Vanilla Tapes Question

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Vanilla Tapes Question

Post by 101Walterton »

We are being short sighted!! Most of us ( me included) would have sold our Grandmothers to hear the Vanilla Tapes when we thought they were still on the circle line not down the back of Micks couch!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
24 May 2019, 9:21am
We are being short sighted!! Most of us ( me included) would have sold our Grandmothers to hear the Vanilla Tapes when we thought they were still on the circle line not down the back of Micks couch!!
Nope I love my grandmother more than The Clash.

But I get your point not that I'm being short sighted as I think the sessions are great and I've always wanted to hear them no matter how they sound. Would I be happier if they had been recorded more professionally? yes of course I would but they are what they are and I find them very likeable and I hope we get to hear all of them one day. I wish a tape like this existed for Sandinista!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2019, 10:09am
101Walterton wrote:

But I get your point not that I'm being short sighted as I think the sessions are great and I've always wanted to hear them no matter how they sound. Would I be happier if they had been recorded more professionally? yes of course I would but they are what they are and I find them very likeable and I hope we get to hear all of them one day. I wish a tape like this existed for Sandinista!
They didn't demo much for S! did they? Most of it was written in the studio, I thought.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

If only.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
24 May 2019, 2:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

They didn't demo much for S! did they? Most of it was written in the studio, I thought.
Yep but surely there must've been mistakes re-takes etc etc.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2019, 2:36pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Yeah. It’s called Junkie Slip...
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
24 May 2019, 3:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

:lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
24 May 2019, 3:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Thank you
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Not me! I would definitely have sold Marky's grandmother to hear the Vanilla Tapes.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
24 May 2019, 4:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Not me! I would definitely have sold Marky's grandmother to hear the Vanilla Tapes.
You're on my grandmothers hit list now!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Marky I was responding to Red Angel’s post above (should have quoted it) about preferring to have a live show with anniversary edition over Vanilla Tapes.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

To clarify, I'm glad they released the Vanilla Tapes and they're an interesting document. Just not something I would listen to often, which is the case with most band's demos. Nice to hear then put away.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

My feelings exactly. Despite of the dodgy sound of most of it, there are still little (and sometimes big) things here and there that attract, and regularly.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
24 May 2019, 5:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Marky I was responding to Red Angel’s post above (should have quoted it) about preferring to have a live show with anniversary edition over Vanilla Tapes.
Sure mate i realised that. I was really just agreeing with you other than selling my poor old gran. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 5:57pm
To clarify, I'm glad they released the Vanilla Tapes and they're an interesting document. Just not something I would listen to often, which is the case with most band's demos. Nice to hear then put away.
Completely agree with you, in a well done edition they had to be a bonus disc: 1. original album 2. a great contemporary live 3. bonus disc (Vanilla Tapes) + DVD. I wanted to criticize the commercial operation that could have been conceived much better, instead of presenting demos as new tracks (a play on words, using working titles).
Music is the only thing that matters