How about some new Clash "product" for 2017

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: How about some new Clash "product" for 2017

Post by Wolter »

Wolter wrote:
11 Feb 2017, 6:34pm
Flex wrote:
11 Feb 2017, 6:24pm
Whoever slapshot is, they have a good as hell screen name.

Also, can't wait for Mick's new mixtape to drop.
I hope he and Adam WarRock do a whole mixtape about Kamala Khan.
I was joking, but now I want this.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
11 Feb 2017, 6:42pm
Wolter wrote:
11 Feb 2017, 6:34pm
Flex wrote:
11 Feb 2017, 6:24pm
Whoever slapshot is, they have a good as hell screen name.

Also, can't wait for Mick's new mixtape to drop.
I hope he and Adam WarRock do a whole mixtape about Kamala Khan.
I was joking, but now I want this.
Instead, you get Mick Jones and Billy Joel Interpret Each Other. Some of it, I understand, will be musical.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

henchman
Corner Soul

Post by henchman »

And theres the musical "London Calling" if you're in LA this spring.

Www.london-calling.com
Http://www.london-calling.com

henchman
Corner Soul

Post by henchman »

Fringe-postcard-V2.png
Fringe-postcard-V2.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 5735 times

henchman
Corner Soul

Post by henchman »

Fringe-postcard-V2.png

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

"amusical" is probably just a kerning mistake, but perhaps it's a description of the show.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 6:08pm
"amusical" is probably just a kerning mistake, but perhaps it's a description of the show.
Oh, you graphic artist gagster you …

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 6:13pm
Kory wrote:
Oh, you graphic artist gagster you …

BasingSt78
Corner Soul

Post by BasingSt78 »

white man wrote:
11 Feb 2017, 8:02am
Black Swan Gig? i think not. You are 100% correct WM. The footage I saw was shot from facing the right side of the stage, and Levene was not in the frame. I'm pretty sure the whole stage was visible. So it had to be post Black Swan, but MAN it was an early gig. REAL early. If that 30 seconds or so exists, so does the rest probably. The video and audio quality were excellent. It is so frustrating when you get small examples like this. I'm assuming it was Don, because of the location, and quality. Of course I want a recording of every note they fooled about with at Rehearsals, and every gig, but good luck to me with that, right? I've read so many Clash books, and in one Foote tells of reusing cassettes to tape 101ers gigs. What a waste. Everyone knew they had caught lightning in a bottle- why not record everything for posterity? I know money was very tight for them in the beginning, that is where Bernie should have ( and maybe did) step in. If for no other reason than to assure his precious legacy. So, cheers, my mistake. BasingSt

BasingSt78
Corner Soul

Post by BasingSt78 »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 7:56pm
Just to disagree with a small point of a post that I think is mostly on point, I don't think that 2017 Mick wants to rap at all.
Yes, I stand humiliated. I was a bit harsh on old Mick. I do remember reading Mick had cassettes of NYC rap radio broadcasts sent express mail to him. He was totally infatuated with this new musical genre, as we all know. BasingSt

BasingSt78
Corner Soul

Post by BasingSt78 »

muppet hi fi wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 8:22pm
BasingSt78 wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 7:38pm
It took 30+ years for the St. Paul soundboard to drop, so you never know... BasingSt
Which St. Paul show has a board mix? I was at all three ('79, '82 and '84) and have the boots for all of them and they're all audience recordings. You know something I don't, mate? :huh:
My mistake MHF. Sorry if I got your hopes up, I was thinking of Akron. An amazingly crisp, complete mixing desk recording just appears out of the ether after three decades plus. It is things such as this that fuels my appetite. I want MORE. Scratch that, I want it ALL. Every scrap of tape, video, whether it be from the audience, studio or mixing desk. They were such an important band, and meant so much to so many people, it is hard to accept so many gigs and many hours of studio work were either never recorded, or if they were, we will likely never have access to them. BasingSt

henchman
Corner Soul

Post by henchman »

Kory wrote:
There's definitely a space. The font makes it seem to not be there.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BasingSt78 wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 7:38pm
I think it is pretty clear the remaining members of Clash I have washed their hands of us. Paul wants to be known as a a painter, Mick still wants to be a rapper, and who knows about Tops. My assertion remains unchanged that the only unreleased material will remain hoarded for some time to come. 1977 was 40 years ago. During that time even The Stooges allowed Rhino to release every second of tape from the "Funhouse" sessions. Sony could do the same with the dozens of takes of every track on GEER. What did Sound System gives us that we did not already have? A crisper version of the Beaconsfield demos, a sonically improved first LP. That is about it. FHTE should have been a 7 CD box set, one CD for every year Mick was in the band.

The amount of unreleased audio and video is probably staggering. The BBC Clash retrospective had a tiny B&W clip of a VERY early Clash show- I suspect it might have even been the Black Swan gig. Probably the whole show exists. Will we ever see it? Likely not. It always aggravates me when record companies complain about audience recording. The only reason it happens is because the real, true fans like us want MORE. However that is an entirely different subject. Unless Bernie has some sort of epiphany, or his flat gets burgled, our only hope lies with insiders like Don Letts. Mick probably has a lot of live/studio recordings, but will never get over being asked to leave. His ego is too big to allow a fresh spotlight to shine on how brilliant Clash I was. As for Clash II, well it is if that never happened. Hope springs eternal, my pessimism has not made me stop searching. It took 30+ years for the St. Paul soundboard to drop, so you never know... BasingSt
I thought those small clips were of the early line-up filmed through the window at Rehearsal Rehearsals. I wonder how much other footage used to form that BBC doc Julian has left over.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

henchman wrote:
14 Feb 2017, 12:49am
Kory wrote:
This is while you'll always be henching, never arching.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Feb 2017, 8:15pm
henchman wrote:
14 Feb 2017, 12:49am
Kory wrote:
This is while you'll always be henching, never arching.
Good news and bad news: You may never be so goddamned witty again in your life. But, man, you scaled a high peak there.