I have a dream....

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Red Angel
Junco Partner

Re: I have a dream....

Post by Red Angel »

Telecaster wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 4:14pm
I think Paul and Mick wouldn't want Bernie, to profit from any CTC project. I think this might have been the answer, the last time this idea was floated.

It might be interesting to hear what Joe's family would Think of any new product. Also, a lot of Joe's original fan base isn't getting any younger. Has the time passed for a project to make a profit or at least break even?
I hope that after all these years the relationship between Mick, Paul and Bernie will be better, when I talked about profit, I was referring exclusively to the record company, for others it should be a pleasure and a tribute. Is a project already proposed? Well "repetita iuvant" :!:
Music is the only thing that matters

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Telecaster wrote:
I think Paul and Mick wouldn't want Bernie, to profit from any CTC project. I think this might have been the answer, the last time this idea was floated.

It might be interesting to hear what Joe's family would Think of any new product. Also, a lot of Joe's original fan base isn't getting any younger. Has the time passed for a project to make a profit or at least break even?
I think the main issue is that very few people, including Joe’s estate, fans and myself, have no interest in any CTC project.

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

If it was something Marky could get a chance to work on or in support of Ralph's book, I'm sure people would buy it.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 3:40pm
Telecaster wrote:

I think the main issue is that very few people, including Joe’s estate, fans and myself, have no interest in any CTC project.
Exactly. I wouldn't want product simply for the sake of product. I think had Joe lived - maybe this would have been more of a viable product. Bottom line remains that CtC has been disowned by pretty much everyone (except Bernie). I don't believe Mick would touch it as it was not his project and he's always come across as being very sensitive regarding the band's legacy. I really don't even think Joe would have given it much thought.

I get that it is an interesting premise. I've always felt that there were some decent songs "lost" in Bernie's madness. I just don't know how I'd feel about having modern musicians play along with Joe's vocal tracks.

Joe looked forward, he seldom looked back. CtC would have been so far in his rear view by now that it would seem like ancient history (which it is).
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 11:36am
101Walterton wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 3:40pm
Telecaster wrote:

Exactly. I wouldn't want product simply for the sake of product. I think had Joe lived - maybe this would have been more of a viable product. Bottom line remains that CtC has been disowned by pretty much everyone (except Bernie). I don't believe Mick would touch it as it was not his project and he's always come across as being very sensitive regarding the band's legacy. I really don't even think Joe would have given it much thought.

I get that it is an interesting premise. I've always felt that there were some decent songs "lost" in Bernie's madness. I just don't know how I'd feel about having modern musicians play along with Joe's vocal tracks.

Joe looked forward, he seldom looked back. CtC would have been so far in his rear view by now that it would seem like ancient history (which it is).
Apart from his inspiration and catalogue 😉

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

I wish they would at least give us a live album with all the Clash II songs. That would be less work than reconstructing the studio album.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 11:48am
I wish they would at least give us a live album with all the Clash II songs. That would be less work than reconstructing the studio album.
I'd rather have a decent official release of Clash mk I live album.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 1:40pm
I, too, want an official release with Terry and Keith, the two real brains behind the throne.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 2:29pm
Kory wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 1:40pm
I, too, want an official release with Terry and Keith, the two real brains behind the throne.
Jon Moss or GTFO

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The only Clash release I want is an apology from Mick for, like, everything, and an admission that he hates the fans and always has.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 3:42pm
The only Clash release I want is an apology from Mick for, like, everything, and an admission that he hates the fans and always has.
I'll get the fire ready

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

[/quote]
No stadium choirs!?
[/quote]

Nick Sheppard:
"We got a great big crowd down to a studio in West London, and shouted the backing vocals, out. A funny night," he recalls. "I think it was about 30 friends, acquaintances, fans, and people like that."

http://cluster1.website-staging.uk/blac ... 0Crap.html

a rather questionable choice :cry:
Music is the only thing that matters

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Red Angel wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 5:28am
No stadium choirs!?
[/quote]

Nick Sheppard:
"We got a great big crowd down to a studio in West London, and shouted the backing vocals, out. A funny night," he recalls. "I think it was about 30 friends, acquaintances, fans, and people like that."

http://cluster1.website-staging.uk/blac ... 0Crap.html

a rather questionable choice :cry:
[/quote]

There were a lot of questionable choices involved in CtC... ;)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble