Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:57pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:42pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:37pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:32pm

No I sent you Bruce Springsteen backed by the Swans live at the Mud Club, stupid.
Haha jokes on you. It wasn't Swans backing Bruuuce at that gig, it was Wire. And it smokes.
Well you must've got it from someone else as I don't like Wire or any of their old punk rock nonsense.
Hey Wire isn't punk rock at all. But as that Mud Club gig proves, they are a tight little R&B outfit.
They remind me of old time dancing.
I love how they re worked "Highway Patrolman" into an uptempo Latin flavored groove with hints of Krautrock and a bit of post-WWII hard-bop jazz.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 12:05am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:57pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:42pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:37pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:36pm

Haha jokes on you. It wasn't Swans backing Bruuuce at that gig, it was Wire. And it smokes.
Well you must've got it from someone else as I don't like Wire or any of their old punk rock nonsense.
Hey Wire isn't punk rock at all. But as that Mud Club gig proves, they are a tight little R&B outfit.
They remind me of old time dancing.
I love how they re worked "Highway Patrolman" into an uptempo Latin flavored groove with hints of Krautrock and a bit of post-WWII hard-bop jazz.
That's my favourite and the 12'' remix where they throw in a little skiffle for good measure.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 8:00am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Seriously Marky, I need a new server for all this stuff. I can't keep up - and that Gothenburg show is new to me, too :mrgreen:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 8:01pm
Seriously Marky, I need a new server for all this stuff. I can't keep up - and that Gothenburg show is new to me, too :mrgreen:
Happy birthday mate sorry it's late. Hope you had a good one.

I'm really pleased with the sound on this US Festival. Still plenty more to come.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Too bad we don’t have any tape of the backstage shenanigans, like say Kosmo screaming at Bernie that if he wants to hold a press conference demanding Van Halen give some of their pay to charity, that he should bloody hold it himself. What a palaver. No wonder in some of the band’s own versions of their history it was the end. If it was fiction, you couldn’t write a better end of the band than the U.S. Festival!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 8:01am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I know I may be in the minority but I thought they were poor at the US Festival. The fire had gone out and the drummer wasn't that good. They should have hired Rick Buckler when Terry left again.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

But I will give it a listen, continued thanks Marky.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 10:43pm
I know I may be in the minority but I thought they were poor at the US Festival. The fire had gone out and the drummer wasn't that good. They should have hired Rick Buckler when Terry left again.
Well don't tell Matey about this! Yeah, I've always the Pete Howard was waaaay too techy for the Clash (Clash Mk II - fuggetaboutit). But I don't know that Buckler could cut all the styles (great as he is), not even as well as Terry managed. And wasn't he still with the Jam touring 'The Gift' in September '83 or had they called it a day by then as well?

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 10:53pm
Heston wrote:
Well don't tell Matey about this! Yeah, I've always the Pete Howard was waaaay too techy for the Clash (Clash Mk II - fuggetaboutit). But I don't know that Buckler could cut all the styles (great as he is), not even as well as Terry managed. And wasn't he still with the Jam touring 'The Gift' in September '83 or had they called it a day by then as well?
Was over for the Jam in December 82, Buckler could have done anything, 100 times better than Terry. Listen to Funeral Pyre and imagine Terry attempting it. It would have sounded like someone throwing a drum kit down the stairs.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 8:01am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 10:59pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Was over for the Jam in December 82, Buckler could have done anything, 100 times better than Terry. Listen to Funeral Pyre and imagine Terry attempting it. It would have sounded like someone throwing a drum kit down the stairs.
Oh I'm not denying Rick's one of the greats, but could he pull off reggae and modern funk/hip hop as well as Terry sometimes managed? And anyway, we know why they picked Terry - he was a known quantity and they needed someone to do the gigs in nine days. Shit, if they'd really wanted to go balls out with probably the best session drummer on the scene, the coulda asked Mark Brzecki before he was in Big Country (which, incidentally, Rick Buckler was playing in briefly after the Skids broke up and Stuart and Bruce got Tony and Mark and nailed the sound).

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 11:11pm
Heston wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 10:59pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Oh I'm not denying Rick's one of the greats, but could he pull off reggae and modern funk/hip hop as well as Terry sometimes managed? And anyway, we know why they picked Terry - he was a known quantity and they needed someone to do the gigs in nine days. Shit, if they'd really wanted to go balls out with probably the best session drummer on the scene, the coulda asked Mark Brzecki before he was in Big Country (which, incidentally, Rick Buckler was playing in briefly after the Skids broke up and Stuart and Bruce got Tony and Mark and nailed the sound).
Yeah, I reckon Rick could have pulled off reggae/hip hop whatever.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 8:02am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia