The Baker

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BasingSt78
Corner Soul

The Baker

Post by BasingSt78 »

Hey Gang,
I know this is a bit tardy, but... My Clash reading up until this point had revealed very few details about The Baker. I thought he was called that as he was a bit portly. Also, he supposedly disappeared into the wilds of America, burying his tracks as he went, disavowing the Clash entirely. Now I am beginning "Stealing All..." and wonder. Was I the recipient of a practical joke about The Baker's appearance? His photo outside of Rehearsals is not that of a rotund refugee from a bakery. Its a minor detail, to be sure. If someone has a laugh at my expense, at least let me in on it. This was not the book recommended to add to my collection, it was "Highway ...". However, just to possibly irritate the lot of you, I don't rate LC the monumental classic most do. For my three chord tastes, Rope was the pinnacle. I can hear the shouts of "Blasphemer!" as I write this... Cheers, RJM

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Baker

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Come to think of it, I don't think I know how he got his nickname. Real name is Barry Auguste
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Johnny Green said it was cos he looked like a lump of dough.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/