What More Do We Expect?

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Carpentologist
Dirty Punk

What More Do We Expect?

Post by Carpentologist »

Now that the long awaited anthology has arrived, what more do people expect/anticipate in the future?
For me it sort of serves as a taster of just how much material exists from the various sessions/sources that took place during the “Wilderness Years!”
At the very least I’d be expecting an Earthquake Weather reissue, possibly for its 30th anniversary next year? An expanded Permanent Record perhaps? More Sid and Nancy tracks?
I just can’t imagine Warner/Chappell acquiring the publishing rights for however much they invested without planning to release as much as possible for its investment!
What do others anticipate?

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: What More Do We Expect?

Post by JohnS »

... not forgetting a Fat Les retrospective... :mrgreen:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

An official version of Quarter Pound Of Ishen please

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

EW will be rereleased. I dont think Ignition has the rights to his original material from that album, which would explain why they only put the covers from those sessions on there. Sony released that Gangsterville record for RSD last year.

I'd love to hear there is some more Rubin material out there. There are Walker demos/outtakes, Permanent Record demos, Streetcore scraps, maybe some Global outtakes.

Given the Meskies played Silver and Gold live a few times, then it surfaces on Streetcore as a Global outtakes, I wouldn't be surprised if there were other studio covers from their live sets that we haven't heard yet...such as Ishen.

The Meskies also went straight from Global sessions to scoring some romcom. There might be a song or two there.

Whatever the case, I'd imagine it's diminishing returns from here.

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

I won't get my hopes up, I'll just expect them to find full band versions of every single Clash II song from the same sessions where "Do it Now" and "Sex Mad War" were recorded.