Article on Gerald's CTC remix

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Article on Gerald's CTC remix

Post by daredevil »

Great article. I hope more Clash fans find Gerald's amazing work.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Excellent work can't believe I never heard this before. I know what I'll be listening to non-stop for the next few months ;) . That would be cool if this prompted a release of the original master tracks. Maybe just release the stems online?
"Arena Punk". I like that.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thanks for sharing the article and definitely credit that Gerald deserved.

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

Thank you again, guys, for your kind words! The article is really great written (and edited)! I‘m still overwhelmed by the response...
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

geraldmanns wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 12:48pm
Thank you again, guys, for your kind words! The article is really great written (and edited)! I‘m still overwhelmed by the response...
I know of a bunch of small indie labels who do vinyl pressings. I’m not sure whether it would breach copyright (90% sure it probably would) but something like this would sell like hotcakes. There would definitely be interest.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

https://vivelerock.net/

Now on the Vive Le Rock Twitter feed.

No doubt, sad to say, a bootleg vinyl pressing will appear.
Last edited by laxman on 15 Apr 2021, 1:53am, edited 1 time in total.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Fantastic article!

While Gerald's work has us thinking of what ifs about this era, I was wondering if anything could've been done with the vocals from the version of In the Pouring Rain that Joe did for When Pigs Fly. Could the Clash II's arrangement be re-created with those vocals? The WPF version finds Joe singing it at a slightly more meandering pace, but if they could work that'd be fantastic because the live versions of that song are among that line-up's highlights. It'd be a nice "single" to accompany Mohawk Revenge.

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

appleseed1 wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 4:36pm
Fantastic article!

While Gerald's work has us thinking of what ifs about this era, I was wondering if anything could've been done with the vocals from the version of In the Pouring Rain that Joe did for When Pigs Fly. Could the Clash II's arrangement be re-created with those vocals? The WPF version finds Joe singing it at a slightly more meandering pace, but if they could work that'd be fantastic because the live versions of that song are among that line-up's highlights. It'd be a nice "single" to accompany Mohawk Revenge.
Yes, I thought about that too. I‘m still working on Ammunition, Glue Zombie and I think I‘m gonna put Pouring Rain on the To-Do list...
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Very cool!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

geraldmanns wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 12:36am
appleseed1 wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 4:36pm
Fantastic article!

Yes, I thought about that too. I‘m still working on Ammunition, Glue Zombie and I think I‘m gonna put Pouring Rain on the To-Do list...
Wow! That's outstanding. Ammunition was always my favorite of the songs that didn't make the album. You'll do a phenomenal job on all three, and I can't wait to hear them.

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

The story will likely be included in a news blog of one of the bigger german music pages Sometime next week.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Great article, CK. Time to go back and read the MKII entries from CCS.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc