Joe & The Pogues album

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Joe & The Pogues album

Post by Silent Majority »

Kirsty's so underrated. They Don't Know is a complete classic. Great Croydon girl.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote: Funny cause when I first heard the wonderful "Tuesday Morning" I was completely sure it was Joe singing. Wasn't til I got the album I realized it was Spider.
That's a great track.
My favourite Pogues track ever, probably in my all time top ten tracks. I think I've mentioned before it was their biggest UK hit that wasn't a collaboration. Go Spider!
Yeah, a gorgeous, perfect song. But it was bigger even than Fairytale of New York? (or is that considered more a collaboration).
Kisrty ...so a collaboration.
I guess I figured. Though it's technically a Pogues song and album. But also probably considered a Christmas/novelty tune by now (I love it even in June!).
And Speaking of Kirsty - "Lorelei" from 'Peace and Love is deffo in my top 10 Pogues. Phil could really write 'em.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Silent Majority wrote:Kirsty's so underrated. They Don't Know is a complete classic. Great Croydon girl.
She really is. She had it all, everything. Although not really representative of her work (though what was? She could do it all), this song and video still chokes me up. Odd in that it's a funky dancey number. Those lyrics...
[youtube][/youtube]
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Kirsty's so underrated. They Don't Know is a complete classic. Great Croydon girl.
She really is. She had it all, everything. Although not really representative of her work (though what was? She could do it all), this song and video still chokes me up. Odd in that it's a funky dancey number. Those lyrics...
[youtube][/youtube]
Great track.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Keith
Corner Soul

Post by Keith »

I imagine everyone's heard of this already, but just in case: the Joe & the Pogues album gets released as a 2LP set on Record Store Day. The link below has audio for If I Should Fall at the bottom of the page:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2014/ ... pogues-mor

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Fuck, I seem to have mislaid my Joe and the Pogues live album. Hadn't ripped it to my computer either. Can any kind soul upload please?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:Fuck, I seem to have mislaid my Joe and the Pogues live album. Hadn't ripped it to my computer either. Can any kind soul upload please?
On it. Gimme 15 mins or so.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:Fuck, I seem to have mislaid my Joe and the Pogues live album. Hadn't ripped it to my computer either. Can any kind soul upload please?
On it. Gimme 15 mins or so.
Sweet.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board