Cut the Crap (Redux Edition)

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Cut the Crap (Redux Edition)

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Aug 2017, 2:29pm

Rip the carpet up, turn the music up......

https://mega.nz/#!C08DWKRK!wmGNGuSYurWG ... juBFpxX35o
Attachments
The Clash - Cut the Crap (Redux Edition) (1).jpg
The Clash - Cut the Crap (Redux Edition) (1).jpg (958.98 KiB) Viewed 730 times
The Clash - Cut the Crap (Redux Edition) (2).jpg
The Clash - Cut the Crap (Redux Edition) (2).jpg (528.5 KiB) Viewed 730 times

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Re: Cut the Crap (Redux Edition)

Post by Wolter » 15 Aug 2017, 2:59pm

Ok, let's see how well you polished this one...

Cheers!
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 15 Aug 2017, 3:13pm

On side to side of the first two tracks, this mix at least has more balls.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Aug 2017, 3:17pm

This isn't the first time you've worked in this, no? Regardless, downloaded and will listen to within a few days, I imagine. Have a bar of soap on me!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 15 Aug 2017, 3:21pm

Update - about 4 songs in. Definitely improvement. I mean, it's still Cut the Crap, but it's not as muted and weak sounding as the CD mix. I mean, it's still baffling cacophony, but it has some chest hair on it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Aug 2017, 3:43pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 3:17pm

This isn't the first time you've worked in this, no? Regardless, downloaded and will listen to within a few days, I imagine. Have a bar of soap on me!
I've done the strange remixes for eet week but I've not attempted any proper mix on the album before. I tried to strip away some of the ahem crap. Like some of the radio talk on Diictator for example. I broke down the left and right channels of the tracks then remixed into mono then played around and back to a stereo track. Impossible to work any kind of miracle but an improvement in my opinion on some of the original mixes albeit subtle in places.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 15 Aug 2017, 3:49pm

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've done the strange remixes for eet week but I've not attempted any proper mix on the album before. I tried to strip away some of the ahem crap. Like some of the radio talk on Diictator for example. I broke down the left and right channels of the tracks then remixed into mono then played around and back to a stereo track. Impossible to work any kind of miracle but an improvement in my opinion on some of the original mixes albeit subtle in places.
Dictator is definitely less painful to hear. I'm picking up spoken word parts better as well.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Aug 2017, 3:51pm

Wolter wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 3:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Dictator is definitely less painful to hear. I'm picking up spoken word parts better as well.
Yep you can hear a few more things like some semblance of clarity. The original mix of Dictator is just so claustrophobic.

coffeepotman
Junco Partner

Post by coffeepotman » 15 Aug 2017, 6:11pm

This is interesting, it's very good but you can only go so far, I think it's a very good job given the source material.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Aug 2017, 6:26pm

coffeepotman wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 6:11pm
This is interesting, it's very good but you can only go so far, I think it's a very good job given the source material.
Only wish there was more I could play around with but if you tamper with what's available any further it just sounds worse. A lot of the sounds are hard panned in and unremovable.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Aug 2017, 6:40pm

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 6:26pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Only wish there was more I could play around with but if you tamper with what's available any further it just sounds worse. A lot of the sounds are hard panned in and unremovable.
What an odd thing to consider.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Aug 2017, 7:03pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 6:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Well all that's left other than what I've done with this mix is to add stuff like reverb and stereo panning and it does sound worse with any more effects. But yeah could it really get any worse. ;)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory » 15 Aug 2017, 7:11pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 6:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
lol
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston » 15 Aug 2017, 7:19pm

I've downloaded and will listen tomorrow but we need the multitracks to be honest. So much could be done with them.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Aug 2017, 8:05pm

Heston wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 7:19pm
I've downloaded and will listen tomorrow but we need the multitracks to be honest. So much could be done with them.