"Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Post Reply
Jimmygu3
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 2:49pm

"Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Jimmygu3 » 29 Jul 2017, 3:06pm

Hi all. New member, lifelong fan. My band Space Giants is working on a cover of Rock 'n' Roll City for a RSD 2018 release. Unfortunately, I can't understand a word Joe is saying in the only recording I know of (Out of Control demos). I thought maybe someone here would have some insight. Thanks in advance!

-Jimmy

(song starts @29:03)

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8849
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Inder » 03 Aug 2017, 10:58am

They're really hard to make out — I think I hear something about love and rock 'n' roll living. I'll have a closer listen later and see if I can decipher anything.

The song sounds like a souped-up 101ers number, so you could probably just smack the words to something like Sweet of the St. Moritz over it for maximum effect.

IIRC, Nick's tape didn't have names for the tracks, so some creativity was involved when we put them online (ie: Backwoods Drive, Rock 'n Roll City).

Jimmygu3
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 2:49pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Jimmygu3 » 03 Aug 2017, 11:14pm

Inder wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 10:58am
They're really hard to make out — I think I hear something about love and rock 'n' roll living. I'll have a closer listen later and see if I can decipher anything.

The song sounds like a souped-up 101ers number, so you could probably just smack the words to something like Sweet of the St. Moritz over it for maximum effect.

IIRC, Nick's tape didn't have names for the tracks, so some creativity was involved when we put them online (ie: Backwoods Drive, Rock 'n Roll City).
Thanks, Inder! Great idea about using 101ers lyrics. And good to know that it was you guys who posted the demos and titled the tracks as best you could. Let me know if you make out any words, even if you're not sure. Thanks!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37994
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Aug 2017, 11:49am

OK Jimmy here's my best attempt at the lyrics. I think the lyrics may have been partly inspired by the movie "Scarface" and the IRA terrorists.

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Hey!
This is sin city
Wave your shiny locks
Do you really want
Those feelings of loss

When you're getting hot
See's her daddy for a fox
I don't know the meanings
to put you on the box

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Let's Go!

Yeah!
You were making too much
There's a problem with the guns
Well you make what you want
Then you turn to highs

you make the same apology
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging bog seats
with custom made parts

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

Hey!
Past the legal limit
Can you use the law
Got to find a living
To get outta that farm
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."
Image

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8849
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Inder » 04 Aug 2017, 12:00pm

Great work, Marky!

I retract my 101ers observation. This is Earthquake Weather "doing a dance called the Robocop / this gesture means I love you" territory.

Jimmygu3
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 2:49pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Jimmygu3 » 04 Aug 2017, 11:37pm

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:49am
OK Jimmy here's my best attempt at the lyrics. I think the lyrics may have been partly inspired by the movie "Scarface" and the IRA terrorists.

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Hey!
This is sin city
Wave your shiny locks
Do you really want
Those feelings of loss

When you're getting hot
See's her daddy for a fox
I don't know the meanings
to put you on the box

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Let's Go!

Yeah!
You were making too much
There's a problem with the guns
Well you make what you want
Then you turn to highs

you make the same apology
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging bog seats
with custom made parts

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

Hey!
Past the legal limit
Can you use the law
Got to find a living
To get outta that farm
Holy shit, that's great! There are a few places I hear something slightly different, but nothing that makes more sense. "Problem with the guns", I'm hearing more about "government..." something. And "bog seats" I hear "prophesy". But damn! Thank you so much, Marky!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37994
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Marky Dread » 05 Aug 2017, 4:43am

Jimmygu3 wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:49am
OK Jimmy here's my best attempt at the lyrics. I think the lyrics may have been partly inspired by the movie "Scarface" and the IRA terrorists.

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Hey!
This is sin city
Wave your shiny locks
Do you really want
Those feelings of loss

When you're getting hot
See's her daddy for a fox
I don't know the meanings
to put you on the box

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Let's Go!

Yeah!
You were making too much
There's a problem with the guns
Well you make what you want
Then you turn to highs

you make the same apology
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging bog seats
with custom made parts

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

Hey!
Past the legal limit
Can you use the law
Got to find a living
To get outta that farm
Holy shit, that's great! There are a few places I hear something slightly different, but nothing that makes more sense. "Problem with the guns", I'm hearing more about "government..." something. And "bog seats" I hear "prophesy". But damn! Thank you so much, Marky!
No problem. I guess as we don't fully know the completed lyrics it's good to go with whatever you like. Best of luck with recording the track and I look forward to hearing the finished song.

Edit: Re-listened and I think you are correct Jimmy. I think it is this :

Yeah!
You were making too much
Said the government guys
Well you made what you want
Then you turn to highs

You've made the same apologies
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging prophecies
With custom made parts ...or maybe (In custom made cars)?

...much better.
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."
Image

Jimmygu3
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 2:49pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Jimmygu3 » 05 Aug 2017, 11:03am

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Aug 2017, 4:43am
Jimmygu3 wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:49am
OK Jimmy here's my best attempt at the lyrics. I think the lyrics may have been partly inspired by the movie "Scarface" and the IRA terrorists.

