Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 7:59am, edited 2 times in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:59pm
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:54pm
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:48pm
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:36pm

The first like five seconds of CCR is one of my favorite live Clash moments. Mick does the riff at the usual tempo and then the band kick WAY faster and maintain that frenetic tempo.
The last 2/3 of Jimmy Jazz is just Joe shouting ad libs non stop.
It's a great listen and I was a little stunned that I hadn't heard it until today. I did alter the speed by 0.5 % . Nothing serious and boy do they attack London Calling with gusto.
Joe keeps doing the seagull call throughout the chorus. Check out the outro to WMHP, adlibs galore with Topper getting super busy and Mick soloing throughout.
They are on fine form. Topoer is on fire.
Oh, I checked the pitch of CCR and it's really close to on point. I assumed with the frantic nature of the entire show that the tape was sped up, but I think they were just on fire the whole time.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

It's a great listen and I was a little stunned that I hadn't heard it until today. I did alter the speed by 0.5 % . Nothing serious and boy do they attack London Calling with gusto.
Joe keeps doing the seagull call throughout the chorus. Check out the outro to WMHP, adlibs galore with Topper getting super busy and Mick soloing throughout.
Oh, I checked the pitch of CCR and it's really close to on point. I assumed with the frantic nature of the entire show that the tape was sped up, but I think they were just on fire the whole time.
Yep that's how I feel about it. You really wouldn't notice the speed adjustment I made but I checked against the recorded CCR and other period live takes. They are just cooking!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:15pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yep that's how I feel about it. You really wouldn't notice the speed adjustment I made but I checked against the recorded CCR and other period live takes. They are just cooking!
Armagideon Time is one of my favs as well. Mick is playing so many atonal ugly notes and Joe is ad libbing and shrieking drenched in reverb.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Man, how have I never heard this show before? One of those gigs where they should have had the mobile recording studio there.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:15pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Armagideon Time is one of my favs as well. Mick is playing so many atonal ugly notes and Joe is ad libbing and shrieking drenched in reverb.
Yeah lots of use of Echo and reverb throughout.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:19pm
Man, how have I never heard this show before? One of those gigs where they should have had the mobile recording studio there.
If only if only mate. Some nights they just caught fire. Normally caused by band tension or a firey crowd. It's one of those nights where everything clicks into place.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
If only if only mate. Some nights they just caught fire. Normally caused by band tension or a firey crowd. It's one of those nights where everything clicks into place.
It's like that Milan 5/21/81 show where everything is just otherworldly. Not like two or three special takes, but damn near the entire performance.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
It's like that Milan 5/21/81 show where everything is just otherworldly. Not like two or three special takes, but damn near the entire performance.
Yeah that Milan gig is great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 3:35pm
As requested by matedog.

Next up : The Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden : May 24, 1980.

Flac/Mp3 here : Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!T8knVbAZ!2ED8wFv8LMeB ... jh1F2C0e5c
You are a god damn hero, Marky.
The first like five seconds of CCR is one of my favorite live Clash moments. Mick does the riff at the usual tempo and then the band kick WAY faster and maintain that frenetic tempo.
Hold on - you'd never heard this gig before? Can't be right as I'm positive you sent it to me old school stylee (Royal Mail, along loads of other stuff) several years ago. I'm pretty sure it's this show we're talking about here, mate.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 6:27pm

You are a god damn hero, Marky.
Hold on - you'd never heard this gig before? Can't be right as I'm positive you sent it to me old school stylee (Royal Mail, along loads of other stuff) several years ago. I'm pretty sure it's this show we're talking about here, mate.
No I sent you Bruce Springsteen backed by the Swans live at the Mud Club, stupid.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:32pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:

No I sent you Bruce Springsteen backed by the Swans live at the Mud Club, stupid.
Haha jokes on you. It wasn't Swans backing Bruuuce at that gig, it was Wire. And it smokes.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Haha jokes on you. It wasn't Swans backing Bruuuce at that gig, it was Wire. And it smokes.
Well you must've got it from someone else as I don't like Wire or any of their old punk rock nonsense.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:37pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Well you must've got it from someone else as I don't like Wire or any of their old punk rock nonsense.
Hey Wire isn't punk rock at all. But as that Mud Club gig proves, they are a tight little R&B outfit.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:42pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:37pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

Hey Wire isn't punk rock at all. But as that Mud Club gig proves, they are a tight little R&B outfit.
They remind me of old time dancing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia