Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Post Reply
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2017, 12:44pm

You lot? What? don't stop give it all you got!

I'm going to be posting up my remasters here so feel free to download them please don't re-post elsewhere. Please do listen and then post up thoughts and comments about the mix/shows etc. Don't just grab and run as these things take a lot of time and effort on my part and are a labour of love.

Thanks,
Marky
Last edited by Marky Dread on 02 Nov 2017, 11:38pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2017, 12:45pm

Gaffer tape, gaffer tape, gaffer tape...'ere comes Marky Dread with the gaffer tape!

https://mega.nz/#!Gw0XkSTR!B5rzWPhDaHpF ... cJT--WUCyA
Attachments
The Clash - The Palladium - New York Sep 21, 1979 [1].jpg
The Clash - The Palladium - New York Sep 21, 1979 [1].jpg (578.23 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
The Clash - The Palladium - New York Sep 21, 1979 [2].jpg
The Clash - The Palladium - New York Sep 21, 1979 [2].jpg (427.81 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
Image
Image

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 471
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by coffeepotman » 10 Sep 2017, 2:32pm

Nice Marky! You are too generous! This is one of my first, got the double lp, and one of my favs, haven't listened in a while can't wait to hear what magic you have done to it.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1527
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 10 Sep 2017, 2:41pm

The artwork rocks too!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2017, 2:55pm

coffeepotman wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:32pm
Nice Marky! You are too generous! This is one of my first, got the double lp, and one of my favs, haven't listened in a while can't wait to hear what magic you have done to it.
Cheers mate I had the triple coloured vinyl version with the soundcheck on one side only but it sounded awful so I sold it. It's a great ramshackle show and one of the first I owned on cassette back in the day.
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2017, 2:55pm

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:41pm
The artwork rocks too!
Thanks Teddy appreciated.
Image
Image

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1163
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Low Down Low » 10 Sep 2017, 2:59pm

Gimmee Honda! Gimmee Marky!
Great boots and no malarkey!

Great stuff marky. Will have a listen as soon as I can and let you know how great your work is.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by 101Walterton » 10 Sep 2017, 3:35pm

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:55pm
coffeepotman wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:32pm
Nice Marky! You are too generous! This is one of my first, got the double lp, and one of my favs, haven't listened in a while can't wait to hear what magic you have done to it.
Cheers mate I had the triple coloured vinyl version with the soundcheck on one side only but it sounded awful so I sold it. It's a great ramshackle show and one of the first I owned on cassette back in the day.
Isn't that the show where Paul smashes his bass during White Riot?

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3176
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Sep 2017, 3:39pm

Thanks, Marky. Downloading now.

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3176
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Sep 2017, 3:40pm

101Walterton wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 3:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:55pm
coffeepotman wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:32pm
Nice Marky! You are too generous! This is one of my first, got the double lp, and one of my favs, haven't listened in a while can't wait to hear what magic you have done to it.
Cheers mate I had the triple coloured vinyl version with the soundcheck on one side only but it sounded awful so I sold it. It's a great ramshackle show and one of the first I owned on cassette back in the day.
Isn't that the show where Paul smashes his bass during White Riot?
Sep 20th.

deny
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 220
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by deny » 10 Sep 2017, 4:02pm

Joining the Street Parade

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3176
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Sep 2017, 4:57pm

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 3:40pm
101Walterton wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 3:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:55pm
coffeepotman wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 2:32pm
Nice Marky! You are too generous! This is one of my first, got the double lp, and one of my favs, haven't listened in a while can't wait to hear what magic you have done to it.
Cheers mate I had the triple coloured vinyl version with the soundcheck on one side only but it sounded awful so I sold it. It's a great ramshackle show and one of the first I owned on cassette back in the day.
Isn't that the show where Paul smashes his bass during White Riot?
Sep 20th.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by 101Walterton » 10 Sep 2017, 5:02pm

Sorry was too lazy to check.

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3176
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Sep 2017, 5:10pm

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 12:45pm
Gaffer tape, gaffer tape, gaffer tape...'ere comes Marky Dread with the gaffer tape!
Re: the artwork, the 2 photos taken by Ebet Roberts with Joe wearing a purple shirt, are from the gig on the 20th (the night Simmo smashed his bass), not the 21st.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2017, 5:15pm

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 5:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 12:45pm
Gaffer tape, gaffer tape, gaffer tape...'ere comes Marky Dread with the gaffer tape!
Re: the artwork, the 2 photos taken by Ebet Roberts with Joe wearing a purple shirt, are from the gig on the 20th (the night Simmo smashed his bass), not the 21st.
Yep I'm well aware of the Clash history thanks mate. It's well known about 20th being the correct date for Paul's frustration. I couldn't find any pics I liked from the 21st so it is what is. I knew it was bound to get mentioned here and so we're talking about The Clash so win/win. ;)

Hey at least I didn't use the other pic of Paul smashing his bass. I love the pic of Joe playing the bass on the rear cover. I guess if people want a more factual thing they can always make some artwork for themselves however I'm more than pleased with this.
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests