Strummservations

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Re: Strummservations

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 08 Sep 2017, 8:56pm

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 4:33am
Joe’s friends were a bit sensitive after his passing and I don’t think they all trusted Dick Rude to do right by Joe. As was mentioned, Don took particular exception. I don’t think Gerry was thrilled either, despite being featured at the campfire. I can’t remember how Josh felt about it. Everyone thought a bit that Joe should be seen at that point in a shining light.
The campfire is in TFIU.

When Rudy attended the San Fran screening of LRA, he didn’t say anything negative about the Boardwalk scene or the movie in general.

The Boardwalk scene seemed set up/tongue in cheek to me, but the casual fan/viewer might not get that and feel bad for Joe.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 09 Sep 2017, 5:28pm

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 8:56pm
Joe’s friends were a bit sensitive after his passing and I don’t think they all trusted Dick Rude to do right by Joe. As was mentioned, Don took particular exception. I don’t think Gerry was thrilled either, despite being featured at the campfire. I can’t remember how Josh felt about it. Everyone thought a bit that Joe should be seen at that point in a shining light.
The campfire is in TFIU.

When Rudy attended the San Fran screening of LRA, he didn’t say anything negative about the Boardwalk scene or the movie in general.

The Boardwalk scene seemed set up/tongue in cheek to me, but the casual fan/viewer might not get that and feel bad for Joe.
Rudy is not the same as Don or Mick or Gerry or Josh. They don't accept Danny Garcia or any of that stuff either.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 09 Sep 2017, 8:38pm

09 Sep 2017, 5:28pm
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 8:56pm
The campfire is in TFIU.

Rudy is not the same as Don or Mick or Gerry or Josh. They don't accept Danny Garcia or any of that stuff either.
Point taken. Rudy just likes that there are movies about The Clash and Joe.