Bernie's book

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1358
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Bernie's book

Post by WestwayKid » 21 Mar 2018, 12:23pm

I'm curious about this comment: "Published to follow the Clash's 40th anniversary in 2016, this is a testament to the man who both facillitated the band's formation and held it together"

Facilitated is spelled wrong and while it might be a "follow up" to their 40th anniversary...he apparently took his sweet time considering it is now 2018!!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Mar 2018, 1:08pm

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 12:23pm
I'm curious about this comment: "Published to follow the Clash's 40th anniversary in 2016, this is a testament to the man who both facillitated the band's formation and held it together"

Facilitated is spelled wrong and while it might be a "follow up" to their 40th anniversary...he apparently took his sweet time considering it is now 2018!!
Try to decipher his website. That'll answer your curiosity.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 533
Joined: 20 Mar 2009, 10:59pm

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Chairman Ralph » 21 Mar 2018, 5:51pm

I'm curious about this comment: "Published to follow the Clash's 40th anniversary in 2016, this is a testament to the man who both facillitated the band's formation and held it together"

Facilitated is spelled wrong and while it might be a "follow up" to their 40th anniversary...he apparently took his sweet time considering it is now 2018!!
All the more curious to see such errors, considering that it's not a POD publisher:
You'd think they could have sprung for a spell-checker or two on that one. :mrgreen:

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27902
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Heston » 21 Mar 2018, 7:26pm

I wonder if he includes his exchange with Maj in his book. James so nearly ended up in the Berniecamp for wayward boys.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Mar 2018, 7:38pm

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 7:26pm
I wonder if he includes his exchange with Maj in his book. James so nearly ended up in the Berniecamp for wayward boys.
Christ, that had so much bizarre potential. Talk about the road not taken.

Also, there was the time that Bernie asked Hoy what line of work he was in. I know that we'd blow it by being us, but having Bernie participate in an EET Week chat would be phenomenal.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26074
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Flex » 21 Mar 2018, 7:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 7:38pm
Also, there was the time that Bernie asked Hoy what line of work he was in. I know that we'd blow it by being us, but having Bernie participate in an EET Week chat would be phenomenal.
This is the kind of colossal trainwreck I feel like I've been training my whole life to help make even worse.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27902
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Heston » 21 Mar 2018, 8:00pm

I fondly remembered this quote by Doc so had to search it out...
It's actually kind of breathtaking how awful his design sense is. It's like his brain has been replaced by the sum total of Geocities, ca. 1997 and that's how he perceives the world now.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Mar 2018, 8:02pm

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 8:00pm
I fondly remembered this quote by Doc so had to search it out...
It's actually kind of breathtaking how awful his design sense is. It's like his brain has been replaced by the sum total of Geocities, ca. 1997 and that's how he perceives the world now.
:oops: Not even my family remembers anything fondly about me.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20553
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Bernie's book

Post by matedog » 22 Mar 2018, 10:49am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 7:38pm
Also, there was the time that Bernie asked Hoy what line of work he was in. I know that we'd blow it by being us, but having Bernie participate in an EET Week chat would be phenomenal.
I want to say that was Maj that he asked the question to when he sent him the EET Week tribute (vol 1). I found he was generally responsive when I emailed him back in 2010. He even said he'd do the Q&A, but I don't think we ever sent him questions. Lol, I even sent him the photoshop of the CTC studio band (but didn't get a response to that one):
Attachments
CTC Band.JPG
CTC Band.JPG (25.13 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Mar 2018, 11:27am

matedog wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 7:38pm
Also, there was the time that Bernie asked Hoy what line of work he was in. I know that we'd blow it by being us, but having Bernie participate in an EET Week chat would be phenomenal.
I want to say that was Maj that he asked the question to when he sent him the EET Week tribute (vol 1).
Huh. I'll never side with my memory over anyone else's, so you're likely right.
I found he was generally responsive when I emailed him back in 2010. He even said he'd do the Q&A, but I don't think we ever sent him questions. Lol, I even sent him the photoshop of the CTC studio band (but didn't get a response to that one):
:lol: That fucking picture! How the hell have I also forgotten that you made contact with him?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1358
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Bernie's book

Post by WestwayKid » 22 Mar 2018, 1:00pm

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 8:00pm
I fondly remembered this quote by Doc so had to search it out...
It's actually kind of breathtaking how awful his design sense is. It's like his brain has been replaced by the sum total of Geocities, ca. 1997 and that's how he perceives the world now.
I feel like I need a dial up modem to access his website!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8592
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Bernie's book

Post by BostonBeaneater » 04 Oct 2018, 11:06pm

We’re down to 22 quid. Did anyone read/look at this?
Attachments
CF584816-0985-4588-A8C4-0B117D1E511B.png
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50496
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Wolter » 05 Oct 2018, 12:23am

His font game remains on point.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Oct 2018, 6:13am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 11:06pm
We’re down to 22 quid. Did anyone read/look at this?
Amazon Canada still has it a year away from release, but the price here has dropped, too.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38021
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Bernie's book

Post by Marky Dread » 14 Nov 2018, 6:32am

101Walterton wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 2:18pm
The last book on the shelf
The last chicken in the shop.
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests