Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 10:25am
Thanks a lot Marky. There's a definite improvement over the recordings i have. I would imagine it being difficult to bring anymore out of the original as all vocals and guitars seem to be nearing saturation point anyway.
Top job as ever. I might have a little Xmas giveaway myself as your generosity has inspired me.
It's ok mate, you can keep your season ticket.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
Thanks a lot Marky. There's a definite improvement over the recordings i have. I would imagine it being difficult to bring anymore out of the original as all vocals and guitars seem to be nearing saturation point anyway.
Top job as ever. I might have a little Xmas giveaway myself as your generosity has inspired me.
Yeah thanks mate I did four separate mixes with this one the best of the bunch to my ears. Not an easy gig to mix as everything is really in your face (quite literally here) so without losing either vocal or guitars due to over saturation this is what we got.

Secret Santa. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 10:38am
white man wrote:
It's ok mate, you can keep your season ticket.
Didn't get that joke when I first saw your reply. But some things you just can't give away. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Millwall at home next Saturday. Think i'll go down early and take me footy boots. I reckon i'll get a game. :meh:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 7:57am, edited 2 times in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 3:55pm
Millwall at home next Saturday. Think i'll go down early and take me footy boots. I reckon i'll get a game. :meh:
Footy boots you'll be needing your steel toecaps against those fuckers!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Might be needing a new pair to be honest.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 6:08pm
Might be needing a new pair to be honest.
Now I reckon they are just the job to chase the Millwall down the street in

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Pier 84, soundcheck is hot and I haven't gotten to the show yet! Really digging Mick's guitar work. Thanks Marky this is another winner.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 7:01pm
Pier 84, soundcheck is hot and I haven't gotten to the show yet! Really digging Mick's guitar work. Thanks Marky this is another winner.
Cheers mate. Yeah that soundcheck is a great listen

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Battersea
Dirty Punk

Post by Battersea »

Anybody else having problems downloading Marky's fantastic work ?

When the Mega.nz white screen comes up with the cloud in the middle the screen suddenly goes grey with a small spinning circle in the middle and then just stays on that without downloading the file.

Anyone got a solution ?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Battersea wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 8:21am
Anybody else having problems downloading Marky's fantastic work ?

When the Mega.nz white screen comes up with the cloud in the middle the screen suddenly goes grey with a small spinning circle in the middle and then just stays on that without downloading the file.

Anyone got a solution ?
Hi mate I've just tried the link at least a dozen times and it's worked every time.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 3:58pm
Next up : Pier 84, New York, NY : Sept 2, 1982

A nice sounding professional show. Just not dangerous enough for me so missing the real dynamic that gives you from a Clash show. Still well worth a listen as the soundcheck is fascinating and the instrumental version of "1977" shows just how much of the riff from The Kinks "All Day and All of the Night" they borrowed.

Flac/Mp3 here :
https://mega.nz/#!zwdm2BQR!Y6_XXiQD2fqJ ... kY2aLiGKts
Hello Marky,

On another thread, I posted about the show two days before. It was a good show although there was some anxiety. Third World (meh) and Kurtis Blow (really good) warmed up. There were quite a few "punks" who tried to shout down Kurtis. I recall thinking what idiots these guys are - shut up and listen. Before the Clash came out, it was tremendously packed just in front of the stage. I was about 8 people from center stage and people were leaning back and forth like wheat fields at severe angles. "Cincinnati" chants started up (recall the Who's incident in Cincinnati was just a few years prior). Once the Clash came out, things opened up a bit. Joe brought the house lights up and did his bottling commentary as there was stuff flying around. All in all, a pretty exciting evening and a great, memorable show.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 3:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:

A nice sounding professional show. Just not dangerous enough for me so missing the real dynamic that gives you from a Clash show. Still well worth a listen as the soundcheck is fascinating and the instrumental version of "1977" shows just how much of the riff from The Kinks "All Day and All of the Night" they borrowed.

Flac/Mp3 here :
Hello Marky,

On another thread, I posted about the show two days before. It was a good show although there was some anxiety. Third World (meh) and Kurtis Blow (really good) warmed up. There were quite a few "punks" who tried to shout down Kurtis. I recall thinking what idiots these guys are - shut up and listen. Before the Clash came out, it was tremendously packed just in front of the stage. I was about 8 people from center stage and people were leaning back and forth like wheat fields at severe angles. "Cincinnati" chants started up (recall the Who's incident in Cincinnati was just a few years prior). Once the Clash came out, things opened up a bit. Joe brought the house lights up and did his bottling commentary as there was stuff flying around. All in all, a pretty exciting evening and a great, memorable show.
Which of the shows did you attend? This one or one of the other dates Joe mentions on this one that it feels like the band are playing a rehearsal due to being so high up in the stage and with the lighting down he can't see anybody.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 4:03pm
gkbill wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 3:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:

Flac/Mp3 here :
Hello Marky,

Which of the shows did you attend? This one or one of the other dates Joe mentions on this one that it feels like the band are playing a rehearsal due to being so high up in the stage and with the lighting down he can't see anybody.
Hello,

I believe it was 8/31/82.