New Book

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
cat
Bang Ice Geezer

New Book

Post by cat »

New Book on Amazon

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: New Book

Post by Heston »

Anyone else not seeing the link or is it a problem at my end?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

Book cover and name
Book cover and name
260BB99B-FAC9-4737-9CF3-59D4CB2198B8.jpeg (318.12 KiB) Viewed 7015 times

Heston

Post by Heston »

This was discussed a bit on another thread. I think I'll wait a bit before splashing out. If anyone gets it can they post a review please?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 5:56am
This was discussed a bit on another thread. I think I'll wait a bit before splashing out. If anyone gets it can they post a review please?
Agreed. It looks promising...but I'll wait and see.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

You can get a preview of the Popoff book on Amazon. It doesn't seem to have much info that most of us don't already know and sadly appears to be lacking any of the session info I was hoping for (where the songs were recorded, who played on what song, and so on). I'll probably give this one a pass.

Looks to be very similar to books like Steve Turner's "A Hard Day's Write" or Cliff Jones' "Another Brick in the Wall" - just a bit of context and then a brief musical analysis - without any input from anyone associated with the band.

I was hoping for something more like this:

Oh well.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 7:43am
You can get a preview of the Popoff book on Amazon. It doesn't seem to have much info that most of us don't already know and sadly appears to be lacking any of the session info I was hoping for (where the songs were recorded, who played on what song, and so on). I'll probably give this one a pass.

Looks to be very similar to books like Steve Turner's "A Hard Day's Write" or Cliff Jones' "Another Brick in the Wall" - just a bit of context and then a brief musical analysis - without any input from anyone associated with the band.

Oh well.
Somebody here is going to have to write the book we all want to read.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 2:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 7:43am

Oh well.
Somebody here is going to have to write the book we all want to read.
...just need access to the hard data of what was recorded where and when and by whom! ;) I think we could then fill in the rest.

Heston

Post by Heston »

I've just caved in and ordered this. Will hopefully keep me going until the BIG one. It's Ralph's new book that I'm really looking forward to.

Heston

Post by Heston »

There's a new interview with Bernie about Cut the Crap in this new book, and I think he may have totally lost his marbles. Here's a sample...
But somehow Cut the Crap ended up a really great album, if you put the record on now you'll enjoy it. It doesn't date.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
26 May 2018, 3:34pm
There's a new interview with Bernie about Cut the Crap in this new book, and I think he may have totally lost his marbles. Here's a sample...
But somehow Cut the Crap ended up a really great album, if you put the record on now you'll enjoy it. It doesn't date.
ha!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Bernie's right in a way: time hasn't made it seem appreciably worse than when it was released.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
26 May 2018, 3:34pm
It doesn't date, it doesn't marry, it doesn't even go out with friends. Cut the Crap will die alone, unloved and barely remembered, in a tenement, its confused mess of a body undiscovered for weeks.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Bernie's right in a way: time hasn't made it seem appreciably worse than when it was released.
Especially since the piecemeal assembly that characterized CTC's creation is standard operating procedure nowadays for a lot of stuff -- see The Song Machine for further reference on how that all works.
Got anymore nuggets where that one came from? Since Mark and I did try to engage him.