Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Re: Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Post by AudioAmmunition »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 4:07am

I'm working on a GEER set at the moment.
Excellent news Marky, looking forward to that one, shame a better version of those GEER demos has never materialized. Did you not mention you had been working on a remix of the first album back in April? Did that come to nothing?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 5:29am
Marky Dread wrote:

Excellent news Marky, looking forward to that one, shame a better version of those GEER demos has never materialized. Did you not mention you had been working on a remix of the first album back in April? Did that come to nothing?
Nothing ever comes to nothing. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:
25 Jun 2023, 10:30pm
For better or worse, I've got a much longer commute to work these days and, as a result, I've had a lot of time to dig into this. Marky, thanks again for all the time and effort to put this together. I really like the way you organize your deluxe editions. Each 'disc' stands on its own but, taken as a whole, they make for a 4D experience. I love the Mono Mix and keep coming back to it. The guitar in Car Jamming is killer and Topper shines throughout. I'm sure it's been said but The Clash just couldn't make this album without him. He plays so many styles just on this record alone. I'm also digging the Mogador tracks a bunch, too. The Magnificent Seven from this disc is wild. They sound like they are holding on for dear life. Totally great.
Excellent mate thank you. Yep Topper's versatility shines through such a shame he couldn't hold it together. A huge loss to the band. I like that mono mix also the guitars are more forward and some of the synths are removed giving it a more live feel. Glad this is making your journey more fun.

Looking forward to hearing that! Did you remix the stereo version of Combat Rock as well? It must be more subtle if so. As much as I like to complain about the missed opportunities with the official releases, these compilations help me realize how much is out there in circulation already. I've been sampling a lot of live stuff from across the eras, too. Bless the tapers - they documented the band pretty well.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

danbot wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 11:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:
For better or worse, I've got a much longer commute to work these days and, as a result, I've had a lot of time to dig into this. Marky, thanks again for all the time and effort to put this together. I really like the way you organize your deluxe editions. Each 'disc' stands on its own but, taken as a whole, they make for a 4D experience. I love the Mono Mix and keep coming back to it. The guitar in Car Jamming is killer and Topper shines throughout. I'm sure it's been said but The Clash just couldn't make this album without him. He plays so many styles just on this record alone. I'm also digging the Mogador tracks a bunch, too. The Magnificent Seven from this disc is wild. They sound like they are holding on for dear life. Totally great.
Excellent mate thank you. Yep Topper's versatility shines through such a shame he couldn't hold it together. A huge loss to the band. I like that mono mix also the guitars are more forward and some of the synths are removed giving it a more live feel. Glad this is making your journey more fun.

Looking forward to hearing that! Did you remix the stereo version of Combat Rock as well? It must be more subtle if so. As much as I like to complain about the missed opportunities with the official releases, these compilations help me realize how much is out there in circulation already. I've been sampling a lot of live stuff from across the eras, too. Bless the tapers - they documented the band pretty well.
Everything was remixed. If you compare the stereo mix to the original you can hear clearly that it has a wider stereo distribution and the separation is better.

It's great that we have those tapes just a shame with the recording methods of the day. Mono cassette recorders attached to a stick and so on. But hey that's where I come in.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 4:16am
danbot wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:

Everything was remixed. If you compare the stereo mix to the original you can hear clearly that it has a wider stereo distribution and the separation is better.

It's great that we have those tapes just a shame with the recording methods of the day. Mono cassette recorders attached to a stick and so on. But hey that's where I come in.
And Aren't we all glad you do!!!!! ;)
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 7:42am
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:

😎👍😊

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:

Positively Absolutely!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

danbot wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 9:59am
Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Positively Absolutely!
Nice!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Badger
Corner Soul

Post by Badger »

Hi Marky, just wanted to say thanks for this.
I knew that I'd downloaded it, I finally found it.

The monaural mixes sound good, haven't got to the Mogador yet.
I've been listening to it mainly on shuffle, so not heard everything.
It's nice to hear all the alternate versions you've put together.
Looks good and sounds good.

I haven't listened to this album since Sound System came out, so it's great to hear it again.
My wish list would be an instrumental RAD, GD minus Ginsberg, and I wish that STH had been the ending...

Thanks for all your efforts!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Badger wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 12:00pm
Hi Marky, just wanted to say thanks for this.
I knew that I'd downloaded it, I finally found it.

The monaural mixes sound good, haven't got to the Mogador yet.
I've been listening to it mainly on shuffle, so not heard everything.
It's nice to hear all the alternate versions you've put together.
Looks good and sounds good.

I haven't listened to this album since Sound System came out, so it's great to hear it again.
My wish list would be an instrumental RAD, GD minus Ginsberg, and I wish that STH had been the ending...

Thanks for all your efforts!
Cheers. You found it. Was it down the back of the sofa?🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

20230929_195935.jpg
Just about got this set sorted. Quite a few balls ups, some on my part with burning some duff cds and labeling them like a twat, rat patrol is missing as it needs re doing...however another LTD edition of 4! Sits nicely with S! and LC! Cheers Mr Dread!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Did you get the bonus disc.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2023, 3:02pm
I downloaded the link, but I was struggling to find it...however trying to fuck about with PC is a tough task when my 2 year old is attacking me with his plastic sword!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
29 Sep 2023, 3:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
I downloaded the link, but I was struggling to find it...however trying to fuck about with PC is a tough task when my 2 year old is attacking me with his plastic sword!
🤣 I hope you make it mate. Good luck!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2023, 3:15pm
motorsmell wrote:
29 Sep 2023, 3:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
🤣 I hope you make it mate. Good luck!
Cheers! Did you get yours sorted OK?