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Hey!
This is sin city
Wave your shiny locks
Do you really want
Those feelings of loss

When you're getting hot
See's her daddy for a fox
I don't know the meanings
to put you on the box

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Let's Go!

Yeah!
You were making too much
There's a problem with the guns
Well you make what you want
Then you turn to highs

you make the same apology
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging bog seats
with custom made parts

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

Hey!
Past the legal limit
Can you use the law
Got to find a living
To get outta that farm
Holy shit, that's great! There are a few places I hear something slightly different, but nothing that makes more sense. "Problem with the guns", I'm hearing more about "government..." something. And "bog seats" I hear "prophesy". But damn! Thank you so much, Marky!
No problem. I guess as we don't fully know the completed lyrics it's good to go with whatever you like. Best of luck with recording the track and I look forward to hearing the finished song.

Edit: Re-listened and I think you are correct Jimmy. I think it is this :

Yeah!
You were making too much
Said the government guys
Well you made what you want
Then you turn to highs

You've made the same apologies
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging prophecies
With custom made parts ...or maybe (In custom made cars)?

...much better.
I love it! You've really got a knack for this. FYI, since it's for a RSD release, I won't be allowed to share the track until then.

Thanks again!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37994
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Marky Dread » 05 Aug 2017, 12:50pm

Jimmygu3 wrote:
05 Aug 2017, 11:03am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Aug 2017, 4:43am
Jimmygu3 wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:49am
OK Jimmy here's my best attempt at the lyrics. I think the lyrics may have been partly inspired by the movie "Scarface" and the IRA terrorists.

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Hey!
This is sin city
Wave your shiny locks
Do you really want
Those feelings of loss

When you're getting hot
See's her daddy for a fox
I don't know the meanings
to put you on the box

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

This is the limit
Can you use the law
Fighting for a living
To be out of their grasp

Let's Go!

Yeah!
You were making too much
There's a problem with the guns
Well you make what you want
Then you turn to highs

you make the same apology
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging bog seats
with custom made parts

Hey!
I believe in people
With all the love
See the world in you
Seize the world in one

Hey!
Past the legal limit
Can you use the law
Got to find a living
To get outta that farm
Holy shit, that's great! There are a few places I hear something slightly different, but nothing that makes more sense. "Problem with the guns", I'm hearing more about "government..." something. And "bog seats" I hear "prophesy". But damn! Thank you so much, Marky!
No problem. I guess as we don't fully know the completed lyrics it's good to go with whatever you like. Best of luck with recording the track and I look forward to hearing the finished song.

Edit: Re-listened and I think you are correct Jimmy. I think it is this :

Yeah!
You were making too much
Said the government guys
Well you made what you want
Then you turn to highs

You've made the same apologies
With idealistic hearts
Well! arranging prophecies
With custom made parts ...or maybe (In custom made cars)?

...much better.
I love it! You've really got a knack for this. FYI, since it's for a RSD release, I won't be allowed to share the track until then.

Thanks again!
Cheers Jimmy. All the best!
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."
Image

Jimmygu3
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 2:49pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Jimmygu3 » 24 Apr 2018, 9:32pm

Hey Marky!

Thanks again for the lyrics help. Here’s a link to listen to the tune. It came out on Recutting the Crap vol 2 on RSD. We gave you a shout out on the liner notes!

-Jimmy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qokghzx4d3be1 ... y.mp3?dl=0
Attachments
93B80899-0217-4767-8350-8A54B4E8225E.jpeg
93B80899-0217-4767-8350-8A54B4E8225E.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 2441 times
21A1CE48-6E41-4660-95FF-4F66A0F20264.jpeg
21A1CE48-6E41-4660-95FF-4F66A0F20264.jpeg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 2441 times

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16327
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by 101Walterton » 25 Apr 2018, 2:09am

Jimmygu3 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 9:32pm
Hey Marky!

Thanks again for the lyrics help. Here’s a link to listen to the tune. It came out on Recutting the Crap vol 2 on RSD. We gave you a shout out on the liner notes!

-Jimmy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qokghzx4d3be1 ... y.mp3?dl=0
Good on you Jimmy

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37994
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Apr 2018, 7:46am

Jimmygu3 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 9:32pm
Hey Marky!

Thanks again for the lyrics help. Here’s a link to listen to the tune. It came out on Recutting the Crap vol 2 on RSD. We gave you a shout out on the liner notes!

-Jimmy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qokghzx4d3be1 ... y.mp3?dl=0
Very cool Jimmy! Thanks for sharing and appreciate the mention. :approve:
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."
Image

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3323
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 25 Apr 2018, 9:40pm

Jimmygu3 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 9:32pm
Hey Marky!

Thanks again for the lyrics help. Here’s a link to listen to the tune. It came out on Recutting the Crap vol 2 on RSD. We gave you a shout out on the liner notes!

-Jimmy
Chairman Ralph, also a member of IMCT, covers “Beyond The Pale” on RTC Vol. 2’s The Future Was Unwritten.

Jimmygu3
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 2:49pm

Re: "Rock 'n' Roll City" Lyrics?

Post by Jimmygu3 » 25 Apr 2018, 11:00pm

Rock on, Ralph!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests