From Here To Eternity iTunes version question

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

From Here To Eternity iTunes version question

Post by dave202 »

I've noticed two bonus tracks on the iTunes album. Is this the only place they are available? According to Wikipedia, Drug Stabbing Time is from the Lyceum, so am I right that it is from the same recording as some tracks on Sound System?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: From Here To Eternity iTunes version question

Post by matedog »

dave202 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 3:09pm
I've noticed two bonus tracks on the iTunes album. Is this the only place they are available? According to Wikipedia, Drug Stabbing Time is from the Lyceum, so am I right that it is from the same recording as some tracks on Sound System?
I believe they are an iTunes exclusive as part of the Sound System release. They sound great and are definitely worth owning (as opposed to the other shit live recordings they put on the actual Sound System discs).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

matedog wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 4:30pm
dave202 wrote:
I believe they are an iTunes exclusive as part of the Sound System release. They sound great and are definitely worth owning (as opposed to the other shit live recordings they put on the actual Sound System discs).
Thanks, I'll see if I can get them individually.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

dave202 wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 8:42am
matedog wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 4:30pm
dave202 wrote:
Thanks, I'll see if I can get them individually.
I was able to buy the songs individually on iTunes. I think you still can.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.