Mission to find Joe Strummer's home

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Mission to find Joe Strummer's home

Post by FarawayTowns »

Just seen this enjoyable little video that may be of interest. Don't think it's been posted here before.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Mission to find Joe Strummer's home

Post by Sparky »

FarawayTowns wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 7:22pm
Just seen this enjoyable little video that may be of interest. Don't think it's been posted here before.

That was amazing, thanks for sharing it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Yeah i enjoyed that, thanks. Bridgewater was my last Strummer gig. Fond memories indeed.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Sparky wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 9:24pm
FarawayTowns wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 7:22pm

That was amazing, thanks for sharing it.
My pleasure glad that you enjoyed it.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Low Down Low wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 8:18am
Yeah i enjoyed that, thanks. Bridgewater was my last Strummer gig. Fond memories indeed.
Bridgwater was also my last Strummer gig. Watching the video reminded me it was also the last time I visited Bridgwater. Made me feel it's overdue a time visit. For nostalgia purposes if nothing else.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

FarawayTowns wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 10:03am
Low Down Low wrote:
Bridgwater was also my last Strummer gig. Watching the video reminded me it was also the last time I visited Bridgwater. Made me feel it's overdue a time visit. For nostalgia purposes if nothing else.
First and only time for me. I'd come down from the Newport gig the night before (i think!) and the hotel on main street was all full as all the meskies were staying in it so found a b&b around the corner. I thought I'd get to see loads more gigs but fate had other plans as things turned out.

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Thanks for posting!
I cant put into words how much i loved that video, he seems such a genuine, great guy just telling a story from his past with video.
By the end i was almost in tears. :mrgreen:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Really great video...I've often thought with making a documentary called " Searching for Joe" or something like that...just visiting the landmark locations in his life and hopefully finding people that new him etc...just needs a load of cash/time and I'm on it!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

marvellous

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

XRCF wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 11:35am
Thanks for posting!
I cant put into words how much i loved that video, he seems such a genuine, great guy just telling a story from his past with video.
Spot on. Being honest, I'm generally sceptical about these sort of things but his genuineness quickly won me over and particularly liked the bit about meeting Luce on the lane. Restored my faith in humanity for a bit at least!

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Low Down Low wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 11:18am
FarawayTowns wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 10:03am
Low Down Low wrote:
First and only time for me. I'd come down from the Newport gig the night before (i think!) and the hotel on main street was all full as all the meskies were staying in it so found a b&b around the corner. I thought I'd get to see loads more gigs but fate had other plans as things turned out.
I also stayed in a b&b about 2 minutes walk from the venue.
Recall that there were two virtually next door to one another. I spotted a few people post gig going into the one I didn't stay in. Didn't see anyone from the gig in mine.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

XRCF wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 11:35am
Thanks for posting!
My pleasure. I started watching with a bit of scepticism so was pleasantly surprised. It was a great story and the narrator
came across as likeable character and a lot different to a lot of those type of video makers.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Lovely fellow. I like the bright smile at the end.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Hometrek
Corner Soul

Post by Hometrek »

Hi, I'm Tom and I'm the chap that made this video. I saw in YouTube analytics that someone had posted a link here and that piqued my interest so I've signed up :)

It lovely to read the nice complimentary words on here, thank you so much and I'm glad you enjoyed the vid. It was obviously a joy to make, what a privilege! It does spark a question in me though. What is it about other things you've watched that made you sceptical of this one at first?
For me I do see a lot of vids where you can just see the person thinks they are it and that does put me off. Also some are just too slick aren't they but it did surprise that some of you seem to have clicked and watched whilst thinking you were going to be watching a bit of a d**K. I do that too ofc but am just interested in your YouTube experiences :D

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Hometrek wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 5:43am
Hi, I'm Tom and I'm the chap that made this video. I saw in YouTube analytics that someone had posted a link here and that piqued my interest so I've signed up :)

It lovely to read the nice complimentary words on here, thank you so much and I'm glad you enjoyed the vid. It was obviously a joy to make, what a privilege! It does spark a question in me though. What is it about other things you've watched that made you sceptical of this one at first?
For me I do see a lot of vids where you can just see the person thinks they are it and that does put me off. Also some are just too slick aren't they but it did surprise that some of you seem to have clicked and watched whilst thinking you were going to be watching a bit of a d**K. I do that too ofc but am just interested in your YouTube experiences :D
For me the most important thing is sincerity. Genuine fans are not after credibility but just want to show their passion.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia