Earthquake Weather Redux

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Earthquake Weather Redux

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 6:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 3:11am

That's fine as that means Dr. Medulla will get to hear it. Assuming he's used his hobo skills to snaffle a nice stereo from somewhere.
revbob says stuff—or people, anyway—found in abandoned gas stations have viruses.
Yeah just leave Kaleb at the gas station and take the acetate only. It will probably only have a mild virus. A little whiskey and you'll be fine.
Only a little whiskey? No deal!
For the virus then yes. As for the hobo hoedown after party you can drink until you fall down.
Sir, that is a slur! It is a vagabond cotillion.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 9:05am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 6:02am

revbob says stuff—or people, anyway—found in abandoned gas stations have viruses.
Yeah just leave Kaleb at the gas station and take the acetate only. It will probably only have a mild virus. A little whiskey and you'll be fine.
Only a little whiskey? No deal!
For the virus then yes. As for the hobo hoedown after party you can drink until you fall down.
Sir, that is a slur! It is a vagabond cotillion.
After a few whiskeys no one will care what it's called. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Marky, this remaster sounds 100% better than the official EW release! I've been listening to it my car, its amazing how much better Joe's vocals are in the mix along with clarity of the instruments. Sikorsky Parts was my favorite song when I first listened to the album back in 1989, the remastered version is badass! Thanks for the time and effort you put into this!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

daredevil wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 9:33pm
Marky, this remaster sounds 100% better than the official EW release! I've been listening to it my car, its amazing how much better Joe's vocals are in the mix along with clarity of the instruments. Sikorsky Parts was my favorite song when I first listened to the album back in 1989, the remastered version is badass! Thanks for the time and effort you put into this!
Hey dd real glad you are enjoying it. I'm chuffed with the mix. It's nice that people are getting some e enjoyment from it.😎👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 4:26am
daredevil wrote:
Hey dd real glad you are enjoying it. I'm chuffed with the mix. It's nice that people are getting some e enjoyment from it.😎👍
With the remastered sound, the new song sequence and I haven't listened to EW in a very long time; It's almost like listening to a new Joe album for me. Thanks again Marky!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

daredevil wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 10:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 4:26am
daredevil wrote:
With the remastered sound, the new song sequence and I haven't listened to EW in a very long time; It's almost like listening to a new Joe album for me. Thanks again Marky!
A pleasure mate.😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tbelcher
Corner Soul

Post by tbelcher »

Thanks again for all the hard work Marky! Somehow I missed the link (apparently spending too much time only in the Last Gang in Town forum....). Anyone willing to PM a link?

Cheers!

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

tbelcher wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 12:59am
Thanks again for all the hard work Marky! Somehow I missed the link (apparently spending too much time only in the Last Gang in Town forum....). Anyone willing to PM a link?

Cheers!
sent :mrgreen:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Just listening to Jewellers and Bums from the remaster. The mix on the vocal is spot on and the BV's are dialled right back.

That must have taken ages to get without tons of artefacts.
All this detail rescued from a factory pressed cd is pretty re-Marky-able. Great work, Mr. Dread.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 5:27am
Just listening to Jewellers and Bums from the remaster. The mix on the vocal is spot on and the BV's are dialled right back.

That must have taken ages to get without tons of artefacts.
All this detail rescued from a factory pressed cd is pretty re-Marky-able. Great work, Mr. Dread.
Thanks mate. Just trial and error really. Make loads of mixes and pick the best.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or whether it's just me (it usually is!), but i was listening to J&B earlier and was suddenly struck by the vocal similarities with Jericho/Ammunition. Not a recycling or anything close, just a couple of lines with similar tone and rhythm.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2023, 1:38pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or whether it's just me (it usually is!), but i was listening to J&B earlier and was suddenly struck by the vocal similarities with Jericho/Ammunition. Not a recycling or anything close, just a couple of lines with similar tone and rhythm.
Never noticed this but will have a listen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2023, 5:09pm
Low Down Low wrote:
It had never occurred to me before and i don't know why it cropped up now but when Joe sings the line "Jewellers and bums, barflops and nuns" for some bizarre reason the opening line of Jericho popped straight into my head; just seemed a natural segue. Not sure it's much more than that really, they're clearly quite distinct songs.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2023, 5:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
It had never occurred to me before and i don't know why it cropped up now but when Joe sings the line "Jewellers and bums, barflops and nuns" for some bizarre reason the opening line of Jericho popped straight into my head; just seemed a natural segue. Not sure it's much more than that really, they're clearly quite distinct songs.
Yeah just played them both and it feels like the phrasing is very similar.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2023, 5:31pm
Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2023, 5:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah just played them both and it feels like the phrasing is very similar.
Yeah, similar cadence, same amount of syllables etc. Good to know it wasn't just me for once anyway!