Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1480
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Low Down Low » 18 Nov 2017, 4:12pm

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 3:32pm
Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 2:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 2:09pm
Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 1:36pm
Never thought the US Festival was a great show but it was the first video footage I ever saw of the band, indeed the only footage I had for several years, and so treasured it for that reason. Love Joe's vocals on Know Your Rights, the high point of the show for me.
To be honest the only thing that was off putting for me were Joe's inbetween rants. All that "you buy you die" rubbish Joe said he wasn't very good at this show but it's not his playing it's his stage performance. His anger was at the promoter but he comes across as attacking the audience.
I think his anger was at a lot of things, including himself, but you're right, he ends up just preaching to a crowd of people who have paid a lot of money on the pretext of being entertained and having a good time. Was it at that show where Joe does the interview in which he's sitting outside, slumped in his chair, looking weary and depressed?
I don't remember that interview.
I just remember it from one of the Clash docs, not sure which one, where he's asked by a female reporter something about the fans and he says something about not being strong enough to care about anything right now, or words to that effect. It's how drawn and haggard he looks at that moment, though could just be he'd had a few beers too many that day! Its either the US festival or could be the Shea Stadium gig.

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1480
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Low Down Low » 18 Nov 2017, 4:19pm

Heston wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 4:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 3:32pm
Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 2:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 2:09pm
Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 1:36pm
Never thought the US Festival was a great show but it was the first video footage I ever saw of the band, indeed the only footage I had for several years, and so treasured it for that reason. Love Joe's vocals on Know Your Rights, the high point of the show for me.
To be honest the only thing that was off putting for me were Joe's inbetween rants. All that "you buy you die" rubbish Joe said he wasn't very good at this show but it's not his playing it's his stage performance. His anger was at the promoter but he comes across as attacking the audience.
I think his anger was at a lot of things, including himself, but you're right, he ends up just preaching to a crowd of people who have paid a lot of money on the pretext of being entertained and having a good time. Was it at that show where Joe does the interview in which he's sitting outside, slumped in his chair, looking weary and depressed?
I don't remember that interview.
I think I know the one he means but it's not the US Festival, it's a Who show I think.
Yes I think its the Shea gig alright.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38264
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 18 Nov 2017, 4:54pm

Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 4:19pm
Heston wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 4:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 3:32pm
Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 2:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 2:09pm


To be honest the only thing that was off putting for me were Joe's inbetween rants. All that "you buy you die" rubbish Joe said he wasn't very good at this show but it's not his playing it's his stage performance. His anger was at the promoter but he comes across as attacking the audience.
I think his anger was at a lot of things, including himself, but you're right, he ends up just preaching to a crowd of people who have paid a lot of money on the pretext of being entertained and having a good time. Was it at that show where Joe does the interview in which he's sitting outside, slumped in his chair, looking weary and depressed?
I don't remember that interview.
I think I know the one he means but it's not the US Festival, it's a Who show I think.
Yes I think its the Shea gig alright.
If its in one of the docs then I must've seen it. Just don't recall it at all
Image

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1480
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Low Down Low » 18 Nov 2017, 5:46pm

If its in one of the docs then I must've seen it. Just don't recall it at all
[/quote]

Acually it's this one here, I'd always assumed it was the US Festival for some reason, but its Toronto which would place it Sept, 82. It just stuck with me cos although I've seen Joe doing plenty of bad interviews, it's rare you seem him so zoned out and unresponsive as in this one.


white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by white man » 18 Nov 2017, 6:28pm

Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 5:46pm
If its in one of the docs then I must've seen it. Just don't recall it at all
Acually it's this one here, I'd always assumed it was the US Festival for some reason, but its Toronto which would place it Sept, 82. It just stuck with me cos although I've seen Joe doing plenty of bad interviews, it's rare you seem him so zoned out and unresponsive as in this one.


[/quote]
Tired AND emotional.

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1480
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Low Down Low » 18 Nov 2017, 6:35pm

Meanwhile....just catching up on stuff, the Gothenburg show is a bit of a gem. Its a bit out there but they manage to hold it together pretty well. First 10 seconds of Charlie am thinking wtf, by the end I'm really liking it and wishing it was another minute or two longer. And Mick adding vocal contributions on Armagideon Time isn't something I ever remembered hearing before. All round great show, thanks again marky.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38264
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 18 Nov 2017, 8:24pm

Low Down Low wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 6:35pm
Meanwhile....just catching up on stuff, the Gothenburg show is a bit of a gem. Its a bit out there but they manage to hold it together pretty well. First 10 seconds of Charlie am thinking wtf, by the end I'm really liking it and wishing it was another minute or two longer. And Mick adding vocal contributions on Armagideon Time isn't something I ever remembered hearing before. All round great show, thanks again marky.
Cheers. I'm not so keen on that CDS but as it's only in an embryonic state it's a real curio.

Yeah I do remember that interview but only the Mick bits oddly enough. Joe sounds unwell like he has the flu. Maybe he forgot to pack his honey and lemon.
Image

aza
Dirty Punk
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 5:40pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by aza » 23 Nov 2017, 1:20pm

if anyone was so inclined to repost all the shows Marky's done so far on one page, it would make me give a shit that its thanksgiving. Marky Dread, Im still listening to your rework of London Calling on an almost daily basis. its brilliant. Thank you,
Aza

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38264
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 23 Nov 2017, 1:51pm

aza wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 1:20pm
if anyone was so inclined to repost all the shows Marky's done so far on one page, it would make me give a shit that its thanksgiving. Marky Dread, Im still listening to your rework of London Calling on an almost daily basis. its brilliant. Thank you,
Aza
Cheers. All the links are still active Aza from page one 'til here.
Image

aza
Dirty Punk
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 5:40pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by aza » 24 Nov 2017, 12:32pm

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 1:51pm
aza wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 1:20pm
if anyone was so inclined to repost all the shows Marky's done so far on one page, it would make me give a shit that its thanksgiving. Marky Dread, Im still listening to your rework of London Calling on an almost daily basis. its brilliant. Thank you,
Aza
Cheers. All the links are still active Aza from page one 'til here.
yes yes i was just being lazy and wanted to make sure i didnt miss any work you post/posted but will go through and stay on top of this chain
thanks,
Aza

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38264
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 24 Nov 2017, 1:11pm

aza wrote:
24 Nov 2017, 12:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 1:51pm
aza wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 1:20pm
if anyone was so inclined to repost all the shows Marky's done so far on one page, it would make me give a shit that its thanksgiving. Marky Dread, Im still listening to your rework of London Calling on an almost daily basis. its brilliant. Thank you,
Aza
Cheers. All the links are still active Aza from page one 'til here.
yes yes i was just being lazy and wanted to make sure i didnt miss any work you post/posted but will go through and stay on top of this chain
thanks,
Aza
Ahh OK gotcha.
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1470
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by WestwayKid » 25 Nov 2017, 11:02am

I actually went out and bought an inexpensive MP3 player to collect all these shows! I should call it a markyPod! :mrgreen:
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38264
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Nov 2017, 12:02pm

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 11:02am
I actually went out and bought an inexpensive MP3 player to collect all these shows! I should call it a markyPod! :mrgreen:
Ha! :mrgreen:
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38264
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Nov 2017, 5:07pm

Next up : Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit, MI : March 10, 1980

This upload was kindly supplied by (Xtopher) Chris and was taken from the JEMS Archive via Dime. We are grateful to Jared (RIP) who sadly passed away in October 2016 for sharing his fantastic archive with his trusted friends/experts to watch over. This upload is made up from three separate sources to make a complete show. I have made a couple of repairs and remixed the sound.

This show was an added date for the tour in honour of the great soul legend Jackie Wilson (RIP).

Flac/Mp3 here :

https://mega.nz/#!7tVBURTL!liZQmtMC3KoP ... 0ZcAPEc_j4
Attachments
The Clash - Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit - March 10, 1980 [1].jpg
The Clash - Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit - March 10, 1980 [1].jpg (782.85 KiB) Viewed 976 times
The Clash - Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit - March 10, 1980 [2].jpg
The Clash - Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit - March 10, 1980 [2].jpg (524.02 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50575
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Wolter » 25 Nov 2017, 7:42pm

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 5:07pm
Next up : Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit, MI : March 10, 1980

This upload was kindly supplied by (Xtopher) Chris and was taken from the JEMS Archive via Dime. We are grateful to Jared (RIP) who sadly passed away in October 2016 for sharing his fantastic archive with his trusted friends/experts to watch over. This upload is made up from three separate sources to make a complete show. I have made a couple of repairs and remixed the sound.

This show was an added date for the tour in honour of the great soul legend Jackie Wilson (RIP).

Flac/Mp3 here :

https://mega.nz/#!7tVBURTL!liZQmtMC3KoP ... 0ZcAPEc_j4
One off my personal favorites.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests