Christopher Namechecked in MOJO

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Christopher Namechecked in MOJO

Post by tepista »

The only biopic I'm interested in is CLASH: The Sandy Pearlman Year(s).
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Kory Pox wrote:The article itself (just a sidebar, really) is about whether or not there are demos available of any of the CTC stuff w/Pete and w/out synths and so forth. The verdict: Maybe.
Thanks Mojo.
I'm no publisher, but isn't it inexcusable for paid researchers/writers to miss things like that, especially when print media's struggling on all fronts against the internet?

The only print music magazine I bother reading anymore is the Big Takeover and they disavow all knowledge of the post-1977 Clash, never mind the post-1983 version.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

mike on ice
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by mike on ice »

Bernie:

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

This is purely my fantasy, but one thing I plan to suggest to the producers is that they try to get the boys to re-record the songs as they were originally written. My super-unicorn rainbow pixie-dust fantasy has Paul joining them. Then maybe a stab at some of the covers- Cadillac, Arma, Theives, etc. But again, this is very far away from happening now- I haven't heard from anyone for a few months about this. I'm actually kind of shocked VInce spoke to Mojo about it. But you're going to have something for a soundtrack, right? Cheaper to re-record than pay for drops. And there's no way any Sony material could ever be used, nor any Nineden stuff.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Christopher wrote:This is purely my fantasy, but one thing I plan to suggest to the producers is that they try to get the boys to re-record the songs as they were originally written. My super-unicorn rainbow pixie-dust fantasy has Paul joining them. Then maybe a stab at some of the covers- Cadillac, Arma, Theives, etc. But again, this is very far away from happening now- I haven't heard from anyone for a few months about this. I'm actually kind of shocked VInce spoke to Mojo about it. But you're going to have something for a soundtrack, right? Cheaper to re-record than pay for drops. And there's no way any Sony material could ever be used, nor any Nineden stuff.
I gotta say, if Paul somehow agreed to do it that would be pretty damned cool. I imagine in that case Joe vocal overdubs wouldn't be used since it would become a) a licensing issue and b) ghoulish. Just hearin' that lineup lay down some release-quality intrumentals of the mk. II songs would be pretty sweet.

Then we could mash them up with Jay-Z vocal tracks :shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Kory Pox wrote:The article itself (just a sidebar, really) is about whether or not there are demos available of any of the CTC stuff w/Pete and w/out synths and so forth. The verdict: Maybe.
Thanks Mojo.
It's good to at least see a major magazine bringing up the possibility of Clash II demos, even if they do come to pointless conclusions.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Flex wrote:
Christopher wrote:This is purely my fantasy, but one thing I plan to suggest to the producers is that they try to get the boys to re-record the songs as they were originally written. My super-unicorn rainbow pixie-dust fantasy has Paul joining them. Then maybe a stab at some of the covers- Cadillac, Arma, Theives, etc. But again, this is very far away from happening now- I haven't heard from anyone for a few months about this. I'm actually kind of shocked VInce spoke to Mojo about it. But you're going to have something for a soundtrack, right? Cheaper to re-record than pay for drops. And there's no way any Sony material could ever be used, nor any Nineden stuff.
I gotta say, if Paul somehow agreed to do it that would be pretty damned cool. I imagine in that case Joe vocal overdubs wouldn't be used since it would become a) a licensing issue and b) ghoulish. Just hearin' that lineup lay down some release-quality intrumentals of the mk. II songs would be pretty sweet.

Vince's unhealthy obsessiveness with that awful time in his life aside, it would take a heaping load of money to get those guys together. Maybe Nick can be coaxed because he relatively-speaking took that era most in stride, but if Pete was so traumatized as to fuck-off any sort of drumming career for two decades worth of his peak years I can't see any offer swaying him to re-tie his name to that band. And Paul has no royalty stake in Mk. II anyway...Bernie got it all in their post-breakup contract renegotiation for a bigger stake of the first 5 albums (which Trish negotiated and got Paul a more equitable stake). He's got little financial motivation to do it, and he's so indifferent as-is he'd be doubly vacant about lifting a finger for Clash II as much as he insists that band was the right thing to do.

And all that's trivial compared to locking horns with Sony, Bernie, or the Joe/Clash keepers over any rights issues. Two of those parties want to bury that band's existence, and one is still hoarding material in his anus after 20 years for some TBD use to bring 'The Quest' to all the squares living in the 24th century.

If anything happens soundtrack-wise, I think it's gotta be an ad-hoc band of Vince and other musicians with only the unreleased songs fair game (if those even pass legal muster). There's just too many business interests willing to ignore and/or put up a fight against use of any of that material

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Flex wrote:

Vince's unhealthy obsessiveness with that awful time in his life aside, it would take a heaping load of money to get those guys together. Maybe Nick can be coaxed because he relatively-speaking took that era most in stride, but if Pete was so traumatized as to fuck-off any sort of drumming career for two decades worth of his peak years I can't see any offer swaying him to re-tie his name to that band. And Paul has no royalty stake in Mk. II anyway...Bernie got it all in their post-breakup contract renegotiation for a bigger stake of the first 5 albums (which Trish negotiated and got Paul a more equitable stake). He's got little financial motivation to do it, and he's so indifferent as-is he'd be doubly vacant about lifting a finger for Clash II as much as he insists that band was the right thing to do.

And all that's trivial compared to locking horns with Sony, Bernie, or the Joe/Clash keepers over any rights issues. Two of those parties want to bury that band's existence, and one is still hoarding material in his anus after 20 years for some TBD use to bring 'The Quest' to all the squares living in the 24th century.

If anything happens soundtrack-wise, I think it's gotta be an ad-hoc band of Vince and other musicians with only the unreleased songs fair game (if those even pass legal muster). There's just too many business interests willing to ignore and/or put up a fight against use of any of that material
Don't worry yourself over it, Rat. Just relax and wait and see what happens. All of these issues have already been discussed.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Christopher wrote:
Don't worry yourself over it, Rat. Just relax and wait and see what happens. All of these issues have already been discussed.
I thought you were on doctor's orders to stay away from this stuff!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Christopher wrote:
I thought you were on doctor's orders to stay away from this stuff!
'
I think "Clash by Night" stuff is still considered healthy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!