CD tracks that are different from vinyl

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Red Angel
Dirty Punk

CD tracks that are different from vinyl

Post by Red Angel » 17 Feb 2018, 12:07pm

Listening to "Cool confusion" on CD where it is referred to as b-side I heard it's completely different from the original 7" b-side.
Are there any other tracks that are different version between vinyl and CD?

Should I Stay Or Should I Go? on THE STORY OF CLASH, VOLUME 1 / THE SINGLES [1991] / CLASH ON BROADWAY is referred to as "U.S. single mix", but is it really 7" U.S.? It looks like the version of CR.
The Future is Badly Written and it is not Clear

Red Angel
Dirty Punk

Re: CD tracks that are different from vinyl

Post by Red Angel » 21 Feb 2018, 8:50am

I forgot Radio One, on the 7" is longer than about a minute and a half.

THE STORY OF CLASH, VOLUME 1 note about Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston » 21 Feb 2018, 10:25am

I have noted this allegedly different SISOSIG before but it sounds identical to me.
Of course I use Zildjian, this is serious music.

Heston

Post by Heston » 21 Feb 2018, 10:29am

I know there's two different versions of Long Time Jerk, I think SBMC used the longer version as opposed to the shorter b side version.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog » 21 Feb 2018, 10:45am

Heston wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 10:29am
I know there's two different versions of Long Time Jerk, I think SBMC used the longer version as opposed to the shorter b side version.
I think it's the other way around. I had never heard the long version until someone uploaded it for me. This seems to confirm that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Black_Market_Clash
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston » 21 Feb 2018, 12:19pm

matedog wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 10:45am
Heston wrote:
I think it's the other way around. I had never heard the long version until someone uploaded it for me. This seems to confirm that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Black_Market_Clash
Yeah, you're correct. To damn it with faint praise, it's the best Combat Rock b-side.

Red Angel
Dirty Punk

Post by Red Angel » 21 Feb 2018, 2:07pm

Heston wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 12:19pm
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah, you're correct. To damn it with faint praise, it's the best Combat Rock b-side.
The non-edit version (5:10) is on The Singles Box and Sound System Extras, edited version (2:57) is on Super Black Market

matedog

Post by matedog » 21 Feb 2018, 5:15pm

Red Angel wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 2:07pm
Heston wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 12:19pm
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
The non-edit version (5:10) is on The Singles Box and Sound System Extras, edited version (2:57) is on Super Black Market
Well shit, I guess I do have it. Shows how forgettable that song is.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex » 21 Feb 2018, 5:28pm

I'm sure we've done this exercise before, but is there a list (or desire to compile a list) of all the different edits/mixes/etc. that may be available exclusively on specific releases? I think I was starting to do something like that a few years ago, creating a supplemental Sound System box, but I sort of ran out of steam and time (and I believe I was aiming for something more all encompassing than just sorting through alternate mixes/edits).
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog » 21 Feb 2018, 6:35pm

Flex wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 5:28pm
I'm sure we've done this exercise before, but is there a list (or desire to compile a list) of all the different edits/mixes/etc. that may be available exclusively on specific releases? I think I was starting to do something like that a few years ago, creating a supplemental Sound System box, but I sort of ran out of steam and time (and I believe I was aiming for something more all encompassing than just sorting through alternate mixes/edits).
http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... de#p337621

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex » 21 Feb 2018, 9:07pm

matedog wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 6:35pm
Flex wrote:
wow, that nerd did a bunch of work
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Feb 2018, 9:18pm

Flex wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 9:07pm
matedog wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 6:35pm
Flex wrote:
wow, that nerd did a bunch of work
The best part is he did all that work and gained no respect. What a maroon.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Red Angel
Dirty Punk

Post by Red Angel » 22 Feb 2018, 1:32pm

Flex wrote:
I absolutely did not want to underestimate your great work, but here the question is different even if it may seem similar. If you make a total detailed list of remixes, alternate, etc. it's very welcome and I think everyone can work together to eventually improve it ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Mar 2018, 1:05am

matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
At least I'm someone at last.