This echo machine costs nothing...

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

This echo machine costs nothing...

Post by coffeepotman »

This is an extended version of Ishen originally done by Max Romeo and called a Quarter Pound of I'cense that you can and should download!

I always loved this song and this is my favorite version stretched out a bit so if you dig on the Ishen then you should dig on this
https://we.tl/t-KhWFhPBmNp

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: This echo machine costs nothing...

Post by Low Down Low »

coffeepotman wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 10:51am
This is an extended version of Ishen originally done by Max Romeo and called a Quarter Pound of I'cense that you can and should download!

I always loved this song and this is my favorite version stretched out a bit so if you dig on the Ishen then you should dig on this
I remember this but haven't heard it in years, is it from House of Blues show? Has the great audio anyway. Great song, really love the version on one of the Tokyo shows, though not as pristine sound as this.

Edit: actually having listened to it, it's actually a studio recording i've never come across before. Yeah, really dig it and curious to know where it came from. Thanks for posting it.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 1:39pm
coffeepotman wrote:

I remember this but haven't heard it in years, is it from House of Blues show? Has the great audio anyway. Great song, really love the version on one of the Tokyo shows, though not as pristine sound as this.

Edit: actually having listened to it, it's actually a studio recording i've never come across before. Yeah, really dig it and curious to know where it came from. Thanks for posting it.
You know, I'm not sure where this came from, I think maybe from the Rocking Again soundtrack. I know he played it in Tokyo but not this version.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

coffeepotman wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 1:52pm
Low Down Low wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 1:39pm
coffeepotman wrote:

You know, I'm not sure where this came from, I think maybe from the Rocking Again soundtrack. I know he played it in Tokyo but not this version.
Yeah, i was looking around and seems it was done for the Let's Rock Again film so it was performed live but not in front of an audience. It's great anyway, cheers.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I'm glad you like it, it is really one of my favorite songs by him, too bad he didn't record it, for well Streetcore I guess, but what we got is great! I love the "echo machine" talk.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

It's from Fukuoka Festival, Fukuoka City, Japan, September 28, 2002.

It's on the "Meantime Vibes Live" set included in the "Without People You're Nothing" box set I shared with you all.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 3:50pm

It's on the "Meantime Vibes Live" set included in the "Without People You're Nothing" box set I shared with you all.

Excellent! Thank you Marky for clarification, I've had it for awhile, so I must have had that boot at one time one time in the past. Probably lost it in the fire that we had 10 years ago.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 5:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 3:50pm

Excellent! Thank you Marky for clarification, I've had it for awhile, so I must have had that boot at one time one time in the past. Probably lost it in the fire that we had 10 years ago.
It's a quality track and Joe does a great cover.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia