Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 4:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 4:03pm
gkbill wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 3:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 3:58pm
Next up : Pier 84, New York, NY : Sept 2, 1982

A nice sounding professional show. Just not dangerous enough for me so missing the real dynamic that gives you from a Clash show. Still well worth a listen as the soundcheck is fascinating and the instrumental version of "1977" shows just how much of the riff from The Kinks "All Day and All of the Night" they borrowed.

Flac/Mp3 here :
https://mega.nz/#!zwdm2BQR!Y6_XXiQD2fqJ ... kY2aLiGKts
Hello Marky,

On another thread, I posted about the show two days before. It was a good show although there was some anxiety. Third World (meh) and Kurtis Blow (really good) warmed up. There were quite a few "punks" who tried to shout down Kurtis. I recall thinking what idiots these guys are - shut up and listen. Before the Clash came out, it was tremendously packed just in front of the stage. I was about 8 people from center stage and people were leaning back and forth like wheat fields at severe angles. "Cincinnati" chants started up (recall the Who's incident in Cincinnati was just a few years prior). Once the Clash came out, things opened up a bit. Joe brought the house lights up and did his bottling commentary as there was stuff flying around. All in all, a pretty exciting evening and a great, memorable show.
Which of the shows did you attend? This one or one of the other dates Joe mentions on this one that it feels like the band are playing a rehearsal due to being so high up in the stage and with the lighting down he can't see anybody.
Hello,

I believe it was 8/31/82.
Cool. Maybe I will remaster that one when I get chance.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Just listened to Pier 54 from beginning to end, very good, I liked it very much, very enjoyable show. Thank you again Marky, for some reason I never had this show before so it's new to me and will fit nicely in my collection.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 11:40am
Just listened to Pier 54 from beginning to end, very good, I liked it very much, very enjoyable show. Thank you again Marky, for some reason I never had this show before so it's new to me and will fit nicely in my collection.
It is a very professional sounding show but it lacks the real danger that gives a great Clash show it's edge.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by appleseed1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 5:28pm
"London calling now don't look to us this is a festival and uh were stuck in the mud" - Joe Strummer
"Fuck the rain!" - Mick Jones

Next up : Lochem Festival, Holland : May 20, 1982

This one divides opinion as the sound is fantastic and there are some intersting moments. The band however are far from on their best form.

I put all the tracks back together and made new track edits. Remixed the sound and removed a fake section of applause at the end of Clampdown (last track here). You can hear the start of Brand New Cadillac at the end of the applause. So I checked that track and it's the very same section most probably added because the last track ends with Joe's ad-lib about drinking Heineken then fades.

Flac/Mp3 here :

https://mega.nz/#!u0cFzbYK!6NxoIqe-3-9_ ... y1ZU68anWw
Wow. It's been a while since I enjoyed a live version of London Calling this much. Great work! Gracias, amigo!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky, not sure if this is appropriate but I’d love to see what you could do to the 5/24/80 boot, my all time fav. Not sure if it needs speed correction, but it might run about fast.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 1:25am
Marky, not sure if this is appropriate but I’d love to see what you could do to the 5/24/80 boot, my all time fav. Not sure if it needs speed correction, but it might run about fast.
I'll see what I can do matey. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 7:58am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Cheers Marky. Is this the one with the very early and weird version of Charlie Don't Surf?

EDIT - yes it is!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 5:48pm
Cheers Marky. Is this the one with the very early and weird version of Charlie Don't Surf?

EDIT - yes it is!
Yeah it is and I'm not over keen on it. But then the proper version is a masterpiece. It's weird on this as Joe must've forgotten they were going to do it and qoutes the first line of White Riot at the start.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:14pm
laxman wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 5:48pm

EDIT - yes it is!
Yeah it is and I'm not over keen on it. But then the proper version is a masterpiece. It's weird on this as Joe must've forgotten they were going to do it and qoutes the first line of White Riot at the start.
It's more of a curious listen and just makes the show that much more interesting. There are plenty of straight takes throughout the concert, so it's cool to have an embryonic take of an upcoming track.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 3:35pm
As requested by matedog.

Next up : The Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden : May 24, 1980.

Flac/Mp3 here : Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!T8knVbAZ!2ED8wFv8LMeB ... jh1F2C0e5c
You are a god damn hero, Marky.

matedog

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
As requested by matedog.

The first like five seconds of CCR is one of my favorite live Clash moments. Mick does the riff at the usual tempo and then the band kick WAY faster and maintain that frenetic tempo.

matedog

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:36pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
As requested by matedog.

The first like five seconds of CCR is one of my favorite live Clash moments. Mick does the riff at the usual tempo and then the band kick WAY faster and maintain that frenetic tempo.
The last 2/3 of Jimmy Jazz is just Joe shouting ad libs non stop.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 7:59am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:54pm
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:48pm
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:36pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
As requested by matedog.

The last 2/3 of Jimmy Jazz is just Joe shouting ad libs non stop.
It's a great listen and I was a little stunned that I hadn't heard it until today. I did alter the speed by 0.5 % . Nothing serious and boy do they attack London Calling with gusto.
Joe keeps doing the seagull call throughout the chorus. Check out the outro to WMHP, adlibs galore with Topper getting super busy and Mick soloing throughout.