Rude Boy Music Machine Footage Sync'd to Audience Recording

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Rude Boy Music Machine Footage Sync'd to Audience Recording

Post by matedog »

I tried to sync up the audience recording to the Rude Boy Music Machine Footage as I always thought the studio overdubs lacked the live energy of the band.

Youtube has the Rude Boy footage on lock down, so my upload was swiftly rejected. Consequently, I was able to upload for streaming to the Clash on Parole fb group:

If that doesn't work, here is a download link: https://mega.nz/#!ADwkXCLC!XBYtkDE08Nf2 ... zOny27PeIw

A few notes:
1. The overdubs performed by the band, particularly Joe, are impressively accurate. Safe European Home, however sounds way rougher (and better IMO) with the real live audio.
2. The audio became randomly out of sync mid-way through SEH, so you'll hear a couple of jumps in the audio that I used to catch it back up with the footage.
3. Confirmed all footage was from the third of the four shows at the Music Machine on July 26th, 1978. Per BMC, this was still in question.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Rude Boy Music Machine Footage Sync'd to Audience Recording

Post by Heston »

This is really great, cheers for your efforts Andrew. It feels like all that re-recording they did was a waste of time and energy really. It always sounded too sterile to me. The unpolished sound is totally acceptable in the context, I definitely prefer it to what they subsequently did with it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:31pm
This is really great, cheers for your efforts Andrew. It feels like all that re-recording they did was a waste of time and energy really. It always sounded too sterile to me. The unpolished sound is totally acceptable in the context, I definitely prefer it to what they subsequently did with it.
I agree that the re-recorded stuff made them sound too clean. I would like to hear the complete studio takes of course. But the unpolished stuff could've been cleaned up anyway. I remixed the sound on this and gave it to Andrew but I'm not able to upload it for a while as I don't have an internet connection other than my phone.

Nice effort Andrew.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:43pm
Heston wrote:
I agree that the re-recorded stuff made them sound too clean. I would like to hear the complete studio takes of course. But the unpolished stuff could've been cleaned up anyway. I remixed the sound on this and gave it to Andrew but I'm not able to upload it for a while as I don't have an internet connection other than my phone.

Nice effort Andrew.
It sounded really great blasting through the telly earlier, top work mate.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Nice effort Andrew.
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:49pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Nice effort Andrew.
Cheers mate.
Shit, so sorry not to give Marky proper credit for the audio. It was a bit of a shit show getting this together on my end.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 7:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:49pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Nice effort Andrew.
Cheers mate.
Shit, so sorry not to give Marky proper credit for the audio. It was a bit of a shit show getting this together on my end.
It's all good my man. :cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer