The Marky Dread Projects

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Marky Dread Projects

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very pleased your health is rebounding, MD. Can't keep an old punk down for long. :cool:

That said, no way in hell I'm downloading that EW set. I'm trying to cut down on my masochism these days. :hmm:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 11:11am
Very pleased your health is rebounding, MD. Can't keep an old punk down for long. :cool:

That said, no way in hell I'm downloading that EW set. I'm trying to cut down on my masochism these days. :hmm:
Cheers doc.

I was certain you were born to boogie.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Hey Marky, you did make CTC more palatable for me so I'm really looking forward to see what you did with EW. Get well mate, take care of yourself

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 2:47pm
Hey Marky, you did make CTC more palatable for me so I'm really looking forward to see what you did with EW. Get well mate, take care of yourself
Cheers mate. I've got a suprise for you coming soon. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I'm sure it's gonna be a good one

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Good to read you are on the mend, and thanks for another great download.

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Mr Dread. Thank you for your hard work on this album. I haven't listened to the original LP for along time but your mix sounds less cluttered, warmer and the rhythm guitars parts more upfront.
How you do all this without access to the tapes/stems or whatever, is a tribute to your skill.

All the best for your speedy recovery from your recent health issues.

Would you ever consider doing similar work to some Generation X stuff.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 3:25pm
Mr Dread. Thank you for your hard work on this album. I haven't listened to the original LP for along time but your mix sounds less cluttered, warmer and the rhythm guitars parts more upfront.
How you do all this without access to the tapes/stems or whatever, is a tribute to your skill.

All the best for your speedy recovery from your recent health issues.

Would you ever consider doing similar work to some Generation X stuff.
Thanks mate and yes. Generation X are one of my fave bands. What did you have in mind?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

I remember you had your own webpage where you used to put up lots of live stuff from Generation X and other bands. Would be curious to see what you could do to any of the 3 original studio albums.
Used to post here as sixstrings or boogie and check in most days to see what's going on. Your recent work has stepped up a level. The review by Silent Majority of your EW is spot on.

The main thing is to get your health back and do projects that make you happy. Don't worry about chancers requesting stuff.
Anyway looking forward to your next Clash project.
All the best.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 3:56pm
I remember you had your own webpage where you used to put up lots of live stuff from Generation X and other bands. Would be curious to see what you could do to any of the 3 original studio albums.
Used to post here as sixstrings or boogie and check in most days to see what's going on. Your recent work has stepped up a level. The review by Silent Majority of your EW is spot on.

The main thing is to get your health back and do projects that make you happy. Don't worry about chancers requesting stuff.
Anyway looking forward to your next Clash project.
All the best.
Ah yes I remember you posting as boogie mate. When I have more time I will look at those albums. Especially as the USA version of the self titled debut is completely different to it's UK counterpart. It runs slower and has different mixes as well as the only place the studio version of Gimme Some Truth can be found. Maybe a combination of the UK and US versions could work. On the back burner for now but it will happen, cheers.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 7:09pm
Some might like this. Earthquake Weather Remixed & Resequenced / Resequenced & Remixed. Flac & Mp3 320 in the files plus the two versions of the dreadful "Boogie".

https://mega.nz/#!ms0QFRTQ!ZiMQy5Khuj7r ... olcxYiLpbI
Thanks, Marky. Had to listen to the 2 versions of “Boogie.” Good to see Rudy “Can’t Fail” Fernandez’s name on the artwork.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
Some might like this. Earthquake Weather Remixed & Resequenced / Resequenced & Remixed. Flac & Mp3 320 in the files plus the two versions of the dreadful "Boogie".

Wow! Thanks so much for this. I'm glad to hear you're on the path to recovery. Stay strong and thanks again!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

appleseed1 wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 12:26am
Marky Dread wrote:

Wow! Thanks so much for this. I'm glad to hear you're on the path to recovery. Stay strong and thanks again!
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 10:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:

Thanks, Marky. Had to listen to the 2 versions of “Boogie.” Good to see Rudy “Can’t Fail” Fernandez’s name on the artwork.
Cheers, I knew that if I didn't include them someone would mention them. Personally I can't stand them and the fact there are two versions is even worse.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

Marky Dread wrote:

Marky you are my hero! Cranking through this right now and it sounds so much better. I bought this album the day it came out and have always loved the songs, hated the production. I am one of those rare idiots that genuinely loves this record (I guess I like the cryptic mumbly side of Strummer). Passport To Detroit is my new favorite Strummer jam!! Holy hell your version cranks!

One criticism, no "Don't Tango with Django"? It was an instrumental b-side to Gangsterville on the 12" version.

Keep it up!