'All The Peacemakers' book

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JohnS
Junco Partner

'All The Peacemakers' book

Post by JohnS » 04 Oct 2018, 8:48pm

Tim Satchwell, who wrote that book 'Combat Ready' about the making of Combat Rock, is working on another all about the Give em Enough Rope album....

http://tims08.wixsite.com/all-the-peace ... eacemakers
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: 'All The Peacemakers' book

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 04 Oct 2018, 10:10pm

The Combat Ready book is enjoyable (I bought a copy), but I would suggest his research be more thorough this time. Despite there being not only several posts (here) about the original four-sided running order of Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg, there was even a photo from Electric Ladyland to confirm it (I think CK posted that), but I don't believe it was included in Tim's book. If I'm mistaken, that's good. I know Tim has reached out to people via EMail and PM and such. I can't really help, but there are those who can.

white man
Long Time Jerk

Post by white man » 05 Oct 2018, 7:10am

Thanks John. Combat Ready was a huge tome but full of great detail. A book you can revisit anytime. I'm Rope Ready already

JohnS
Junco Partner

Post by JohnS » 10 Nov 2018, 2:23pm

Bumping this thread, now that the album has turned 40 years of age.
The book’s publication was supposed to coincide with the album’s anniversary but has been slightly delayed- hopefully will appear later this month...
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Nov 2018, 7:46pm

JohnS wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 2:23pm
Bumping this thread, now that the album has turned 40 years of age.
The book’s publication was supposed to coincide with the album’s anniversary but has been slightly delayed- hopefully will appear later this month...
Hurry up before I turn war officer!
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."