Clash Film...

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Clash Film...

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 4:06pm
tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 3:59pm
Silent Majority wrote:
18 Feb 2017, 5:25pm
In the David Cronenberg version, Mick slowly transforms into a painful man-guitar hybrid in an icky metaphor for terminal illness.
In the Judd Apatow version, Mick Jones leaves the band after the US Festival, and goes on a long walk, but Joe chases him down and tells him how much their friendship means, then the Clash reforms and makes 30 platinum records.
In the M. Night Shamalan version the Clash was the Jam all along.
The George Lucas version constantly tinkers with Topper's appearance until he's finally replaced with a CGI version that can be successfully marketed as a toy. Also, Joe and Mick are actually brothers and Bernie is their dad.
In the Wes Anderson version the story is pretty accurate, but instead of guitars, the Clash is mostly xylophones and wind chimes.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
In the David Cronenberg version, Mick slowly transforms into a painful man-guitar hybrid in an icky metaphor for terminal illness.
In the Judd Apatow version, Mick Jones leaves the band after the US Festival, and goes on a long walk, but Joe chases him down and tells him how much their friendship means, then the Clash reforms and makes 30 platinum records.
The George Lucas version constantly tinkers with Topper's appearance until he's finally replaced with a CGI version that can be successfully marketed as a toy. Also, Joe and Mick are actually brothers and Bernie is their dad.
In the Wes Anderson version the story is pretty accurate, but instead of guitars, the Clash is mostly xylophones and wind chimes.
The Martin Scorcese version changed the setting to New York and, well, fine, the movie was actually about New York.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

henchman
Corner Soul

Post by henchman »

Hahahahaha.
Actually. I think Scorsese is the only American director who should have been an option.
He knows gritty, and he's a Clash fan.
Http://www.london-calling.com

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 4:58pm
The Martin Scorcese version changed the setting to New York and, well, fine, the movie was actually about New York.
I like the part when Mick looks in the mirror and says "Should I stay or should I go? I'm the only one here."

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
The John Waters version replaced Joe with a giant lobster and Paul eats Benies poo off of an amp.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Inder wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 2:27pm
Guys, I'm beginning to think maybe this movie wasn't made for huge Clash nerds. 🤔
True. I couldn't bear more than a few moments. Those moments were awful and bewildering. I skipped ahead to get a sense of how bad it was, and the part that got me before I had to stop it was seeing that the guy playing Mick was heavyset and had a brown mullet. At that point I had to stop it before I had a stroke.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
The Coen Brothers version was really good, but the only award it will ever win is Best Original Screenplay
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 5:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

The John Waters version replaced Joe with a giant lobster and Paul eats Benies poo off of an amp.
Now THAT I would love to see.

Also, i don't know if I have mentioned this, but Jonathan Rhys Meyers is FORTY and playing a 24-year-old.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2017, 11:42am
Also, i don't know if I have mentioned this, but Jonathan Rhys Meyers is FORTY and playing a 24-year-old.
But he has the mind of a 24 year old.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2017, 11:42am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 5:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Now THAT I would love to see.

That sounds like Joe to me 😄

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i added it to my NF queue

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I like the part when Mick looks in the mirror and says "Should I stay or should I go? I'm the only one here."
Gods lonely Mick. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia