EET WEEK 2018 IS HERE

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: EET WEEK 2018 IS HERE

Post by Heston »

Heston wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 4:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 3:34pm
Heston wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 7:33pm
What is a "catwalk jungle?"
I've always thought it was about being in a nightclub. Where women parade themselves as if on a fashion catwalk. It's interesting that the next line about a voice so cold matches the weapon in her palm. It suggests women can be just as dangerous as men if not shown the correct respect.
You could be correct though Wolt's explanation about factories ties in to the opening line about human factory farms.
And is it definitely "her palm?" I always thought was "the palm" and a certain Marky Dread did at one point too... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11133&p=470174&hili ... li#p470174
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
I've always thought it was about being in a nightclub. Where women parade themselves as if on a fashion catwalk. It's interesting that the next line about a voice so cold matches the weapon in her palm. It suggests women can be just as dangerous as men if not shown the correct respect.
You could be correct though Wolt's explanation about factories ties in to the opening line about human factory farms.
*ahem*

Can't it be both?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

This Facebook "PLEASE USE FACEBOOK AGAIN" video started autoplaying when I logged in and, well...

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 1.26.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 1.26.48 AM.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 3033 times

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
I agree it does but isn't a nightclub some kind of human factory farm. With everybody parading around like peacocks and representing their tribes as if on some kind of conveyor belt. Regards the "catwalk jungle" I would say that Joe is using both these images as a contrast, the bleak factories that Wolt mentions contrasted with the bright disco lights of the nightclub.

Remember this is Thatcher's 80's Joe is singing about where the yuppies are moving in and everything is false monopoly money. Thatcher has convinced the working class they can be better off than what they are by having an "I'm alright Jack" attitude. She starts selling off (OUR) council houses cheaply which in turn become private homes. But the reality is there's still not enough housing for everyone and with those council properties becoming private there are even less and the local councils can not build new home as cheaply as she is selling off the existing ones. For the people in the real world it's back to the daily grind of factory life and the only release is the weekend and that shitty nightclub on the other side of town.

I wonder whose idea it was to include the sample of the Anfield faithful singing "walk on, walk on". Again football being another release for the working class which by the 80's we were slowly getting priced out of.

Anyway Joe was the master of juxtaposition in his lyrics, just look at Straight to Hell.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 4:29pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
And is it definitely "her palm?" I always thought was "the palm" and a certain Marky Dread did at one point too... ;)

I wish you would stop posting as me it becomes terribly confusing at times.

I listened to that line over and over at the time. I think with Joe's diction it's difficult to decipher but it's most likely "Weapon in a palm". So it could be anyone.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 3:20am
Heston wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 4:29pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I wish you would stop posting as me it becomes terribly confusing at times.
Oops, I meant to link to the first post of that thread. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Inder wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 1:28am
This Facebook "PLEASE USE FACEBOOK AGAIN" video started autoplaying when I logged in and, well...

LOL I'm glad a photo I took when traveling across the world of a shitty album got revived like ten years later.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I listened to Do It Now on the drive in today and god that song sucks. Why is the bass drum the loudest thing in the mix? And random crash cymbal hits have a phaser effect??? As god awful as the drum machine is on the album proper, what they did to Pete's drums on the b-sides managed to make it almost as bad.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

matedog wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 9:39am
Inder wrote:

LOL I'm glad a photo I took when traveling across the world of a shitty album got revived like ten years later.
Community means a lot.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 10:10am
matedog wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 9:39am
Inder wrote:

Community means a lot.
*blows on pie*
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Do you play for Arsenal?

Then Joe records Tony Adams.

We all know Joe is supposedly a Chelsea fan. Was he secretly a Gooner.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:06pm
Do you play for Arsenal?

I hope not. I could never trust someone who changes their football allegiance as an adult. Are you listening Jake Burns? :rolleyes:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 6:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:06pm
Do you play for Arsenal?

I hope not. I could never trust someone who changes their football allegiance as an adult. Are you listening Jake Burns? :rolleyes:
I've two friends I've known over the last 40 years and they have changed their allegiance many fucking times. John changed from Ipswich to Blackburn to Chelsea and Mick from Aston Villa to Man City. They are brothers and if their current teams beat Man Utd they are full of themselves. Of course I always come back with "can you remember who you are supporting this week you tossers!"

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

"The rocking gods will choose if I'm too worthy to live"

Tell me that's not a better line than "and i was gripped by that deadly phantom"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Heston wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 7:48pm
"The rocking gods will choose if I'm too worthy to live"

Tell me that's not a better line than "and i was gripped by that deadly phantom"
The "rock, rock, Clash city rockers!" after that makes me tear up.