Mick solo Palladium NY 281091 RESTORED

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Mick solo Palladium NY 281091 RESTORED

Post by bazarboy75 »

i also put that here because i'm not sure everybody go to the just play music aprt of the forum so
A quick restoration of this short aoustic solo gig of Mick from 1991
I have absolutely no information, or photo, to offer for this mini set of Mick's acoustic solo. Unfortunately...
if you got some, please share
Last edited by bazarboy75 on 12 Mar 2024, 10:57am, edited 1 time in total.

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Mick solo Palladium NY 281091 RESTORED

Post by yetaca »

This is cool and has me wondering what the backstory is

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Nice one Seb.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Romolo
Corner Soul

Post by Romolo »

Great find mate. So, what's the story behind? (It seems to me that in october 91, the Farm was the opening act for the BAD II tour). And I've found this :https://www.jaehakim.com/1991/10/big-au ... rformance/. The guy talks about an intermission (eventually "forgotten") during the show. Don't know, maybe this accoustic moment is a kind of intermission .
Ok ok, it's a bit far-fetched...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Romolo wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 4:06am
Great find mate. So, what's the story behind? (It seems to me that in october 91, the Farm was the opening act for the BAD II tour). And I've found this :https://www.jaehakim.com/1991/10/big-au ... rformance/. The guy talks about an intermission (eventually "forgotten") during the show. Don't know, maybe this accoustic moment is a kind of intermission .
I bet TeddyB knows the back story.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Romolo wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 4:06am
Intermissions for BADII shows were a DJ set from Zonka. It'd be a long one too, like 15 or so minutes, at least from the tape from that Chicago show that I have. I semi-remember at one point looking up what the acoustic performance was all about and I seem to remember finding it was part of some music festival held at the Palladium that day. I wish I could find where I saw that again.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

It was a gig put on by a radio station at the Palladium. One of those multi-artist things. Can’t recall who else played or which station it was at the moment.

Is the date correct? I would have thought it would have been in late September during the band’s run at the Sound Factory. Joe and the Pogues were playing at the Beacon. The way I remember it was that Mick went over to the Palladium before their Sound Factory set to do this solo bit and Joe came over to the Sound Factory after the Pogues show. Maybe I’m conflating things, and it wasn’t necessarily the same night, though I’m reasonably sure I was around when it happened but didn’t go over to the Palladium.

I see setlist FM shows the date as October 25. The tour ended by October 20, a date which was cancelled after our car crash on the 19th, after the show where Mick filled in on guitar at Long Beach Auditorium for the Farm, when their guitarist Keith got bottled at a bar in San Francisco a couple of nights before and couldn’t play. For those who don’t know, we (me, Mick, Gary, Nick and a friend named Colin) were rear-ended on the 405 by a drunk driver on the way back to Hollywood and our car was totaled.
Last edited by TeddyB Not Logged In on 12 Mar 2024, 6:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 6:29pm
It was a gig put on by a radio station at the Palladium. One of those multi-artist things. Can’t recall who else played or which station it was at the moment.

Is the date correct? I would have thought it would have been in late September during the band’s run at the Sound Factory. Joe and the Pogues were playing at the Beacon. The way I remember it was that Mick went over to the Palladium before their Sound Factory show to do this solo bit and Joe came over to the Sound Factory after the Pogues show. Maybe I’m conflating things, and it wasn’t necessarily the same night, though I’m reasonably sure I was around when it happened but didn’t go over to the Palladium.

I see setlist FM shows the date as October 25. The tour ended by October 20, a date which was cancelled after our car crash on the 19th, after the show where Mick filled in on guitar at Long Beach Auditorium for the Farm, when their guitarist Keith got bottled at a bar in San Francisco a couple of nights before and couldn’t play.
I remember Mick mentioning in the boot for the Sound Factory show that he went and watched the Pogues and that they were at the show, just before the band did V13 I believe. And also, that's a very eventful end for a tour!

Romolo
Corner Soul

Post by Romolo »

Thanx Teddy for your input. Always appreciated.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Found a pic from Mick's acoustic show, from the BAD Facebook group.
408864237_7432788550087726_6559970752767578595_n.jpg

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

River wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 7:55pm

Hello,

Hippy Mick? Say it ain't so!

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

River wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 7:55pm

Oh yeah remember seen that pic !
Cool

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 6:29pm

Is the date correct? I would have thought it would have been in late September during the band’s run at the Sound Factory. Joe and the Pogues were playing at the Beacon. The way I remember it was that Mick went over to the Palladium before their Sound Factory set to do this solo bit and Joe came over to the Sound Factory after the Pogues show. Maybe I’m conflating things, and it wasn’t necessarily the same night, though I’m reasonably sure I was around when it happened but didn’t go over to the Palladium.

I see setlist FM shows the date as October 25. The tour ended by October 20, a date which was cancelled after our car crash on the 19th, after the show where Mick filled in on guitar at Long Beach Auditorium for the Farm, when their guitarist Keith got bottled at a bar in San Francisco a couple of nights before and couldn’t play. For those who don’t know, we (me, Mick, Gary, Nick and a friend named Colin) were rear-ended on the 405 by a drunk driver on the way back to Hollywood and our car was totaled.
Thx Teddy
I bet if there was a FM broadcast we probably put ours hands on it for years
Can t be sure about the exact date it can be all wrong

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Thanks for this one Seb

Converted, Tagged and uploaded to MP3 Itunes.
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin