Patriots Of The Wasteland box set.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Patriots Of The Wasteland box set.

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 1:33am
Sorry for the multiple posts but I have to say the Out of Control “This Is England” is my new favorite version of the song so far.
Cheers Wolt glad you are enjoying it. That "TIE" version came out pretty decent. There are a few changes to the construction of certain tracks. "TIE" has the guitar intro now and the football chants replaced and the girl selling tea towels placed at the end of the track.
"Out of Control" has the verse about leather underpants replaced. The end of "Life Is Wild" has been tidied up.

All the tracks on "Out of Control" have been speed adjusted as Bernie clearly sped up the masters.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 7:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 3:10pm
motorsmell wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 2:11pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 1:52pm
motorsmell wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 1:47pm
Top notch as ever! The boozer where the york radio interview was recorded is called the York Arms, its a Sam Smiths pub and 20 ofldd years ago me and my punk rock mates took over the lounge on a regular basis...I was later to discover that the York Punks of the 80s did the same and that the Clash had spent an afternoon in there after police disbanding the busking on the minster steps. Strummer did the interview up stairs in the landlords flat I think, while the others drank and played some tunes in the snug at the front.

Strange how we were all attracted to that pub at different times.
Good info mate. I'm sure I've got some pics from that interview.
Would love to see them, ive seen a few shots from the busking in Kings square and on the way to the minster but never any in side the York arms
There are four maybe five photos knocking around from the interview above the pub I think. That interview is actually 90 mins long. Can't find them at the moment but if I do I'll post them up.
Yeah i heard the interview is much longer than what was broadcast, the interviewer stated on BMC the tapes were in a garage somewhere...that was a long time ago...id love to hear the full thing, ive got the cd boot of the busking in York and broadcast interview...i wonder how many gems remain unearthed because people cant be arsed to dig them out...
Same here would be great to hear it all. Maybe the guy couldn't find it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 7:21pm
Splendid work, which goes far beyond the previous "Everywhere is a target zone" and "Land of 1000 stances".
The first album, "Out of Control", is very interesting, where you managed to earn a couple of stars for the old and maligned CTC.
Audio, I dare say, almost purified from all that embarrassing sound mess that someone had the terrible idea of creating...
The mixes are also beautiful, especially that of "Are you ready". Improved quality both on the "Lucky Eight Demos" and in the songs taken from the Paris concert. Regarding the latter, I hope you will consider re-releasing the entire Parisian concert with the same sound quality as your latest "Showdown in Paris".
I thought you were going to include a disc with the three EPs (Chicago Shakedown, R-B Showdown and Hitsville USA). It's true that I think we have almost all of them but it would have been nice to find them again with a sound revised by you and a new and more elegant graphic design.
Tomorrow I'll listen to everything again more calmly, especially the unplugged EP and your CTC.
For now, thank you so much for your commitment to all of us.
The three 7" EPs that make up the "Give 'Em Enough Dope" bootleg include tracks from the Mick Jones era. The idea for this box set was to use and showcase the new material. Thanks for the kind words and glad you like it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 3:45am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 3:42am
Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 3:33am
Thanks as always Marky, just finished downloading.
I'm sure your work will make CTC more bearable. :mrgreen:

Is it me being thick? but I can't see the link for the Lucky Eight Extras.
Cheers Mate
It's included in the "Howling From Your Radio" file.
Thanks Marky
That will teach me to post before looking.. ;)
No problem. 😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 8:12pm
It really is amazing the way you deconstructed Dictator, it's actually listenable now, same with all of the first disc, incredible!

This will replace all previous versions except Gerald's Mohawk Revenge. They will sit side by side
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Well Marky, you have done it again. Your audio skills seem to evolve and improve with each project. There are some real creative placement of instruments all across this project. Detail in songs like Fingerpoppin' I've never heard before and a balanced mix to boot.

This Is England is a standout moment as with the original album and the reconstruction of the song makes a lot of sense.

Guilty pleasure so far on this version is the sequencing and mix of Sex Mad Roar and Dirty Punk...No I'm not drunk (yet). The bass sounds great on SMR.

Lastly, Graffiti Bandit Pioneers. Less is more and this is the proof.

Thank you for the creativity and hard work involved. I look forward to enjoying the rest of the boxset, cheers!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 7:32am
Well Marky, you have done it again. Your audio skills seem to evolve and improve with each project. There are some real creative placement of instruments all across this project. Detail in songs like Fingerpoppin' I've never heard before and a balanced mix to boot.

This Is England is a standout moment as with the original album and the reconstruction of the song makes a lot of sense.

Guilty pleasure so far on this version is the sequencing and mix of Sex Mad Roar and Dirty Punk...No I'm not drunk (yet). The bass sounds great on SMR.

Lastly, Graffiti Bandit Pioneers. Less is more and this is the proof.

Thank you for the creativity and hard work involved. I look forward to enjoying the rest of the boxset, cheers!
Thanks Telecaster and I agree with all your points. The placement of certain tracks can at least improve the flow of the listening experience.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 4:02am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Splendid work, which goes far beyond the previous "Everywhere is a target zone" and "Land of 1000 stances".
The first album, "Out of Control", is very interesting, where you managed to earn a couple of stars for the old and maligned CTC.
Audio, I dare say, almost purified from all that embarrassing sound mess that someone had the terrible idea of creating...
The mixes are also beautiful, especially that of "Are you ready". Improved quality both on the "Lucky Eight Demos" and in the songs taken from the Paris concert. Regarding the latter, I hope you will consider re-releasing the entire Parisian concert with the same sound quality as your latest "Showdown in Paris".
I thought you were going to include a disc with the three EPs (Chicago Shakedown, R-B Showdown and Hitsville USA). It's true that I think we have almost all of them but it would have been nice to find them again with a sound revised by you and a new and more elegant graphic design.
Tomorrow I'll listen to everything again more calmly, especially the unplugged EP and your CTC.
The three 7" EPs that make up the "Give 'Em Enough Dope" bootleg include tracks from the Mick Jones era. The idea for this box set was to use and showcase the new material. Thanks for the kind words and glad you like it.
Yes, I hadn't read your initial post properly in which you explain the meaning of the work.
I believe you made the best choice precisely to give greater value to this historical period of the group.
In the Paris EP and in the other live tracks we understand the value and strength of Nick, Pete and Vince, while the acoustic EP reminds us of one of the best moments of their entire career.
And finally, North and South is a top ten song!
Unfortunately, due to age issues I have never seen the Clash live with Mick Jones. For this reason, even if they lasted very little, the Clash with Pete, Nick and Vince are "my" Clash, those of my generation.
Since last night I have put almost all of your Patriots of the Wasteland on my phone, I think it will be my soundtrack for a long time to come.
Greetings
Attachments
IMG_7661.png

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 11:01am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 4:02am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Yes, I hadn't read your initial post properly in which you explain the meaning of the work.
I believe you made the best choice precisely to give greater value to this historical period of the group.
In the Paris EP and in the other live tracks we understand the value and strength of Nick, Pete and Vince, while the acoustic EP reminds us of one of the best moments of their entire career.
And finally, North and South is a top ten song!
Unfortunately, due to age issues I have never seen the Clash live with Mick Jones. For this reason, even if they lasted very little, the Clash with Pete, Nick and Vince are "my" Clash, those of my generation.
Since last night I have put almost all of your Patriots of the Wasteland on my phone, I think it will be my soundtrack for a long time to come.
Greetings
Yeah I do appreciate those younger than my generation that didn't get to see the group play and those that only got into the band after their first great run with Mick Jones. Mick to me is irreplaceable and that's not just because he was a great musician but because you can't replicate the spirit of an individual and that combination of those working together. However you can go on to make decent music which in this case was sabotaged my a manager with a huge ego.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

The beginning of This Is England on the Out Of Control album is irritating, some rhythmical issue. Am I the only one? From 00:32 it's suddenly perfect again...
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

geraldmanns wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 1:11pm
The beginning of This Is England on the Out Of Control album is irritating, some rhythmical issue. Am I the only one? From 00:32 it's suddenly perfect again...
yeah i'd like to 2nd this, as a drummer listing to that opening killed me inside. Its a few beats off
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

geraldmanns wrote:
Are you that's the correct time it changes Gerald?

The whole track was slowed down by 2.5% as I feel it runs too fast.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 16 Sep 2023, 1:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Thanks marky! I'm on the road for a few days but downloaded so I don't forget before time expires. I'm salivating at this set. It feels like it could do what the Bob Dylan 80s bootleg set did which is... not exactly bring the era into the pantheon of greatness, but demonstrate their was real creativity and diamonds to be found.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 1:35pm
geraldmanns wrote:
Just gave it another listen myself and yeah it just fixes itself at 32 secs
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

XRCF wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 1:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 1:35pm
geraldmanns wrote:
Just gave it another listen myself and yeah it just fixes itself at 32 secs
That's interesting as that timing runs way past the changes I made to the intro. I've just matched up the original and my mix and they are in sync.

The version on "Out of Control" was slowed down by 2.5% as I think the track runs too fast as I believe the whole album does. So it's most likely a case of what you are used to hearing.

Anyway here's the track put back to it's initial speed.

https://mega.nz/file/HiYH0KoD#ilFDWnHDm ... mj0ns3DfXE

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia