crazy. Why else would there be a site like this?
Musing about Inder's real purpose in maintaining this site is a moebius strip of psychological trauma.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50040
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Wolter » 09 Mar 2010, 11:00am

I remembered this morning that I put together a playlist on my iPhone of all the officially released Clash studio songs through the "Bankrobber" a-side, in order by release date.

An Observation: The Clash are fucking awesome.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23199
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by eumaas » 09 Mar 2010, 11:18am

Wolter wrote:I remembered this morning that I put together a playlist on my iPhone of all the officially released Clash studio songs through the "Bankrobber" a-side, in order by release date.

An Observation: The Clash are fucking awesome.
Pretty good stopping point.
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50040
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Wolter » 09 Mar 2010, 11:20am

eumaas wrote:
Wolter wrote:I remembered this morning that I put together a playlist on my iPhone of all the officially released Clash studio songs through the "Bankrobber" a-side, in order by release date.

An Observation: The Clash are fucking awesome.
Pretty good stopping point.
Yeah, even the weakest tracks are still pretty damn joyous through then.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Heston » 09 Mar 2010, 11:52am

eumaas wrote:Pretty good stopping point.


Yeah, if you're too pussy to confront the might of "experimental Clash."
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20356
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by matedog » 09 Mar 2010, 11:54am

Heston wrote:
eumaas wrote:Pretty good stopping point.


Yeah, if you're too pussy to confront the might of "experimental Clash."
Yeah man, First Night Back in London is a hefty pay off.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50040
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Wolter » 09 Mar 2010, 11:55am

matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
eumaas wrote:Pretty good stopping point.


Yeah, if you're too pussy to confront the might of "experimental Clash."
Yeah man, First Night Back in London is a hefty pay off.
I'm so glad IMCT now has two mascots.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25789
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Flex » 09 Mar 2010, 12:00pm

Heston wrote:
eumaas wrote:Pretty good stopping point.


Yeah, if you're too pussy to confront the might of "experimental Clash."
This is like saying that you decided to stop sleeping with the women in your town right before you started on the ones with STDs. Do we really need to "confront" herpes? Really?
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23199
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by eumaas » 09 Mar 2010, 12:01pm

Flex wrote:Do we really need to "confront" herpes? Really?
Image
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests