Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 3:39pm
Heston wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 11:49am
matedog wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 10:40am
Heston wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 11:19am
Mmm, looking forward to this one. Terry Tour is unfairly maligned imo.
No, just no.
You just have to weigh up Joe's massively improved vocals against the presence of Terry.
So much trauma from Shea Stadium. And yeah, that wasn't the best show from the tour, but it was also not that different from any other show. Particularly the drumming. God, English Civil War is so awful on that show. And Tommy Gun. And Clampdown.
I'll give you Shea, I thought he had some horrible moments on there. There are some interesting 82 gigs that show him in a better light, Kent State for example.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1974
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 2:25pm
gkbill wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 9:52pm
Hello Marky,

I downloaded a few days ago but finally got to listen. Great stuff! Love it!
You must have a time machine as I only uploaded it yesterday.
Hello Marky,

I meant the 5 Alive show - I'm behind in my listening! New semester, new school, new digs - a lot going on! Thanks again!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 4:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 2:25pm
gkbill wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 9:52pm
Hello Marky,

I downloaded a few days ago but finally got to listen. Great stuff! Love it!
You must have a time machine as I only uploaded it yesterday.
Hello Marky,

I meant the 5 Alive show - I'm behind in my listening! New semester, new school, new digs - a lot going on! Thanks again!
Ha! I thought that's what you meant. Your'e welcolme buddy.
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Heston »

Heston wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 4:11pm
matedog wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 3:39pm
Heston wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 11:49am
matedog wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 10:40am
Heston wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 11:19am
Mmm, looking forward to this one. Terry Tour is unfairly maligned imo.
No, just no.
You just have to weigh up Joe's massively improved vocals against the presence of Terry.
So much trauma from Shea Stadium. And yeah, that wasn't the best show from the tour, but it was also not that different from any other show. Particularly the drumming. God, English Civil War is so awful on that show. And Tommy Gun. And Clampdown.
I'll give you Shea, I thought he had some horrible moments on there. There are some interesting 82 gigs that show him in a better light, Kent State for example.
I'm listening to Kent State now, one of the best Clash gigs ever imo. Never mind Boston or Shea, this is the gig that that the CBS bigwigs should have recorded professionally in 1982.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner
Posts: 374
Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 9:58am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by sonnyburnit »

RPI Fieldhouse is another one that I liked from 82

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1974
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by gkbill »

sonnyburnit wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 10:11pm
RPI Fieldhouse is another one that I liked from 82
Hello,

I was at that show - really lively/quality!

Red Angel
User avatar
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 245
Joined: 26 Sep 2013, 11:40am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Red Angel »

Down At The Casbah Club (Or ... The Return Of Tory Crimes) was one of the first bootlegs of the Clash I bought, perhaps the first one, the concert is from 11 July 1982 and not 17 as reported on the back cover, the group returned to London for two dates after many months and after traveling the world. A concert played very well for an enthusiastic audience, the sound is a bit confused, but you can not have everything ....

Image

Now that concert has been remastered by Marky Dread, better sound and complete form (on the bootleg was missing some song). What to say? Thank you.
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 5:48am
Down At The Casbah Club (Or ... The Return Of Tory Crimes) was one of the first bootlegs of the Clash I bought, perhaps the first one, the concert is from 11 July 1982 and not 17 as reported on the back cover, the group returned to London for two dates after many months and after traveling the world. A concert played very well for an enthusiastic audience, the sound is a bit confused, but you can not have everything ....

Image

Now that concert has been remastered by Marky Dread, better sound and complete form (on the bootleg was missing some song). What to say? Thank you.
Cheers mate hope you enjoy it.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

This one was requested by John "I don't have to give you any stinkin' badges" Heston. The two bob noodle muncher.

Newcastle City Hall, UK, jULY 14, 1982. Some judicious editing took place.

https://mega.nz/#!ntNCHShK!spwIqvqvKbGL ... 2-t6zY1eLU
Attachments
The Clash - Newcastle City Hall, UK, July 14, 1982 [1].jpg
The Clash - Newcastle City Hall, UK, July 14, 1982 [3].jpg
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 3:53pm
This one was requested by John "I don't have to give you any stinkin' badges" Heston. The two bob noodle muncher.
That sounds really nasty.
Some judicious editing took place.
What does that mean?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:16pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 3:53pm
This one was requested by John "I don't have to give you any stinkin' badges" Heston. The two bob noodle muncher.
That sounds really nasty.
Not really it's more a term of endearment.
Some judicious editing took place.
What does that mean?
It means I had to make some edits to the original recording due to the condition of the source. But it has been done with care and attention.
Image

white man
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1162
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by white man »

Nice. Was at this one. Ever thought about cleaning up the Mayfair June 80 gig Marky. Its quite a decent source. Apologies if its already out there. Seig Heil

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:48pm
Nice. Was at this one. Ever thought about cleaning up the Mayfair June 80 gig Marky. Its quite a decent source. Apologies if its already out there. Seig Heil
Ha! I will check that one out mate. I have 3 others on th go at the minute so I'll add that one to the list.
Image

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2615
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by laxman »

Thanks as always Marky. Just listening to Minstrel Boy on Global A Go-Go at the moment, so will take a listen to your remaster in a couple of days, when it has finished!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:16pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 3:53pm
This one was requested by John "I don't have to give you any stinkin' badges" Heston. The two bob noodle muncher.
That sounds really nasty.
Not really it's more a term of endearment.
Some judicious editing took place.
What does that mean?
It means I had to make some edits to the original recording due to the condition of the source. But it has been done with care and attention.
Just curious if you removed, I dunno, Paul going on a drunken Clapton-like rant.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply