Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 7:28am
Yeah Paul I'm sure was complaining about the pro source tape. I was just wondering if it was a pro recording other than the 3rd Jan. I agree about WM iHP from bonds being better. But I would've preferred WM iHP from the Lyceum over Cheapskates for the SS box. I wondered if the source was similar to the leaked tape. It's a shame BP didn't remix the whole gig.
The leaked tape of FHTE outtakes has everything Bill mixed that didn't make the album. I would assume that they had available the 16 track recordings for the whole January 3rd gig. The band made a list of possible selections from rough mixes of all the multi-tracked shows that were available and it would seem the only WM iHP that shortlisted was from Boston. Remember, the record company's idea after someone noted the recording quality of the Boston tapes was to put out a live album from those gigs only. It was the band's idea to widen the selection to include Topper shows. As for the Lyceum, I don't think they did record the other nights.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 5:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 7:28am
Yeah Paul I'm sure was complaining about the pro source tape. I was just wondering if it was a pro recording other than the 3rd Jan. I agree about WM iHP from bonds being better. But I would've preferred WM iHP from the Lyceum over Cheapskates for the SS box. I wondered if the source was similar to the leaked tape. It's a shame BP didn't remix the whole gig.
The leaked tape of FHTE outtakes has everything Bill mixed that didn't make the album. I would assume that they had available the 16 track recordings for the whole January 3rd gig. The band made a list of possible selections from rough mixes of all the multi-tracked shows that were available and it would seem the only WM iHP that shortlisted was from Boston. Remember, the record company's idea after someone noted the recording quality of the Boston tapes was to put out a live album from those gigs only. It was the band's idea to widen the selection to include Topper shows. As for the Lyceum, I don't think they did record the other nights.
That's good info cheers Teddy. I wonder now we've got a wider mix (a good thing) of shows in FHTE if that means we won't get another live release from any of those shows as a stand alone release as a value for money thing?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Great pick with Theatre Mogador, and very admirable job making an historic tape sound more listenable!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 5:50pm
Great pick with Theatre Mogador, and very admirable job making an historic tape sound more listenable!
Thanks. It really is a great set and I enjoy all the guests coming on one after each other. They were playing slower numbers and some of the early numbers lose a bit of fire when played after a slower number. But overall they have harnessed their power and sound amazing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Which of the Bonds White Man would have been a better fit than Boston? I listened to the 13th June version and would much prefer Boston, I think Terry does a good job on that and StH, they are the stand out tracks on FHTE for me, along with CC.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 8:05pm
Which of the Bonds White Man would have been a better fit than Boston? I listened to the 13th June version and would much prefer Boston, I think Terry does a good job on that and StH, they are the stand out tracks on FHTE for me, along with CC.
Not quite the point here mate. The Bonds version has Topper on board and as Teddy stated earlier they were trying to include more Topper tracks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky listened to Mogador all day yesterday, really enjoyed it, one of the best Armagideon Time, love the stretch with all the guests. Great job remastering, sounds better than ever. I agree the 30th is the better sounding with the 29th being a pretty wild show too.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 8:36pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Not quite the point here mate. The Bonds version has Topper on board and as Teddy stated earlier they were trying to include more Topper tracks.
Ok sorry mate, picked that up wrong. I'd happily replace all the Boston tracks, but keep White Man and StH, I cant recall ever hearing them nail StH with Topper on board, at least not like that version from Boston anyway.

Edit: not that there can have been many Topper StH versions anyway, cant think of one off the top of my head.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 7:48am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Ok sorry mate, picked that up wrong. I'd happily replace all the Boston tracks, but keep White Man and StH, I cant recall ever hearing them nail StH with Topper on board, at least not like that version from Boston anyway.

Edit: not that there can have been many Topper StH versions anyway, cant think of one off the top of my head.
There is possibly the one from Lochem.

Ratty posted all about it here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11081&start=60

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 8:08am
Low Down Low wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 7:48am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

There is possibly the one from Lochem.

Ratty posted all about it here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11081&start=60
Never knew that. I'm guessing it would either be a total trainwreck or brilliantly chaotic.

Dirty Harry
Junco Partner

Post by Dirty Harry »

Mogador sounding amazing . always loved the earlier live versions of the songs of Combat Rock

along with Shibuya Kohkaido jan 24th 1982 prob one of my favourite bootlegs
Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, "life" has surface noise."

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dirty Harry wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:00pm
Mogador sounding amazing . always loved the earlier live versions of the songs of Combat Rock

Thanks DH I've got that one lined up on the list mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

Those 1981 european Shows - Paris,lille, Amsterdam - are really great. There couldnt be a clash setlist with too much sandinista.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

chocolatejesus wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 5:10am
Those 1981 european Shows - Paris,lille, Amsterdam - are really great. There couldnt be a clash setlist with too much sandinista.
Agreed mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dirty Harry
Junco Partner

Post by Dirty Harry »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:46pm
Dirty Harry wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:00pm

Thanks DH I've got that one lined up on the list mate.
Looking forward to hearing that one Marky, for me one of the top 5 clash gigs amazing to think it all went tits up just a few months later
Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, "life" has surface noise."