The Marky Dread Live Remasters Archive

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Marky Dread Live Remasters Archive

Post by Marky Dread »

JoePublic79 wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 1:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Oct 2023, 3:26am
JoePublic79 wrote:
13 Oct 2023, 6:41pm
First post here. Just wanted to say thanks to Marky and everyone else for all the hard work done about THE only band that matters. I especially enjoy the artwork on the remasters. I hate getting a bootleg with pics of the wrong gig or era of the Clash. Thanks again Mr. Dread. I really appreciate it.
Cheers JoePublic79 hope you enjoy them. Though I've never been a fan of that "The only band that matters" tagline. Many bands matter to me just as much as The Clash. I agree regards getting artwork from the correct year at the very least.

I actually agree with you Marky about "The only band that matters ". I just like saying it lol. The Specials, Gang of Four, Lee Scratch Perry and Bob Dylan 63-67 also matter to me very much.
That's it exactly I mean I could name a hundred bands that matter. It was just a daft thing made up for press and advertising really. The Clash themselves never said it. They are big music fans and obviously wear their influences on their sleeves.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JoePublic79
Corner Soul

Post by JoePublic79 »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 2:12pm
JoePublic79 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JoePublic79 wrote:
First post here. Just wanted to say thanks to Marky and everyone else for all the hard work done about THE only band that matters. I especially enjoy the artwork on the remasters. I hate getting a bootleg with pics of the wrong gig or era of the Clash. Thanks again Mr. Dread. I really appreciate it.
Cheers JoePublic79 hope you enjoy them. Though I've never been a fan of that "The only band that matters" tagline. Many bands matter to me just as much as The Clash. I agree regards getting artwork from the correct year at the very least.

I actually agree with you Marky about "The only band that matters ". I just like saying it lol. The Specials, Gang of Four, Lee Scratch Perry and Bob Dylan 63-67 also matter to me very much.
That's it exactly I mean I could name a hundred bands that matter. It was just a daft thing made up for press and advertising really. The Clash themselves never said it. They are big music fans and obviously wear their influences on their sleeves.

So we could say, The Clash are 'one' of the only bands that matter lol.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JoePublic79 wrote:
17 Oct 2023, 12:26am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 2:12pm
JoePublic79 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JoePublic79 wrote:

So we could say, The Clash are 'one' of the only bands that matter lol.
Just another band that mattered. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I think having Marky's remasters all in one place is fabulous. Marky's efforts are true labours of love (not the UB40 albums) and the dedication it takes to do these remasters shows just how much he loves the music too. To me, that is what its all about. The music. I celebrate anything that elevates the quality of the music that was made by a band we love many years ago and brings it to the people. Cheers.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

weller259 wrote:
17 Oct 2023, 10:12pm
I think having Marky's remasters all in one place is fabulous. Marky's efforts are true labours of love (not the UB40 albums) and the dedication it takes to do these remasters shows just how much he loves the music too. To me, that is what its all about. The music. I celebrate anything that elevates the quality of the music that was made by a band we love many years ago and brings it to the people. Cheers.
Thanks mate appreciated.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gobshyte
Corner Soul

Post by gobshyte »

Haven’t been on the forum for a long time and so glad I popped in this evening to visit.Thanks to all of you for your work on this and muchas gracias to my old blog mate Marky Dread.Just need to get a new laptop to get downloading and see if I can get the p/w.Cheers
Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gobshyte wrote:
28 Oct 2023, 4:32pm
Haven’t been on the forum for a long time and so glad I popped in this evening to visit.Thanks to all of you for your work on this and muchas gracias to my old blog mate Marky Dread.Just need to get a new laptop to get downloading and see if I can get the p/w.Cheers
Just ask XRCF for the password. Good luck with the laptop mate. Hope you are well me old mucker. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

pata63
Corner Soul

Post by pata63 »

Thanks to those involved in making these remasters available and to Marky for his time, effort and skills.
The few I've heard before have been greatly improved versions of what I had on tape from my early to mid 80's tape trading days.

P.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

pata63 wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 5:10pm
Thanks to those involved in making these remasters available and to Marky for his time, effort and skills.
The few I've heard before have been greatly improved versions of what I had on tape from my early to mid 80's tape trading days.

P.
Cheers P.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

AS8502
Corner Soul

Post by AS8502 »

Marky Dread - thanks for your work in improving these shows, much appreciated.

Thanks also to XRCF and anyone else involved in making the shows available.

Headphones at the ready...!

Cheers, AS8502.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

AS8502 wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 1:51pm
Marky Dread - thanks for your work in improving these shows, much appreciated.

Thanks also to XRCF and anyone else involved in making the shows available.

Headphones at the ready...!

Cheers, AS8502.
Enjoy mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

LoaTD
Corner Soul

Post by LoaTD »

The job done is fabulous.

Back in the days (the 90's and the 00's), I used to cleaned, edited, remastered and cut into tracks some tapes. It's really a hard job as it needs many retries and I spend an amazing amount of nights doing this. So, Marky's efforts of remastering so much recordings is incredible, really incredible. But I also wish to thank Santa' little helpers :
XRCF - For the hosting.
Charlie Don't Surf - For all the tagging and reuploading.

Thank you all. I really appreciate what you've done.

Cheers.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

LoaTD wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 4:55am
The job done is fabulous.

Back in the days (the 90's and the 00's), I used to cleaned, edited, remastered and cut into tracks some tapes. It's really a hard job as it needs many retries and I spend an amazing amount of nights doing this. So, Marky's efforts of remastering so much recordings is incredible, really incredible. But I also wish to thank Santa' little helpers :
XRCF - For the hosting.
Charlie Don't Surf - For all the tagging and reuploading.

Thank you all. I really appreciate what you've done.

Cheers.
Enjoy mate. Cheers!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

plexi
Corner Soul

Post by plexi »

Marky, XRCD, Charlie Don't Surf... Great job! I'm about to start adding to my collection because I already see that I have a few things missing. Thanks a lot friends!
""REBEL'S WITH A BEAT !!""
http://www.iplexi.com

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

plexi wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 2:11pm
Marky, XRCD, Charlie Don't Surf... Great job! I'm about to start adding to my collection because I already see that I have a few things missing. Thanks a lot friends!
👍😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia